The real story...

EphraimAdamz

Not playing the blame, more so shade to those that went out of the way to defend Justin. Even insinuating he didn't know what would happen and that he was genuinely "outraged" 

That's all.  :yep:

Justin was genuinely a Janet fan. That is a fact. So I don't think for one minute that he wasn't upset about the situation. We know that he cannot handle pressure all that well judging from his Punked episode. He panicked and left her out on that stake all by herself. Im sure if he could go back he would handle the situation differently.

Speaking from my own experience, I carried mild hatred towards him a long time. I would be repulsed whenever I saw him or heard him speak, but there comes a time when Janet fans have to let that shit go. Im not saying that you are like that, but I know some people here do not like him for that reason and for that reason alone. Janet has moved on and let it go, I just wish that some of her fans could do the same.

Justin was genuinely a Janet fan. That is a fact. So I don't think for one minute that he wasn't upset about the situation. We know that he cannot handle pressure all that well judging from his Punked episode. He panicked and left her out on that stake all by herself. Im sure if he could go back he would handle the situation differently.

Speaking from my own experience, I carried mild hatred towards him a long time. I would be repulsed whenever I saw him or heard him speak, but there comes a time when Janet fans have to let that shit go. Im not saying that you are like that, but I know some people here do not like him for that reason and for that reason alone. Janet has moved on and let it go, I just wish that some of her fans could do the same.

He can't grasp the concept of letting go of his grudge

Like I've been saying all year everytime someone comes out with the TRUTH, where in the fucking hell were these folks with the truth back in 04?! That annoys me, but I always knew in 10 years from the incident more would come out from the people involved in the background, and that's pretty much what happened..

• Upvote 1

I have never liked him and he didn't do himself any favors with how he handled this situation. lol

I know he panicked and went into "save myself" mode. lol I can let go, it has been 10 years afterall, but I won't forget. Especially since he has yet to truly take responsibility for his actions after the fact.

However, my opinions of him aside, my shade is directed at Game, Dayz, and a few others, that went out of their way to defend him. Going so far to say that he didn't know what would take place. Just letting them know that the tea has been spilled once and for all.... 

wqr7gi.jpg

lol

• Upvote 1

I have never liked him and he didn't do himself any favors with how he handled this situation. lol

We sure as hell on the same page with that lol. I simply didn't like him, found him smug and annoying before it, and he just made me think even less of him during that time, in time I didn't/don't hold it as hardly against him (I try not to anyway...most times), but still find him smug and annoying.

We sure as hell on the same page with that lol. I simply didn't like him, found him smug and annoying before it, and he just made me think even less of him during that time, in time I didn't/don't hold it as hardly against him (I try not to anyway...most times), but still find him smug and annoying.

Way before 2004 he was just always so fake and phony to me. Even until this day I can't take him seriously. His transition into RnB still doesn't feel natural. He went from boy band to  Timbaland and Pharell, the most expensive and hottest Hip-Hop producers anyone could of signed at the time.

What hurts most is that he was always up the Jackson's ass until that moment, yet he jumped ship at the first taste of controversy. Yet now you're on MJ's songs and albums once he's deceased?

Retweeting the N word, and slick mouth abbreviations like "My Ninja". I dont trust him. Just fake, fake, fake. Zero's across the board from me.

• Upvote 1

Way before 2004 he was just always so fake and phony to me. Even until this day I can't take him seriously. His transition into RnB still doesn't feel natural. He went from boy band to Timbaland and Pharell, the most expensive and hottest Hip-Hop producers anyone could of signed at the time.

What hurts most is that he was always up the Jackson's ass until that moment, yet he jumped ship at the first taste of controversy. Yet now you're on MJ's songs and albums once he's deceased?

Retweeting the N word, and slick mouth abbreviations like "My Ninja". I dont trust him. Just fake, fake, fake. Zero's across the board from me.

Plzzzzzzzzzzz let's not get on your fav. It's plenty of reasons to hate the Emperor of Flops Mr.Usher Raymond, with his cocky "ppl need to bow down to me" ass but you wanna talk about Justin, like he's the most vile person on earth? He's for damn sure alot more grounded than Usher's ass. Not one ounce of humility flows thru the blood of that man's body. The NERVE :blink: Justin knows his place.. Usher always carried himself as if he's the 2nd coming of Michael Jackson but we know that can't be true because he hasn't even reached iconic status in a 20 yr career, well at least not one that ppl recognize and/or acknowledge. So you and yo fav can have a couple of seats up in the nosebleed section where all the rest of the hypocrites of reality sit. YOU people kills me. Wanna throw salt on others while your favs aren't squeaky clean either and most certainly have fucked up ways just like the next. But its okay to swing on their nutsack and excuse their short comings while condemning others. I hope you are enjoying those seats up top. Looks like you'll be there for awhile.
  • Upvote 1

Way before 2004 he was just always so fake and phony to me. Even until this day I can't take him seriously. His transition into RnB still doesn't feel natural. He went from boy band to  Timbaland and Pharell, the most expensive and hottest Hip-Hop producers anyone could of signed at the time.

Amen on that, I've said from day 1 I get "trying too hard" from him, & still do, and I just can't with that smugness.

BINGO, that's my biggest takeaway from this whole thing & what made him fucked up, all his career my redeeming point for him was how much he seemed to love & respect her, TRRRUST I wouldn't know that 1st album beyond the singles if not for the track with Janet, which made me give the whole album a listen. And then after that happened it wasn't enough that he threw her under the bus but waited SO long to admit he was wrong & even publicly say her name again. And don't even get me started on the MJ song LOL

But it's beyond just his overrated ass, him throwing her under the bus was only 1 part of the problem, the other part is people who knew the truth of how everything was supposed to go and what was wrong kept their mouths shut until 10 years later, now they wanna say "OK that was a bit of a over reaction" :sigh:

Plzzzzzzzzzzz let's not get on your fav. It's plenty of reasons to hate the Emperor of Flops Mr.Usher Raymond, with his cocky "ppl need to bow down to me" ass but you wanna talk about Justin, like he's the most vile person on earth? He's for damn sure alot more grounded than Usher's ass. Not one ounce of humility flows thru the blood of that man's body. The NERVE :blink: Justin knows his place.. Usher always carried himself as if he's the 2nd coming of Michael Jackson but we know that can't be true because he hasn't even reached iconic status in a 20 yr career, well at least not one that ppl recognize and/or acknowledge. So you and yo fav can have a couple of seats up in the nosebleed section where all the rest of the hypocrites of reality sit. YOU people kills me. Wanna throw salt on others while your favs aren't squeaky clean either and most certainly have fucked up ways just like the next. But its okay to swing on their nutsack and excuse their short comings while condemning others. I hope you are enjoying those seats up top. Looks like you'll be there for awhile.

I don't see how me being a Usher fan excuses Justin Timberlake's actions concerning the Superbowl. What does Usher have to do with this thread again :mellow: 

• Upvote 1

Amen on that, I've said from day 1 I get "trying too hard" from him, & still do, and I just can't with that smugness.

BINGO, that's my biggest takeaway from this whole thing & what made him fucked up, all his career my redeeming point for him was how much he seemed to love & respect her, TRRRUST I wouldn't know that 1st album beyond the singles if not for the track with Janet, which made me give the whole album a listen. And then after that happened it wasn't enough that he threw her under the bus but waited SO long to admit he was wrong & even publicly say her name again. And don't even get me started on the MJ song LOL

But it's beyond just his overrated ass, him throwing her under the bus was only 1 part of the problem, the other part is people who knew the truth of how everything was supposed to go and what was wrong kept their mouths shut until 10 years later, now they wanna say "OK that was a bit of a over reaction" :sigh:

So sad too when a leading diva gave you a chance on her Velvet Rope Tour. You and your band doing That's The Way Love Goes covers and stuff.

Even Michael knew that everyone involved was out to bring her down, he just didn't wanna say (but we know the deal :asham: )

"That's a interesting hypothesis" :lmao:

So sad too when a leading diva gave you a chance on her Velvet Rope Tour. You and your band doing That's The Way Love Goes covers and stuff.

Even Michael knew that everyone involved was out to bring her down, he just didn't wanna say (but we know the deal :asham: )

I forgot about the naked man at the Oscars story. Hypocrisy from American media?

• Upvote 1

Especially considering Usher most likely would of had our girls back.

Well yea, but your 1 sentence was a major chop, cause Ush had nothing to do with that show, and that's what this topic is about, people who were involved, VERY good rebuttal sir. :thumbup:

I forgot about the naked man at the Oscars story. Hypocrisy from American media?

IM VERY happy you posted that video because that evolves the conversation, I haven't seen that interview/MJ response since it was new, but yea we can't pretend that a LARGE part of the huge diss was also the Jackson factor, for years people said "the whole families crazy, but Janet" now they had a reason to say Janet too, and I can't help but think had this been J.Lo, Bey, Whit, or any other female performer, it would've been a big deal, but there was def a Jackson factor to me.

AND YES BU, I never knew about the Oscars thing, and nobody when slamming her that I can recall even bringing this up!

• Upvote 1

Jarry .. while youre worried about JT and stay throwing insults, you need to focus on Why mr.Thicke's album "Paula" is a major FLOP/FAIL. Thought using his public dismissal of his girlfriend would make ppl buy the album, NOT! AND then only to find out he's an alcoholic who lied about writing on his biggest hit becuz he was too ashame to let "someone else take all the glory" .. how pathetic and childish of him. Are we in 1st grade? :blink: so you can have a couple of seats behind him in the delusional class you both signed up for.

And Eff, the last of your worries should be on JT , focus on getting your fav the RECOGNITION he deserves instead of goin down in the history books for having ONE monster selling album.. no legacy or nothing will be behind his name in those books, hell even if his name gets mentioned. Good luck to you both on that.

Jarry .. while youre worried about JT and stay throwing insults, you need to focus on Why Me.Thicke's album "Paula" is a major FLOP/FAIL. Thought using bis public dismissal of his girlfriend would make ppl buy the album, NOT! AND then only to find out he's an alcohólico who lied about wruting his biggest hit becuz he was too ashame to let "someone else take all the glory" .. how pathetic and childish of him. Are we in 1st grade? :blink: so you can have a couple of seats behind him in the delusional class you both signed up for.

:lmao:  :lmao:  :lmao:  THE ANGER IS REAL! How are you gonna "seat" anybody when you've been seated and strapped in for this whole thread? Like Eff said, What do these artists have to do with this topic? Oh wait they don't, you just get so deep in your feelings at the thought of someone not liking your fave you think it's some kind of legit tactic to change the subject & bring up other artists you don't like to set the score, yet not realizing by doing so your admitting weakness & defeat so strongly that you have to change the subject instead of sticking to it. You can't deal. Get a grip, you're looking desperate. If you can't handle the topic at hand don't comment cause you're only wasting space for a valid conversation that proteins to the topic. When you can comment like a big boy and not get your feelings hurt over people not liking your fave we'll entertain something you have to say. Until then remain seated & pressed & pissed, we don't care. :coffee:

Now back to the subject at hand

• Upvote 1

:lmao:  :lmao:  :lmao:  THE ANGER IS REAL! How are you gonna "seat" anybody when you've been seated and strapped in for this whole thread? Like Eff said, What do these artists have to do with this topic? Oh wait they don't, you just get so deep in your feelings at the thought of someone not liking your fave you think it's some kind of legit tactic to change the subject & bring up other artists you don't like to set the score, yet not realizing by doing so your admitting weakness & defeat so strongly that you have to change the subject instead of sticking to it. You can't, cause you can't deal. Get a grip, you're looking desperate. If you can't handle the topic at hand don't comment cause you're only wasting space for a valid conversation that proteins to the topic. When you can comment like a big boy and not get your feelings hurt over people not liking your fave we'll entertain something you have to say. Until then remain seated & pressed & pissed, we don't care. :coffee:

Now back to the subject at hand

Yeah I don't understanding the deflecting.

JT fans should be honest and say they are relieved that Justin dodged a bullet even if it meant having Janet take it for him. They rather not relive it because according to the general public, JT was virtually not there, therefore no risk of being called out for his involvement. 

Janet fans for the most part will have to relive it because now we look out of our minds wondering if she is considering releasing any music while she has disappeared of the face of the earth.

• Upvote 3

Yeah I don't understanding the deflecting.

JT fans should be honest and say they are relieved that Justin dodged a bullet even if it meant having Janet take it for him. They rather not relive it because according to the general public, JT was virtually not there, therefore no risk of being called out for his involvement. 

Janet fans for the most part will have to relive it because now we look out of our minds wondering if she is considering releasing any music while she has disappeared of the face of the earth.

Well it's quite simple really you see it's a mixture of anger & embarassment over what JT did, they can't excuse it, they KNOW it's fucked up, they KNOW it's horrible and shows off the true nature of his character and it's no excuse that they or he could make that can clear him. They can  boast about how his sales are about other artists, but the topic at hand is him & Janet and at the end of the day none of the other male artists they want to compare sales to him with have wronged Janet as strongly as him, and that'll always way heavier in this topic at hand, and it's hard for them to take that, along with the idea of people not liking him or his music before the SB, they love to throw around "you just don't like him cause of The Superbowl" but if you didn't like him before hand, it's a threat to some too sensitive. That's where the anger comes from. There's a few who are honest about that, and that's good to see, a few that can like him & his music but be honest about the role he played in the incident and then kicking her when she was down. Some mature enough to be OK with people having their own opinions about him without having a bitch fit and having to attempt to not turn the tables but dig up new tables to change the entire subject. Sadly tho those aren't the louder JT stans...here anyway :coffee:

LOL it's true, JT stans who arent fans of Janet have the luxary of "Oh that wasn't that big of a deal, he's fine, and did fine since then" but he only did fine since then because he trashed & left someone he claims to have cared about in the cold. We don't quite get the luxary of "that wasn't such a big deal", it's apart of our faves legacy in more of a way than it is for his.

• Upvote 2

LOL it's true, JT stans who arent fans of Janet have the luxary of "Oh that wasn't that big of a deal, he's fine, and did fine since then" but he only did fine since then because he trashed & left someone he claims to have cared about in the cold. We don't quite get the luxary of "that wasn't such a big deal", it's apart of our faves legacy in more of a way than it is for his.

That's the thing, the way JT fans here wants to bring that mentality on this board is really patronizing. They ignore that this board is devoted to Janet, who went through hell and back to see her fall off face of the earth. If you continue to like JT's music fine, but not all of us do (or ever did) and his actions during that time affected some of our respect towards him. It's really naive this think that there wouldn't be any animosity towards him here.

That's the thing, the way JT fans here wants to bring that mentality on this board is really patronizing. They ignore that this board is devoted to Janet, who went through hell and back to see her fall off face of the earth. If you continue to like JT's music fine, but not all of us do (or ever did) and his actions during that time affected some of our respect towards him. It's really naive this think that there wouldn't be any animosity towards him here.

EXACTLY, but that's all too much for some, if I weren't out of likes....lol. And Im not here for the "if she can forgive him, why can't we",because tho she's our favorite artist (most of us) , he opinion on things and matters don't have to be ours, theres Janet fans who FIRMLY believe that MJ was a molestor, and she sure as hell don't so should they just because she doesn't? People are going to have & form their own opinions about matters involving others, and our opinions will change when we need or want them too. As said earlier I don't hold what he did to her as strong against him as I did, but I can understand why lots of Janet fans do, we all have the rights to our opinions.

To be fair, we do have to let it go. Bitching it about won't change a thing. But it is a pin to the neck to be reminded of what happened and how badly it hurt Janet. If I don't have to hear about it again, I would be grateful. That' why I don't like when fans act like it's something to be proud of. I would trade the media phenomena it created for Janet being able to continue to strengthen her legacy. 

To be fair, we do have to let it go. Bitching it about won't change a thing. But it is a pin to the neck to be reminded of what happened and how badly it hurt Janet. If I don't have to hear about it again, I would be grateful. That' why I don't like when fans act like it's something to be proud of. I would trade the media phenomena it created for Janet being able to continue to strengthen her legacy. 

That is the other side of the spectrum, like you do have to move on at some point, and it's gotta be when the subject comes up, you can seperate how you felt when that ET interview was NEW from today, that did not happen for me overnight, but it happened. I understand how you feel about it being turned into a positive, that's a HUGE negative that had a hugely negative impact on her career and if I had to choose Youtube or the world knowing and seeing Janet as the legend she is, Janet OFCOURSE, but I do like to put a positive spin on things so it is pretty awesome that it changed the world and gave it youtube, 

• Upvote 1