Summer is winding down... LET'S REFLECT

Aquaria

How was it? Was it everything you dreamed and more?

Mine was pretty non eventful. Personally I grew a lot, but I'm not sure that had anything to do with warmer weather. I did exactly 2 "summer"-y things... Mostly I just worked and tried to survive with my sanity intact :umm:

Now it's the September Issue and I'm in the process of a reinvention, so while I loved the summer and will enjoy the remaining sunny days, I'm ready for what the autumn and new year have to bring. Plus my birthday is next month -_-

It started off as if it was plummeting downhill, but once June was over things started looking up. Still a lot of drama and heartache, but I learned to deal with it much better than I did last summer. I learned to speak up and defend myself instead of taking the quiet route hoping things would just go away and solve themselves. Some things are worth the fight.

Turning 20 has felt wonderful. I always thought I'd feel so old and burdened when I hit this age from all of the shit I've been through, but I actually feel more alive than ever. My preteens and teens taught me so much. There were times I wished I could wait to learn all or most of those lessons later on, but I appreciate it now. I feel like I can breathe and enjoy my 20s with the wisdom to make much better decisions.

I also toned up my body quite a lot, and gained a special...friend, I'll say. It wasn't the summer of dreams, but I'm grateful for it all the same.

• Upvote 1