The How to Get Away with Murder Thread

bu.

Shonda be on it with these twists and turns!

Annalise is such a complicated character..and Viola Davis SLAYS each and every time.

Cicely Tyson was great as Annalise's mother!

Shondsus slays! 

I need season 2 ASAP!

I don't want this next comment to cause offence as my wording may be wrong. I love when she takes her hair off. What black actress allows themselves to be seen by the world with no weave/wig and they're portraying a hugely successful lawyer as opposed to a stereotypical poor slave role? For someone to do that in front of such a huge audience is admirable. Kudos to Viola for that and possible inspiring women through that alone. Her acting is just so superb! 

Shondsus slays! 

I need season 2 ASAP!

I don't want this next comment to cause offence as my wording may be wrong. I love when she takes her hair off. What black actress allows themselves to be seen by the world with no weave/wig and they're portraying a hugely successful lawyer as opposed to a stereotypical poor slave role? For someone to do that in front of such a huge audience is admirable. Kudos to Viola for that and possible inspiring women through that alone. Her acting is just so superb! 

When she dresses up, she's seen as this powerful, sexy woman.  She's professional. She's competitive.  She's that BITCH.

BuT, when she's at home and realizes all the shit that she's done during the day, she washes her face..she takes off that wig..she unwinds..It's like she's undressing in front of her eyes and stripping away all the shit that happened that day.  She's verrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrry brave for being so vulnerable..but it works because she's not hiding her ethnicity and she's defying the standards of beauty in Hollywood.

• Upvote 1

When she dresses up, she's seen as this powerful, sexy woman.  She's professional. She's competitive.  She's that BITCH.

BuT, when she's at home and realizes all the shit that she's done during the day, she washes her face..she takes off that wig..she unwinds..It's like she's undressing in front of her eyes and stripping away all the shit that happened that day.  She's verrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrry brave for being so vulnerable..but it works because she's not hiding her ethnicity and she's defying the standards of beauty in Hollywood.

She better get an award or something because her acting >>>>

She better get an award or something because her acting >>>>

Well she scooped up The SAG award for best drama actress..and a few more lessor awards like the People Choice Award and NAACP award for best actress.

I think she has a strong chance to win the Emmy in August. 

Also, I think it's going to be great to see her and Taraji P. Henson in that category in August.  I think Taraji will get nominated as well.  Keri Washington might get kept out again.

• Upvote 1

Well she scooped up The SAG award for best drama actress..and a few more lessor awards like the People Choice Award and NAACP award for best actress.

Also, I think it's going to be great to see her and Taraji P. Henson in that category in August.  I think Taraji will get nominated as well.  Keri Washington might get kept out again.

They keep doing the good sis Kerry wrong, especially since she pretty much 're-opened the door' for a strong black female lead. 

• Upvote 1

I don't see Taraji getting nomimated for anything.  Kerry out acted her in the first episode of scandal this season.  Viola has acted circles around her the whole season.  The material is not strong enough for Taraji to get any nod outside of BET

I'd bet on Cicely getting a nod for her episode. That ending scene when she was combing Viola's hair is EVERYTHING, every scene she did in that episode was tho frankly

She had me in stitiches.  Every word that came out of her mouth was pure gold.  

I don't see Taraji getting nomimated for anything.  Kerry out acted her in the first episode of scandal this season.  Viola has acted circles around her the whole season.  The material is not strong enough for Taraji to get any nod outside of BET

I disagree.  She's the heart of the show, and critics have praised the show and her acting abilities.  I wouldn't be surprised if she's not nominated because Viola out acts both ladies.  And Keri got booted for Viola in categories that she was nominated for.  I don't see it for Taraji taking Viola's spot, because they are somewhat overlapping with their respective shows.

I can see Taraji getting nominated for a Emmy tho, not booting Viola (Kerry maybe, 2nd half of this season finally really shook up her character) but there might be room for her without booting either of the 2 others, a win would be shocking to me but not a nomination

• Upvote 1

I can see Taraji getting nominated for a Emmy tho, not booting Viola (Kerry maybe, 2nd half of this season finally really shook up her character) but there might be room for her without booting either of the 2 others, a win would be shocking to me but not a nomination

It will be Viola 1 and Kerry 2 based on Scandal tonight.  Shonda had her game on like Jordan in the fourth quarter tonight.  They may not even be in the same category depending on if people view the show as a musical vs a drama

It will be Viola 1 and Kerry 2 based on Scandal tonight.  Shonda had her game on like Jordan in the fourth quarter tonight.  They may not even be in the same category depending on if people view the show as a musical vs a drama

I agree with Viola first and Kerry possibly second. They are doing a nice reboot with Olivia's character, which was needed.  But Viola is a FANTASTIC actress even if walking in heels are not her thing.

• Upvote 2

I agree with Viola first and Kerry possibly second. They are doing a nice reboot with Olivia's character, which was needed.  But Viola is a FANTASTIC actress even if walking in heels are not her thing.

:lmao:   It is painful to watch.  I thought she was pigeoned toed at first.  

I think it takes maybe a woman's eye to notice those things in other women. To me it looks like Viola is just walking too hard :lol: but now I notice it in the show

Im on my 6th episode, I've sorta been binge watching it, relaxing. Smart show, I wonder if it keeps its steam going :unsure: