The How to Get Away with Murder Thread

bu.

I agree with Viola first and Kerry possibly second. They are doing a nice reboot with Olivia's character, which was needed.  But Viola is a FANTASTIC actress even if walking in heels are not her thing.

PRAISE.THE.LAWD lol, This season is making me so damn proud of her.

I think it takes maybe a woman's eye to notice those things in other women. To me it looks like Viola is just walking too hard :lol: but now I notice it in the show

Im on my 6th episode, I've sorta been binge watching it, relaxing. Smart show, I wonder if it keeps its steam going :unsure:

The funny thing is when she was on Law and Order: SVU, I didn't notice it when she had that role as a recurring defense attorney.  I didn't notice it ever until this show.  It works when she's about to read Sam for filth for the millionth time, but it doesn't always work in the courtoom :lol:

I LOVE her dresses though. :wub:

PRAISE.THE.LAWD lol, This season is making me so damn proud of her.

She needed to start over.  I didn't really care for Olivia in Season 3 and for a good portion of Season 4, which bothered me because she is my favorite character.

I'm also not really feeling how they're writing Mellie.  She's all over the place in terms of her character. I don't know what to make of her outside of her ambition. And I need Fitz to be presidential about anything, something.  Pick a topic and be a president about it.

I'm glad Olivia is trying to get back to paying her bills so poor Quinn can pay her student loans :lol:

She needed to start over. I didn't really care for Olivia in Season 3 and for a good portion of Season 4, which bothered me because she is my favorite character.

I'm also not really feeling how they're writing Mellie. She's all over the place in terms of her character. I don't know what to make of her outside of her ambition. And I need Fitz to be presidential about anything, something. Pick a topic and be a president about it.

I'm glad Olivia is trying to get back to paying her bills so poor Quinn can pay her student loans :lol:

Girrrrrrrrl lemme tell you, I so believe her father carried season 3 & part 1 of this season, if not for her father on the show when he came I was about ready to move on/fall off of this show, but he lit that fire in every way a fire needed to be lit to me. But her character wasnt doing it for me until she realized what her father did, and then the kidnapping? Oh ho, okay, I see you Liv lol Millie was actually my favorite character period before what happened to Jerry, but for me I also loved her more with the Olivia kidnapping, and I love that she wants to be president and all.Fitz.... I can't, I never really could, I kinda find him as a written character to be weak, but the actor who plays him brings him LYFE, and thats the power of a good actor. But yea I would love to see him be dominantly strong or right about something.

Girrrrrrrrl lemme tell you, I so believe her father carried season 3 & part 1 of this season, if not for her father on the show when he came I was about ready to move on/fall off of this show, but he lit that fire in every way a fire needed to be lit to me. But her character wasnt doing it for me until she realized what her father did, and then the kidnapping? Oh ho, okay, I see you Liv lol Millie was actually my favorite character period before what happened to Jerry, but for me I also loved her more with the Olivia kidnapping, and I love that she wants to be president and all.Fitz.... I can't, I never really could, I kinda find him as a written character to be weak, but the actor who plays him brings him LYFE, and thats the power of a good actor. But yea I would love to see him be dominantly strong or right about something.

I tuned in for Papa Pope to tell everybody that ain't shit and weren't ever gonna be shit :lol:  I'm surprised Olivia even has any hair follicles growing from her head.

I'm glad that she's finding her own inner strength.  I miss Season 1 and most of Season 2 Olivia.  I need her back and I see they're starting to return her.

Mellie was the character I loved to hate.  She was ambitious, shrewd, and a fire in her belly that I respected.  I was irritated with the rape scene because I first thought was unnecessary and that they were trying to get people on her side.  She was a character I respected and loved to hate,so I felt that was some inconsistency in the writing because they initially wrote her and Fitz's marriage as a political one which is fine by me as that happens all the time. 

Tony Goldwyn is an awesome actor, so I'm not surprised that he's killing it as Fitz with his no eyebrow-having self.  The chemistry he has with Kerry makes what they're doing palatable, even if it's the most toxic relationship I root for on TV (granted I don't root for it as much as I used to).  But I would like to actually see Fitz run the country once before he has to step down, because he hasn't really done that in his second term.

• Upvote 2

The writers of this show deserve all the critical acclaim they received. Despite the show's origin in Shondaland, this thing is well written and executed, Viola Davis shines with wit, emotional and character. The show's other cast members do a good job of playing the Scooby gang like ensemble. Theres a good balance of plot and characters. I see a few missteps, I dont buy the romance that came out of nowhere between Wes and Rebecca. The gay character was well on his way to being a bad stereotype of gay men, the slut pup, but the actor playing him is actually one of the stronger performers of the young group. I do find the young Black female attorney Michaela very strong and attractive, that actress is going places I predict, as long as her talent outweighs her looks.

• 1 month later...

(Warning! The spoilers are real! The people are r--lemme stop lol. So don't quote this post if you haven't watched the episodes and still plan to )

This show had me messed up at the end lol! The way Annalise

kept telling Wes to keep saying "Sam killed Lila" gave me chills. Well technically, Sam DID kill Lila because he ordered it ~ he just had Frank do the dirty work because he owed him that favor ~ which I wonder what it was.

And I hate that they

killed off Rebecca

-_- ~ she was a flawed but interesting character. Plus I thought she was pretty cute with the nose ring. I was hoping she'd redeem herself somehow.

but I'm still dying to know whodunditit! I think it had something to do with

the Eggs 911 text. Maybe a drug dealer... Eggs => eggs crack => crack cocaine

Heck, I could also see the twist being

Nate. He was accused of a murder he didn't do (although partially responsible imo) then he gets away with a murder he did do.

^I could see the show pulling off an ironic twist like that.

I wonder if Annalise knows what Frank is capable of. I think she is. They're both pros at gaming the system.

I doubt it's

Frank or Wes - too obvious because they each already have one bodycount to their name.

And I think

Laurel is also a possibility (thru Frank tho). Whoever is Rebecca's murder

it's going to be someone I least expect and/or not paying close attention to lol

Yeah this is gonna be a loooooong summer for me! :lol:

Yeah she must know he's "that type of guy" lol. I'm also curious how they crossed paths in the first place, as well as how Bonnie came into the picture. I hope the next season will shed some light on that!

Agreed. I want back stories on these people. But I LOVE this show! I miss it!

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Im glad they finally made Wes matter again, he's been such a waste this whole season to me

What I don't like & Don't buy at all is the Gay guy being as cut throught, and mischievous and mysterious as he was in season 1, being so overly head over heels in love and scared and safe all of season 2 so far, Im sorry he was 1 of my favorite characters when the show started, but this SWIFT and quick change in personality Im not here for, and I like his Boyfriend's character alot actually, BUT I think they could've waited a few seasons for this character to realize the importance of love and relationships and value that over the class.............not a season. That bugs me. I'm all for character development but not this swiftly, like I felt the same way with Living Single, they made Max & Kyle sleep together too soon. 

Wes is my fav of the K5, so I'm glad he...

got a bigger role. As soon as Annalise shouted "Rebecca's dead," that's when I knew what would happen next. I was only kinda surprised because I thought he was already running out of the mansion when the shot fired lol. I had a hunch Annalise was involved with Wes's mom's murder somehow, and I can't wait to find out in what way. I have like a dozen different crazy theories on that alone lol!

Now that Connor... 

has settled into a serious relationship, he can't really "use his secret powers" anymore lol. Yeah I guess an example is when he helped threw the case with the murderous girl.

I'm also dying to know...

what favor Frank owed Sam that he had to kill Lila, as well as the significance of Laurel's dad (I thought drug cartel at first).

• Upvote 1

Wes is my fav of the K5, so I'm glad he...

Hidden Content

Now that Connor... 

Hidden Content

I'm also dying to know...

Hidden Content

CONNOR!!! Thats his name, Im the worst with names yea I wanted to see more of him being a ho frankly LOL, I just found that so great in his character and how ruthless he was and I LOVED THAT, the class has nobody else filling those shoes, so.....I want him to go back to his ho-ish ways, and ditch the sensitive shit.

But yea I thought Wes was great last season but all this season his character's been SOOOO lost, and it's understandable becasue he's been trying to find out the truth about Rebecca so he should be but ..... I need more

CONNOR!!! Thats his name, Im the worst with names yea I wanted to see more of him being a ho frankly LOL, I just found that so great in his character and how ruthless he was and I LOVED THAT, the class has nobody else filling those shoes, so.....I want him to go back to his ho-ish ways, and ditch the sensitive shit.

But yea I thought Wes was great last season but all this season his character's been SOOOO lost, and it's understandable becasue he's been trying to find out the truth about Rebecca so he should be but ..... I need more

Same, it took a few episodes for their names to sink in. I kept calling him the "gay law intern," Wes was "Dean Thomas," and Rebecca was "that rude neighbor girl." :lol: But yeah something definitely changed Connor this season ~ I guess Oliver 

contracting HIV scared him out of it.

Yeah, Wes made me react "what the heck, dude?" a few times this season lol. He tried but Frank was always 12 steps ahead of him lol. I've been rooting for him to find the truth so he can have some closure though.

• Upvote 1