I saw and met Usher

bu.

Ticket sales for Usher’s latest tour are weak

455775918.jpg?w=720&h=480&crop=1

Despite Usher being a judge on “The Voice,” ticket sales for his world tour, “The UR Experience,” have been lackluster.

Music insiders tell us that most venues on the 27-city tour have been selling only a fraction of the available seats.

They estimate sales are so soft that promoter Live Nation may lose $5 million on the project.

“Usher’s sales will be fine in New York, Los Angeles, Chicago and Toronto, but he’s selling so badly in other markets that the good ones can’t offset the bad ones,” said one source.

One reason might be the lack of a strong opening act — August Alsina was to open, but recently collapsed during a performance and was hospitalized for a week.

DJ Cassidy is also on the tour roster.

Usher has also reportedly pushed back the release of his eighth album, “UR,” to next year. (It had been slated for this fall.)

The “UR Experience” kicks off in Quebec on Nov. 1 and ends in Tampa, Fla., on Dec. 14.

Reps for Live Nation and Usher didn’ t get back to us.

http://pagesix.com/2014/09/28/ticket-sales-for-ushers-latest-tour-are-weak/

=========================================

Firstly, Page Six isn't reliable imo and no one else is reporting it..

Secondly - it's slightly believable since his last tour was cancelled (apparently due to The Voice).

Thirdly, with no hit single and the album not coming out any time soon I wouldn't be surprised.

Fourthly - not him calling it "The UR Experience" whilst the 20/20 Experience World Tour is still happening.

But I would have thought he'd sell out some dates. There doesn't seem to be a single sell out (not that I can see anyway) and it starts in almost a months time. I didn't even know he was touring until I saw an email announcing European dates. I would have thought that even though he can't sell music any more, he could at least tour since he has some great past material.

Wait, so he pushed his album back til next year but goin on Tour for this Project at the end of the yr? Usher, you are not Beyoncé. You cant Tour first and then put an album out later.. dafuk is wrong with these artists? They are delusional on what their position is in this game today. Juss push the damn Tour back if u aint releasing this yr

He needs to pull a page out of his own book and do a 8701, most people forget that album had major pushbacks and started off with flop singles (can't remember if it were 1 or 2) and he had to restart. So push back that date, call these flops buzz singles and move your tour back,  cause he has the catalog of hits to tour for a while, but he can't be expecting sellouts without at least 1 major current hit.

Wait, so he pushed his album back til next year but goin on Tour for this Project at the end of the yr? Usher, you are not Beyoncé. You cant Tour first and then put an album out later.. dafuk is wrong with these artists? They are delusional on what their position is in this game today. Juss push the damn Tour back if u aint releasing this yr

They? Usher is delusional 

Hmmm.... Well he still has a month before the tour even starts so we'll have to wait n see really.

According to Usher though this isn't a Pop music tour for him. He plans on having a band, and playing the drums and keyboards himself and stuff. No one wants to see that. People want to watch him dance. That's why I'm not too pressed for this tour. The OMG tour was hot, but I'm not here for intimate/jazz band Usher sitting on a stool.

• Upvote 1

and he needs to keep pushing it back until he at least has a top 10 cause the shit he's been releasing just ain't gon get it

I was contemplating going but I don't think he's that good of a performer live. I like his catalog though.

Oh he's definitely good live

• Upvote 2

Hmmm.... Well he still has a month before the tour even starts so we'll have to wait n see really.

According to Usher though this isn't a Pop music tour for him. He plans on having a band, and playing the drums and keyboards himself and stuff. No one wants to see that. People want to watch him dance. That's why I'm not too pressed for this tour. The OMG tour was hot, but I'm not here for intimate/jazz band Usher sitting on a stool.

Woooa, that's way cool, that sounds like a Usher show I'd be here for more than when he dances.

Thats what the show is gonna be like this time around? Shit, I Would Want To See It!! Im here for shows like that, when ppl switch it up and do something different. It actually makes me wanna go see him for the first time,Ever. I seem to be in the minority for liking this "era" so far. The energy is so different than his usual and thats whats attracting me. Im looking fotward to the album...

Woooa, that's way cool, that sounds like a Usher show I'd be here for more than when he dances.

Thats what the show is gonna be like this time around? Shit, I Would Want To See It!! Im here for shows like that, when ppl switch it up and do something different. It actually makes me wanna go see him for the first time,Ever. I seem to be in the minority for liking this "era" so far. The energy is so different than his usual and thats whats attracting me. Im looking fotward to the album...

So if Janet stripped the choreography part of her show you think she would sell as many tickets? :umm:

Maybe when her or usher are older but not now, I need my dancing

• Upvote 1

If this is the move he's making I think it's a good idea to do this type of show, show off more of his artistry (I need his music to follow suit tho) but it's a great way to give the fans of his voice & artistry (myself) more than his dancing (tho it slays, but his live vocals arent the best), this is something GREAT for the fans and critics to swoon over, so Im for it, and will maybe consider checking it out myself.

So if Janet stripped the choreography part of her show you think she would sell as many tickets? :umm:

There is nothing wrong with doing.something different...and giving ppl.something "fresh" ... Since when is that a bad thing :blink: and yes, if Janet did a more stripped down show....I would be there. Im one who enjoys "change".. Im not like alot of yall who wants to.see the same ol same ol over and over again.... Which is why you wouldnt catch me at a Beyoncé show unless someone had a gun at my side

But people wouldn't know all that until the show started. Not everyone is informed of what the tour is going to be like...your average GP member would just know it's Usher / Janet or whoever and would expect the Usher / Janet they know, wouldn't they?

I doubt ppl even knew this was gonna be a more "stripped down" Usher show, so that supposedly playing a factor into why the tickets arent selling... I aint buying it. Ppl juss aint interested cuz this era hasnt made much noise...and/or the promotion fot his Tour has been Shitty. I wasnt even aware he was touring anf apparently alot of other ppl. Reminds me of how the ROCKwU TOUR...shit was not promoted and ppl didnt even know she was touring . A mess

• Upvote 1