The real story...

EphraimAdamz

More like he pratically shat on Janet and the mutual respect & friendship they had which only contributed to her backlash and showed what a shity douche person he is. See how that proteins to the topic at hand? :coffee:

We all would have done the same In that situation. No one is worth your dream career.

It wasn't his idea either way y'all look at it. It was Janet's camps' idea... JT could have stood by them but for what? To lose out on his dream? YOLO

All Janet had to do was nix the ending

That is the other side of the spectrum, like you do have to move on at some point, and it's gotta be when the subject comes up, you can seperate how you felt when that ET interview was NEW from today, that did not happen for me overnight, but it happened. I understand how you feel about it being turned into a positive, that's a HUGE negative that had a hugely negative impact on her career and if I had to choose Youtube or the world knowing and seeing Janet as the legend she is, Janet OFCOURSE, but I do like to put a positive spin on things so it is pretty awesome that it changed the world and gave it youtube,

That's what y'all should be focusing on.. This woman changed the world of "live" television... She changed Billboard's rules and influenced the creation of two new billion dollar empires (YouTube and VEVO). Janet should have handled it better by flicking off the world but she didn't. Her legacy is bruised yet still trucking on

That's what y'all should be focusing on.. This woman changed the world of "live" television... She changed Billboard's rules and influenced the creation of two new billion dollar empires (YouTube and VEVO). Janet should have handled it better by flicking off the world but she didn't. Her legacy is bruised yet still trucking on

But how exactly is it still trucking on though? She hasn't really done anything public since 2011. Also, don't believe for a second that she would get any accolades for it. I don't see the point of having any pride in it. But that's just individual priorities.

But as long as your favorite has his career, what does it matter to you...

We all would have done the same In that situation. No one is worth your dream career.

It wasn't his idea either way y'all look at it. It was Janet's camps' idea... JT could have stood by them but for what? To lose out on his dream? YOLO

All Janet had to do was nix the ending

I can't agree, and I've given this thought, In my heart of hearts I think if it were me, it's 1 thing to not come to her defense like he did, but taking it to a MUCH lower level that I wouldn't even fathom because I love & respect her and in that time was a friend which was that ET interview, nu-uh, NEVER, I couldn't do that to her, and hey maybe that was his managements or labels idea, idk, but that was the worst thing he could've done, he would've been better for not saying ANYTHING and just letting her take it all, instead of actually coming out against her. I think that sticks out in more Janfans minds more than him not getting any blame. He didn't have to stand up with her, but he didn't have to stand up against her either.

The thing that makes that hard tho is WE know this, we diehard online fans know this, but they don't make this shit public knowledge, and that's annoying as hell, Like I highly doubt the average person knows this. I do too wish at some point she did just own it, and instead of with the Oprah interview never talking about it again, kinda just going full "feminist" over how she was treated, but I can see she was just over it and over talking about it & speaking about it, I can respect that too, but in a dreamworld I would've loved to see if she flipped it, and went on about the outrage it caused and that she received over him.

But how exactly is it still trucking on though? She hasn't really done anything public since 2011. Also, don't believe for a second that she would get any accolades for it. I don't see the point of having any pride in it. But that's just individual priorities.

But as long as your favorite has his career, what does it matter to you...

Blackgama, GLAAD

Her career may have stopped musically but her legacy is trucking on

Blackgama, GLAAD

Her career may have stopped musically but her legacy is trucking on

That Blackgama was pretty divisive, but whatever.

IDK, if she can comeback and have a relatively successful project or the RnR HOF recognizes her, there might be some closure. But for now, the closure is not there.

That Blackgama was pretty divisive, but whatever.

IDK, if she can comeback and have a relatively successful project or the RnR HOF recognizes her, there might be some closure. But for now, the closure is not there.

No one cared about fur except the retards who would rather save fur than end famine

The Rock n Roll HOF isn't that serious to me.. It's similar to a Grammy now a days

Closure will be there when it's her time to headline heaven -_- and hell :shifty:

I can't agree, and I've given this thought, In my heart of hearts I think if it were me, it's 1 thing to not come to her defense like he did, but taking it to a MUCH lower level that I wouldn't even fathom because I love & respect her and in that time was a friend which was that ET interview, nu-uh, NEVER, I couldn't do that to her, and hey maybe that was his managements or labels idea, idk, but that was the worst thing he could've done, he would've been better for not saying ANYTHING and just letting her take it all, instead of actually coming out against her. I think that sticks out in more Janfans minds more than him not getting any blame. He didn't have to stand up with her, but he didn't have to stand up against her either.

The thing that makes that hard tho is WE know this, we diehard online fans know this, but they don't make this shit public knowledge, and that's annoying as hell, Like I highly doubt the average person knows this. I do too wish at some point she did just own it, and instead of with the Oprah interview never talking about it again, kinda just going full "feminist" over how she was treated, but I can see she was just over it and over talking about it & speaking about it, I can respect that too, but in a dreamworld I would've loved to see if she flipped it, and went on about the outrage it caused and that she received over him.

It would be incredibly selfish for (lets say "me") to want you to go down in my sinking ship with me after I hit an iceberg since it was my idea to drive towards that iceberg and then gave you the wheel last minute

His PR management was dead on for what they told him to do

No I don't think she should have blown up over JT.. The media would have labeled her worse than what she was labeled. Janet should have never apologized, she should went on every talk show and say "it was an unplanned accident and I'm not apologizing"

No one cared about fur except the retards who would rather save fur than end famine

The Rock n Roll HOF isn't that serious to me.. It's similar to a Grammy now a days

Closure will be there when it's her time to headline heaven -_- and hell :shifty:

I think that campaign caused the demise of the Xone that's what I was talking about.

It would be incredibly selfish for (lets say "me") to want you to go down in my sinking ship with me after I hit an iceberg since it was my idea to drive towards that iceberg and then gave you the wheel last minute

No I don't think she should have blown up over JT.. The media would have labeled her worse than what she was labeled. Janet should have never apologized, she should went on every talk show and say "it was an unplanned accident and I'm not apologizing"

I'll agree with this. Janet made the mistake of committing to the "say as little to nothing as possible and hopefully people will move on," approach when it clearly wasn't working. I understand that she didn't want to live through it, but that was probably better than that approach and I think people would have respected her more and shook off the backlash. Being passive probably made her as much of a sitting duck as JT's actions and lack thereof.

BUT I can jump ship, and look bad for doing so, but I don't have to purposely help your ship sinking even faster tho is all Im saying. 

I strongly disagree, the way I see it, he already was gonna get away  clear of any conviction, but he just guranteed it by slamming her, right for his career ahead but wrong for the person, it didn't have to be that way, I guess they just wanted a guarantee

That was only 1 aspect, like Im not saying she should've created a public fued over Justin, but more so used all the criticism to speak out about how she was being treated, but then that would've/could've gotten people jumping on her and going on about the angry black women stereotype or worst the victim crying about how mean the world was to her....so it's interesting, BUT I too very much agree that the apology should NEVER have happened in any way, but especially that video. 

I think that campaign caused the demise of the Xone that's what I was talking about.

I'll agree with this. Janet made the mistake of committing to the "say as little to nothing as possible and hopefully people will move on," approach when it clearly wasn't working. I understand that she didn't want to live through it, but that was probably better than that approach and I think people would have respected her more and shook off the backlash. Being passive probably made her as much of a sitting duck as JT's actions and lack thereof.

img]fljy82.jpg

Janet should have laid low.. i know it would have been hard for the Damita Jo era.. But still.. We can go back and forth about whose idea it was and what should have done (I'm sure we all have those moments in our own personal life) I think the first step as Janet fans is to stop bringing it up.

BUT I can jump ship, and look bad for doing so, but I don't have to purposely help your ship sinking even faster tho is all Im saying.

I strongly disagree, the way I see it, he already was gonna get away clear of any conviction, but he just guranteed it by slamming her, right for his career ahead but wrong for the person, it didn't have to be that way, I guess they just wanted a guarantee

That was only 1 aspect, like Im not saying she should've created a public fued over Justin, but more so used all the criticism to speak out about how she was being treated, but then that would've/could've gotten people jumping on her and going on about the angry black women stereotype or worst the victim crying about how mean the world was to her....so it's interesting, BUT I too very much agree that the apology should NEVER have happened in any way, but especially that video.

Justin was 20-21 at the time. He knew that would change history and went hysterical. He's a changed man and the President of the Pop Music now. We all moved on

She's mentioned that she didn't (or doesn't) speak to Justin Timberlake but I'm sure she forgave him (since she allowed him to use her song, beautifully I may add, on his very successful tour).

Justin was 20-21 at the time. He knew that would change history and went hysterical. He's a changed man and the President of the Pop Music now. We all moved on

She's mentioned that she didn't (or doesn't) speak to Justin Timberlake but I'm sure she forgave him (since she allowed him to use her song, beautifully I may add, on his very successful tour).

You tried it with most of that :umm:

I don't think we quite have an answer to whether or not she forgave him since you don't need permission to cover a song, you just need to pay the songwriters. She very well could've but eh that's neither here or there for me, a artist I don't like came out against my fave, any forgiving I had to give him had to come in my own time an my own way, and it did with SNL....the boys funny....I'll give him THAT. And you tried it again "Beautifully"  :lmao:

You tried it with most of that :umm:

I don't think we quite have an answer to whether or not she forgave him since you don't need permission to cover a song, you just need to pay the songwriters. She very well could've but eh that's neither here or there for me, a artist I don't like came out against my fave, any forgiving I had to give him had to come in my own time an my own way, and it did with SNL....the boys funny....I'll give him THAT. And you tried it again "Beautifully" :lmao:

:rolleyes:

15 seconds of rainbows and unicorns biatch :coffee::lol:

• Upvote 1

i5A2wqTfQySmW.gif

• Upvote 2