I saw and met Usher

bu.

Beyonce can/could tour, but she had to pull a stunt to get the album to sell. You forget songs were leaking/she was performing them on tour and no one outside the stans were checking for them.

Unfortunately, the "Surprise" album tactic is off the table. He just needs one single to hit decently and he'll start filling seats.

I know Beyonce pulled a stunt and did all that strategic build up so her album could sell but she proved that it WORKED! Which is why I said Usher is no Beyonce. He can't pull off what she did...not in a billion yrs.

Within the past 4 years Usher has had a 2x platinum selling album, 2 Grammy's, the 7th highest grossing tour, performed the superbowl, made bank off Justin Bieber, and judged The Voice twice.... yes, poor Usher :rolleyes: #TheStruggle

Wrong. His last multi-platinum album was Confessions. Why do you keep saying that? The 7th highest grossign tour is Bon Jovi. Usher isn't even in the top 20 of highest grossing tours. 

I'm not shading her :umm:

She's the Queen of Hip Hop ^_^

Now you're just doing too much, Rochester.  :umm:

I know Beyonce pulled a stunt and did all that strategic build up so her album could sell but she proved that it WORKED! Which is why I said Usher is no Beyonce. He can't pull off what she did...not in a billion yrs.

If he had pulled the stunt first it would've worked, and that's the point. lol

• Upvote 1

Beyonce can/could tour, but she had to pull a stunt to get the album to sell. You forget songs were leaking/she was performing them on tour and no one outside the stans were checking for them. 

Unfortunately, the "Surprise" album tactic is off the table. He just needs one single to hit decently and he'll start filling seats. 

And let's not act like Thief-once's album sold so many copies. It's only 3 million worldwide. Europe and the other countries ain't checkin' for that surprise album :filenails:

• Upvote 1

Wrong. His last multi-platinum album was Confessions. Why do you keep saying that? The 7th highest grossign tour is Bon Jovi. Usher isn't even in the top 20 of highest grossing tours. 

:blink: I'm a fan I know the receipts

USHER:

Here I Stand - 5 mIllion

Raymond vs Raymond - 2 Million

Looking 4 Myself - 500,000

tumblr_ly89tyzTsj1r9zd31o1_500.jpg

And OMG was in fact the 7th highest grossing tour that year. Why would I be talking about of all time? Come on now  :wtf:

http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/42159/top-25-tours-of-2011

Total Gross: $74,954,681 Number of Shows: 73

Total Attendance: 922,327 Number of Sell-Outs: 58

I don't have to lie to boost my favorites

usher-o.gif GIFSoup

:blink: I'm a fan I know the receipts

USHER:

Here I Stand - 5 mIllion

Raymond vs Raymond - 2 Million

Looking 4 Myself - 500,000

tumblr_ly89tyzTsj1r9zd31o1_500.jpg

And OMG was in fact the 7th highest grossing tour that year. Why would I be talking about of all time? Come on now  :wtf:

http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/42159/top-25-tours-of-2011

Total Gross: $74,954,681 Number of Shows: 73

Total Attendance: 922,327 Number of Sell-Outs: 58

I don't have to lie to boost my favorites

usher-o.gif GIFSoup

Those are worldwide sales :umm:. As far as I know you don't get certified for worldwide sales. If you do then Beyonce has a Diamond album :umm:

RIAA's website shows his last album that was certified platinum was Raymond vs Raymond. Here I Stand is also platinum. His last multi-platinum album is Confessions

http://www.riaa.com/goldandplatinumdata.php?table=SEARCH

RIAA >>> you.

You didn't say that year...you said "7th highest grossing tour" period which a regular person would take as you're saying of all time.

And let's not act like Thief-once's album sold so many copies. It's only 3 million worldwide. Europe and the other countries ain't checkin' for that surprise album :filenails:

Who else is doing that today tho?

Adele? who else? ._.

You are delusional af if you don't recognize the impact of that album, sales or not.

The fact that we are still referencing it a year later... mind you with no hit singles on radio at that. Who is still discussing Prism? Artpop? Miley's album? 

Those are worldwide sales :umm:. As far as I know you don't get certified for worldwide sales. If you do then Beyonce has a Diamond album :umm:

RIAA's website shows his last album that was certified platinum was Raymond vs Raymond. Here I Stand is also platinum. His last multi-platinum album is Confessions

http://www.riaa.com/goldandplatinumdata.php?table=SEARCH

RIAA >>> you.

You didn't say that year...you said "7th highest grossing tour" period which a regular person would take as you're saying of all time.

That's fine I concede -_-

Let's just remember that they didn't flop :yep::coffee:

And I'll give Beyonce a Diamond album by that rule if you allow Confessions 30x Diamond status :yahoo:

That's fine I concede -_-

Let's just remember that they didn't flop :yep::coffee:

As you should :filenails:

Didn't flop but it is a major step-down from that diamond album. I wonder how Adele will fare

Anyway my friend got tickets to see him :filenails:. I hope he does Nice & Slow.

Who else is doing that today tho?

Adele? who else? ._.

You are delusional af if you don't recognize the impact of that album, sales or not.

The fact that we are still referencing it a year later... mind you with no hit singles on radio at that. Who is still discussing Prism? Artpop? Miley's album? 

Plenty of people are selling 3 million worldwide lol. Rihanna, Drake, Nicki Minaj, Lady Gaga, Taylor Swift 6 million worldwide with last album in 2012. Nobody's discussing Beyonce's album anymore either. Hell the "Frozen" soundtrack is at 3 million in the US alone. Should I stop or keep going?

If he had pulled the stunt first it would've worked, and that's the point. lol

:mellow::blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: what decade are you living in? This is 2014 not 2004 .. that's the LAST time the public was foaming at the mouth for him.. there is NO WAY IN HELL he could have pulled off a "suprise" album and would have sold .. he is NOT Beyonce , not even close

Plenty of people are selling 3 million worldwide lol. Rihanna, Drake, Nicki Minaj, Lady Gaga, Taylor Swift 6 million worldwide with last album in 2012. Nobody's discussing Beyonce's album anymore either. Hell the "Frozen" soundtrack is at 3 million in the US alone. Should I stop or keep going?

fffff

nah I got all the logic i needed from you in one post.

Keep the rest sis. 

2qd535c.jpg

:mellow::blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: what decade are you living in? This is 2014 not 2004 .. that's the LAST time the public was foaming at the mouth for him.. there is NO WAY IN HELL he could have pulled off a "suprise" album and would have sold .. he is NOT Beyonce , not even close

People were anticipating Here I Stand, it's just the album was a let down -_-

People were anticipating Here I Stand, it's just the album was a let down -_-

Aint that the muthafuckin truth. I was excited as all hell about Love In this club but then I HEARD IT............and then Moving Mountains didn't move shit for me. Best song on that album is Here I stand. I think that wait and then outome was his downfall, it would've been a smarter move to come back in 06 imo.