The Aretha Franklin Cover Album Thread: Gloria Gaynor/Destiny's Child cover

bu.

My thoughts exactly.

Yea at this point in her career it pisses me off she doesn't stick to strictly Gospel & Jazz & Blues, what her voice today is meant for, she keeps trying to kick it with the current girls, she da queen, sit down, go back to writting your shit, and doing your own thing.

:unsure:

Bitch, she wrote Think, Spirit In The Dark, Rock Steady, & Daydreaming, some of my fave shit from her lol, she can pick up a pin & go to work when she wants, BUT her sister did write more of her stuff.

The Adele version is inspired by singers like Aretha anyways so I'll take it

Basically, BUT Aele's version (and vocal) is based off of what Aretha's voice WAS when she KILLED everybody in the industry's vocals, nowww ehhh, smoking & drinking just aren't good for the voices ya know....

Bitch, she wrote Think, Spirit In The Dark, Rock Steady, & Daydreaming, some of my fave shit from her lol, she can pick up a pin & go to work when she wants, BUT her sister did write more of her stuff.

Basically, BUT Aele's version (and vocal) is based off of what Aretha's voice WAS when she KILLED everybody in the industry's vocals, nowww ehhh, smoking & drinking just aren't good for the voices ya know....

I know but it's cool that her sister wrote most of her stuff. No disrespect there

Ehh Adele's voice is Adele's voice.. And Aretha is Aretha. I don't think we should compare and I think it would be easier to compare Their voices if Adele covered one of Aretha's songs

• Upvote 1

except Patti's :)

proof?

Aretha- 

http://www.divadevotee.com/2009/07/aretha-franklin-vocal-profile.html

Patti- 

http://www.divadevotee.com/2010/12/patti-labelle-vocal-profile-range.html

Patti can go higher, always could (not by a ton, but still), but Retha can go SOOOO much lower & sooo much deeper with her low notes, and as pointed out in the Divadevotee, Patti's low notes aren't anything special basically, but Aretha's are amazing (she still owns those, her voice today is best in it's lower register). Most who compare the 2 and pay close enough attention & are fans of both point that out, just like we who love them both all know Retha's voice got weaker over the years and Patti's got stronger, but note, in the 60's when they were both on the scene & new, Retha was MILES better than her (Unless Patti just didn't show it enough or on the right songs, and Retha just had more chances to).

I JUST WATCHED THAT VIDEO! CISSY WAS THE BEST PART LOFL!!! She lookin like "This the same bitch I sang background for in Aint No Way in 68?" 

She's already in the top 20 of pre-sales lol, the song's got extreme reviews (people are HATING it & people are LOVING it) but that shit's selling, Queent.