Velvet Rope is the best album by any artist EVER.

downeaznboi

• 3 weeks later...

NNNNNN..I was 18 when Janhova released upon me her most ambitious, slightly confusing, and effortless SLAYING album of her career. It made me think..it confused me..it calmed me..it's many moods and genius got me right together.  You truly have to be on another level to listen to the album and get where SHE was coming from.  It had standout tracks, but other tracks you had to listen to it a couple of times to feel her passion.  It took me a while to get into "Empty" and to figure out what the hell she was talking about(finding love online).  She went there and in it's wake you will find instrospective albums from lessor artists like Xtina and Rihanna playing on themes of "instropection" and having a "darker image". 

But the album cover really confused me.  Here is a woman who has everything, but her head is down in a defeated pose.  It's message, still cloudy, but it fit the theme of the album.  And the album packaging SLAYED to the high heavens.

• Upvote 2

NNNNNN..I was 18 when Janhova released upon me her most ambitious, slightly confusing, and effortless SLAYING album of her career. It made me think..it confused me..it calmed me..it's many moods and genius got me right together.  You truly have to be on another level to listen to the album and get where SHE was coming from.  It had standout tracks, but other tracks you had to listen to it a couple of times to feel her passion.  It took me a while to get into "Empty" and to figure out what the hell she was talking about(finding love online).  She went there and in it's wake you will find instrospective albums from lessor artists like Xtina and Rihanna playing on themes of "instropection" and having a "darker image". 

But the album cover really confused me.  Here is a woman who has everything, but her head is down in a defeated pose.  It's message, still cloudy, but it fit the theme of the album.  And the album packaging SLAYED to the high heavens.

Weren't you in Korea or somewhere stationed when it was released? I remember you saying you had to wait to hear it or something? Tell us this story sis!

storytime.gif

• Upvote 1

Weren't you in Korea or somewhere stationed when it was released? I remember you saying you had to wait to hear it or something? Tell us this story sis!

storytime.gif

I went to Korea in 1998.  The album was released in 1997.  I remember going to Sam Goody's and trying to take the poster of her silhouette from the GTIG video and the guy wouldn't let me. :umm:  :asham:

I really got into the album when I was in Korea.  I met alot of Janet fans over there and the Korean natives loved her as well.  Also, it has special meaning because I had sex to the cd as well. :shifty:

I went to Korea in 1998.  The album was released in 1997.  I remember going to Sam Goody's and trying to take the poster of her silhouette from the GTIG video and the guy wouldn't let me. :umm:  :asham:

I really got into the album when I was in Korea.  I met alot of Janet fans over there and the Korean natives loved her as well.  Also, it has special meaning because I had sex to the cd as well. :shifty:

Aah righ ti knew it was something like that :lol:! Mess at that guy!! He clearly wanted it for himself haha

Which song :shifty:. Or was it a full length album type sex :gaycat:

Aah righ ti knew it was something like that :lol:! Mess at that guy!! He clearly wanted it for himself haha

Which song :shifty:. Or was it a full length album type sex :gaycat:

Yep. And I tried so hard to get it! It would have been a perfect addition to my shrine of Janhova. :wub:  :wub:

The whole album was playing! ^_^  But I specifically remember "Tonight's The Night" coming on while I was getting dug out. :ph34r:

I think i overplayed I Get Lonelay cuz it's been getting on my nerves recently -_-

Along with Got Till It's Gone.

been there done that.. I'm going through phases of listening to the same song over and over at least twice a day... then Switching to another song and this has been repeating since 2012

A list of songs I remember on repeating until it got on my nerves: 

Come Back 2 Me

What About

IGL

STCML

Island Life

IWY

If

SOAG (Diddy Remix (Currently)