Rihanna better than Janet?

BlackCat1989

So I was on Twitter this morning and I saw this debate going on. These little young ass kids out here talking about Rihanna is better than Janet. When I tell you I've never heard this shit come out of anybody's mouths before this. I was shocked! But then again I know I shouldn't have been seeing that these are young kids who were not exposed to the Janet we all grew up with. But still I had to let their asses know. No disrespect to Rihanna or her Stans but she ain't no where near Janet as an artist. Not only can Rihanna not sing she is a piss poor performer. Hell even Tina Landon has said that she's basically lazy when it comes to performing.

How do you guys feel about this?

Lately I've been wondering if these young kids are being short changed because a lot of these "performers" can't perform, Rihanna lacks stage presence, Janet never did. I wanted to go see Iggy Azalea in concert but after watching her youtube clips of the show, I decided ...naw...Im good :coffee:

• Upvote 1

I really do believe that all of the hype that Beyonce gets is because there are really no current female artist out there with any stage presence besides her. And even tho I am not a Beyonce fan or Rihanna fan I definitely see Beyonce being around way longer then Rihanna.

When Rihanna can get on stage and perform a song like "what about" or do an album like Rhythm Nation. Please call me!

I wish y'all wouldn't bring social media ignorance and poll the audience

Anyone with any music history knows Janet is 294748302373x better than Rihanna in every aspect.. From fashion to acting to music.. Janet paved the way and even Rihanna will admit that

:ph34r:

As much as I love the goddess, Rihanna has been slaying my soul recently with her fashions. I mean it all feels very Janet inspired, but bitch is killing the fashion game.

:ph34r:

As much as I love the goddess, Rihanna has been slaying my soul recently with her fashions. I mean it all feels very Janet inspired, but bitch is killing the fashion game.

Fashion wise Janet has a very very different and distinct fashion sense. she has this semi goth look that she never brings to her album image (for some reason) so you always end up "short".

Rihanna on the other hand uses fashion to push her image and loves to do high end editorial things with her look/albums so yeah, Rihanna overrall ends up being more fashion forward than Janet because of that

I wish y'all wouldn't bring social media ignorance and poll the audience

Anyone with any music history knows Janet is 294748302373x better than Rihanna in every aspect.. From fashion to acting to music.. Janet paved the way and even Rihanna will admit that

This, every other day it's a debate about Janet vs. somebody. I don't got time for that anymore, I did in 09, but I now know, kids & fools are going to think what they think, and when they judge most things Janet related it's post Damita Jo of all things, for the most part they have no idea what Rhythm Nation means, yet their faves are still copying from Control-DJ in from choreo to naming shit their middle names/alter ego's. The stans are no indication for anything.

Despite what Rih lacks choreography wise, she is the only black women this generation in mainstream pop whose music is worth anything, who's musical style is getting better and better, hell her performances are too. I think that's what makes her a contender if she continues down the track she's on, but no matter how great she'll be, she'll never be a threat to Janet's legacy. NO chick this generation will, and I don't give a flying fuck what any of their stans have to say, that was the truth and if they don't know it they're in denial.

• Upvote 1

This, every other day it's a debate about Janet vs. somebody. I don't got time for that anymore, I did in 09, but I now know, kids & fools are going to think what they think, and when they judge most things Janet related it's post Damita Jo of all things, for the most part they have no idea what Rhythm Nation means, yet their faves are still copying from Control-DJ in from choreo to naming shit their middle names/alter ego's. The stans are no indication for anything.

Despite what Rih lacks choreography wise, she is the only black women this generation in mainstream pop whose music is worth anything, who's musical style is getting better and better, hell her performances are too. I think that's what makes her a contender if she continues down the track she's on, but no matter how great she'll be, she'll never be a threat to Janet's legacy. NO chick this generation will, and I don't give a flying fuck what any of their stans have to say, that was the truth and if they don't know it they're in denial.

I know right! wtf!!! They don't know their music history

Yessss.. I have a ton of respect for Rihanna... She's on her way to being an icon.. but she's no Janet.. She hasn't opened any doors that wasn't already opened by Janet & the Pop Grandmother

• Upvote 1

I don't really expect the youngins to know Janets full catalog, most of em just may remember only the A4U era..but not too much before that cuz they were too young. So when the 17,18, 19 yr olds say shit like that, yeah its them talkin out their ass but then again they really don't know any better cuz they're not from that generation.

I let them have that but the ONLY time I will correct them and/or put them in their place is when it comes to stats and/or them acting as if their Fav is the first to do something. Ha, groundbreaking? Lil kid, Janet already "broke that ground"more than 20 yrs ago before you were born and your Fav was in the mirror singing with a hairbrush ,wishing she was Janet. Boy,scram..

You're always bringing ignorant, shady stuff over here.

How old are you?

You give Troll vibes.

I am 29! And I thought this was a Janet forum. I thought this was a place to discuss Janet! I am NOT a troll! I am a life long Janet fan. She will always be MY #1 favorite artist. I defend Janet tooth and nail! I even joined Prince.org just to Stan for her. I bring up these kinds of conversations so that we as Janet lovers can discuss them! Like damn you really hurt my feelings by calling me a troll!