Sharon Osbourne Trashes U2 as "Middle Age Political Groupies," "Megalomaniacs"

jarrylf

When it comes to U2, Sharon Osbourne would much rather be without the band, than with them. The television personality, 61, took to Twitter on Monday, Sept. 15, to offer some unprompted opinions on the Bono-led band. 

"U2 you are business moguls not musicians anymore," she wrote, after U2 partnered with Apple to release the new album Songs of Innocence. "No wonder you have to give your mediocre music away for free cause no one wants to buy it."

Songs of Innocence was announced at a highly anticipated Apple event, and the album was downloaded for free to iTunes customers' accounts. 

"Guys nothing is for free, how much you making?" Osbourne continued of the deal, which reportedly cost Apple $100 million. "PS, btw you are just a bunch of middle age political groupies…."

She didn't stop there, however. Osbourne continued her rant against the "Ordinary Love" performers in two more tweets: "Whose political ass are we going to pull you out of today? Or are you front row at another tragic fashion show?... Jimmy Iovine, iTunes, U2, you're a bunch of megalomaniacs. F--K YOU!"

The Talk host took a break for a few hours from her U2 hating, but returned to it on Monday night, telling followers how to remove the band's album from their iTunes. 

"Here's how to say NO to @U2's new  record that was forced upon you by @iTunes - #NoThankU2," she tweeted with a link to Apple's instructions. 

There has been no comment from Bono, nor the rest of his U2 bandmates, on Osbourne's words. 

Read more: http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/news/sharon-osbourne-trashes-u2-as-middle-age-political-groupies-2014169#ixzz3DZPSIoDM 
Follow us: @usweekly on Twitter | usweekly on Facebook

I can't disagree with a single word. Smart stunt/move on there part but damnit they didn't need to do this, this is  what newer artists should be up to, sales shouldn't matter THIS much after 30 years in the biz, but hey it's U2, and they'll be damned if they're going out of style...and that's what annoys me about them

Queen.

And U2 has been like this for ages now, they dont care about the quality of their music anymore, they just want a reason to tour cuz that's where the coins are . It's like Madge in a way.

TRUE, they do have they do the thirsty/desperation thing classier than Madge (imo) but I'd bet it's at the same level.

• Upvote 1

And that's why i can't stand them :lol: They are a over-hyped, over acclaimed piece of trash. Glad this Apple thing is kinda backfiring 

THANK.YOU! GOD DAMNIT, they're another debate I get in (not here mostly with my friends) because that's legit 100% my opinion as well and everyone who disagree's is like "But they're U2 tho" lol, and Im like yea, they're legends, they're majorly successful.....but I think they're overrated and attention hoes...but classy 1's but a hoe is a hoe, classy or trashy. And I just can't with that, even if I think your music sucks, it gives you more points if your legit doing it for the love of making music and not for stat's, stunt attention, and a reasons to tour to get your coint up.

RIGHT, DON'T GO THERE WITH THEM! CAUSE THEY CAN REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAD   :lmao:

A lot of the time they come across as a mess but I get my life. They're too funny :lmao:. Remember the Gaga drama? And the Xtina drama was always entertaining.