The Official iPhone Thread - USERS, UPDATE TO iOS 8.1 ASAP

Rock & Roll Hall of Game

I'm interested to know what you guys use your phone for, mainly? Is it your main source of internet access?

Whats the longest you could do without it? Im curious

Calls, texts, Internet when I'm away from my laptop, and certain reference type apps that I can have quick, necessary, and easy access to (dictionary, weather, maps, etc.). Some social networking, but only on the go sometimes. I could go without it for maybe a day. I need to be able to contact and be contacted easily and all the time and those reference apps are important. I use my iPad for most of my social networking and for school, too. Pages(notes and essays), Keynote(presentations), and various textbooks from iBooks and the Kindle app.

I use my iPad for Netflix ^_^

do you stream to your flat screen? I think I need to shop for accessories, my Ipad is fast and the download for IOS8 was about 30 minutes if that, I like how it handles, I must admit Apple offers some premium products. I was in the Apple store and not impressed with the size of the laptops, my laptop is over 16 inches screen, and they told me why would I want something that big? They used to sell a 17 inch laptop but it didnt sell well, Im getting the idea here slowly that portable and functional is the thing here. I want a desktop Apple though they  have me sold on that.

Anytime sir :wub:

Besides Blatin... Did anyone else get the iPhone 6 or 6+?

I'm kinda waiting for the holidays I think they may  place the phone on my carrier and at that point I will buy it, but right now my Iphone4 is enough for me even if it is obsolete, its in perfect condition and works perfectly.......do I want one? sure I plan on making two more Apple purchases this year, one over a grand :w00t:

Apple pulls iOS 8.0.1 update, after users report dead cell service, broken Touch ID

Less than a week following the release of iOS 8, Apple has released the first update to the platform.

However, for some it brings more problems than it solves. 

Hundreds on Twitter say they are unable to get a cellular signal following the update, with their iPhones stuck in searching for service mode, or getting the "No signal" message.

Others are seeing problems with the Touch ID fingerprint reader after applying the 8.0.1 update. 

We tested an iPhone 6 running T-Mobile in ZDNet's New York newsroom, and an iPhone 6 Plus running on the 3 network in the UK and can confirm the issue. 

Several iPads that have been tested however seem to have survived the update unscathed. Also, we are getting unconfirmed reports that the problem is confined to the iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus.

For now, upgrading to iOS 8.0.1 is not advised, no matter what device you are running.

There's no mention as to whether the update brings with it better battery life or fixes some of the stability issues that some users have been experiencing. Also, there is no word as to whether this update includes any security fixes.

iOS 8.0.1 brings with it the following improvements and bug fixes, including updates to HealthKit, and addressing third-party keyboard issues.

The update is available either as an over-the-air (OTA) update or via iTunes.

The update is available for the iPhone 4s and later, iPad 2 and later, iPad mini and later, and iPod touch (fifth-generation).

http://www.zdnet.com/apple-issues-ios-8-0-1-for-bug-fixes-knocks-out-cell-service-and-touch-id-for-some-7000034016/

9PjwR8Z.png

iOS 8 will be released today. 4S and up users should upgrade their Device ^_^

On my 4S it says I don't have enough space although I've known others who have upgraded it through their computer with no problems.  Unfortunately my iTunes no longer recognises when I have the phone plugged in, even though it will still back up and sync. <_<

I'm due a phone upgrade in a few weeks anyway so maybe I'll just wait.

On my 4S it says I don't have enough space although I've known others who have upgraded it through their computer with no problems. Unfortunately my iTunes no longer recognises when I have the phone plugged in, even though it will still back up and sync. <_<

I'm due a phone upgrade in a few weeks anyway so maybe I'll just wait.

Where is your music stored?

How much is it over there without a contract? I want to get one but i always get the feeling that its cheaper over there. 

They are asking me for the 16GB plus 800€ =~$1K over here so how much is it over there?

about 800 US dollars but what I find interesting isn't the price here which is relatively high, if u go to apples store online the phone is priced through plans with the major carriers thus getting people to commit to some kinda long term "deal" the thing is staying off contract offers more flexibility in pricing and quality.....competition is good for the consumer

about 800 US dollars but what I find interesting isn't the price here which is relatively high, if u go to apples store online the phone is priced through plans with the major carriers thus getting people to commit to some kinda long term "deal" the thing is staying off contract offers more flexibility in pricing and quality.....competition is good for the consumer

Yeah i dont do contracts, i always pay the full price :lol: Our contracts/plans are the pits really, not worth it AT ALL. 

I work for one of the biggest cell phone/ cable companies of this country yet id never buy a phone under one of our contracts. We pay way too freaking much. The initial fee we have to pay for the phone is extremely high (haven't checked iphone 6 cuz ive been on vacations but i bet its around 500 US with no insurance) , and have to stay with a 80 USD contract for 2 years that doesn't even give me more than 1GB of internet. 

It's ridiculous cuz we are one of the top countries when it comes to cell phone/ net tech yet, every single company on this country has/charges the same plans/ prices. They can get everything lower but they dont do it till another company does...

Only Brazil has it worse  :lol:

Yeah i dont do contracts, i always pay the full price :lol: Our contracts/plans are the pits really, not worth it AT ALL. 

I work for one of the biggest cell phone/ cable companies of this country yet id never buy a phone under one of our contracts. We pay way too freaking much. The initial fee we have to pay for the phone is extremely high (haven't checked iphone 6 cuz ive been on vacations but i bet its around 500 US with no insurance) , and have to stay with a 80 USD contract for 2 years that doesn't even give me more than 1GB of internet. 

It's ridiculous cuz we are one of the top countries when it comes to cell phone/ net tech yet, every single company on this country has/charges the same plans/ prices. They can get everything lower but they dont do it till another company does...

Only Brazil has it worse  :lol:

I thought we had begun to see the eradication of contract commitments here, but with this Iphone6 introduction and the conditions attached to subsidizing it under a plan, options on the latest hype are kinda limited unless you plan on shelling out $849 bucks on a fucking phone, which isn't available through smaller carriers at a low rate. Apple says that their product is meant to be considered a high end product, therefore any carrier that says the phone is "free" (like Verizon offered with a 2 year) cannot happen....the Iphone is considered a premium product consumers are expected to pay that premium. Personally I won't even lie, I'm with a reduced price Iphone4 on a month to month carrier, I was on contract with Sprint for a decade, and thought why pay over 100 bucks a month for a shit phone under contract? So now it's all auto-pay through a low cost carrier that uses Verizon's network anyway, I get the great service at a reasonable price....It aint that serious to me, but to everyone that rushes out to get an Iphone6 more power to you :filenails:

• Upvote 1

How much is it over there without a contract? I want to get one but i always get the feeling that its cheaper over there.

They are asking me for the 16GB plus 800€ =~$1K over here so how much is it over there?

Without a contract.. Lemme check

$749 for the 16gb iPhone 6+ and $100 increase per GB

So the 128gb iPhone 6+ will cost $949

• Upvote 1

I thought we had begun to see the eradication of contract commitments here, but with this Iphone6 introduction and the conditions attached to subsidizing it under a plan, options on the latest hype are kinda limited unless you plan on shelling out $849 bucks on a fucking phone, which isn't available through smaller carriers at a low rate. Apple says that their product is meant to be considered a high end product, therefore any carrier that says the phone is "free" (like Verizon offered with a 2 year) cannot happen....the Iphone is considered a premium product consumers are expected to pay that premium. Personally I won't even lie, I'm with a reduced price Iphone4 on a month to month carrier, I was on contract with Sprint for a decade, and thought why pay over 100 bucks a month for a shit phone under contract? So now it's all auto-pay through a low cost carrier that uses Verizon's network anyway, I get the great service at a reasonable price....It aint that serious to me, but to everyone that rushes out to get an Iphone6 more power to you :filenails:

None of the carriers can legally offer the iPhone 6(+) free or discounted. Apple sets the prices.. The iPhone 4S or 5c is offered at a penny with a two year deal.. The iPhone 5 is $99 and so on and so forth

Contracts will never end. Not a lot of people can shell out $700+ for a good smartphone so they pay $80-100/month.. Something reasonable

None of the carriers can legally offer the iPhone 6(+) free or discounted. Apple sets the prices.. The iPhone 4S or 5c is offered at a penny with a two year deal.. The iPhone 5 is $99 and so on and so forth

Contracts will never end. Not a lot of people can shell out $700+ for a good smartphone so they pay $80-100/month.. Something reasonable

not when you factor in the savings over the long term, at my current rate I paid less than a year ago 350 outta pocket for a no contract Iphone4....yes bitch a 4 :rolleyes: BUT my bill is 49.33 a month PERIOD.....those savings add up...this hot dude at the Apple store was asking about upgrading cause he has an Iphone 5s and as soon as I heard "on contract" I was like honey you fucked :filenails: