Rihanna to CBS: "Fuck you!"

TwistedElegance™

CBS/NFL Punishes Rihanna For Ray Rice's Sins

CBS altered the format of its televised pre-game show for last night’s NFL Thursday Night Football telecast. The segment was to involve actor Don Cheadle narrating while the background music comprised of a Grammy-winning Rihanna song entitled “Run This Town.” Instead, what happened at last night’s pre-game event was a somewhat more low-key opening followed by a CBS News report from Norah O’Donnell concerning the developing story of former Baltimore Ravens player Ray Rice. He was of course cut by his team and suspended indefinitely by the league after video footage of him violently assaulting his then-fiancée (and now wife) was leaked to the media via TMZ. Good intentions aside, the unfortunate side-effect of this change, which pretty much every media outlet has reported as “CBS pulls Rihanna song from NFL telecast because of Ray Rice story,” is that the Grammy-winning singer has had her song pulled from a national televised event because she was a victim of a high-profile domestic violence incident five years ago. She was not the perpetrator, but rather the victim, yet she is being (indirectly?) punished due to her association with domestic violence as opposed to being thought of as an artist first and a crime victim second.

@rihanna: CBS you pulled my song last week, now you wanna slide it back in this Thursday? NO, Fuck you! Y'all are sad for penalizing me for this.

Read more: http://www.forbes.com/sites/scottmendelson/2014/09/12/cbsnfl-rihanna-switch-places-victimhood-over-artistic-accomplishments/

The only viable angle I can see here is that Rihanna as a domestic abuse victim reconciled with her assailant...

and that is what Sports radio is saying......she like it or not perpetuates the idea its okay to kiss and make up after a dude whooped yo ass :coffee: and they don't want girls, women, etc to get the idea its okay to get knocked the fuck out every now and then as long as he got coin and peen -_-

Right on Rihanna.

NFL is nothing but a bunch of culture appropriating vultures who tap into hip-hop/r&b culture when convenient for them.  Whenever there is a scandal, for some reason, they nix any hip-hop attitudes that can be found in their telecast.

I don't think this has anything to do with her being a crime victim and everything to do with her being African-American and being on a rap song. TBH, it's Jay-Z's song not Rihanna's.. so..

• Upvote 1