We Dodged a Bullet

Utopia

I don't hate Miss Perry but I'm shocked she was even considered.

EDIT: OMFG that gif

She is a an AWFUL performer. It would be a MESS of epic proportions :lol:

They were talking about Rihanna doing it with her BUT Rihanna isn't a strong performer either soo... 

Welp. Y'all celebrated too soon.

Katy Perry will perform at this year's Super Bowl halftime show, sources have confirmed with Billboard.

Perry's performance has been speculated since August after the National Football League had reportedly shortlisted her along with Coldplay and Rihanna, who saw the use of her song "Run This Town" with Jay-Z axed in a segment during the wake of the Ray Rice scandal.

Super Bowl Halftime Pay-to-Play Reports: Grammys Producer Ken Ehrlich Weighs In

The news of those three contenders also came with word the league was asking those artists under consideration to pay to play, since last year's broadcast drew a record-setting 111.5 million viewers and previous performers have all seen significant boosts in sales, touring and public profile.

In response, appearing on ESPN's College Game Day this past Saturday, Perry said, "I'm not the kind of girl who would pay to play the Super Bowl."

With previous speculation, Billboard reported a number of good reasons for Perry to play the big stage, including her current hits, her (mostly) family-friendly catalog, and her international popularity (her 58.1 million Twitter followers make her the most popular presence on the social site).

The NFL has declined to comment.

• Upvote 1

:lmao:  :lmao:  :lmao:  :lmao:  THIS THREAD THO

:lmao:  :lmao:  :lmao:  :lmao: AT her doing it

:lmao:  :lmao:  :lmao:  :lmao: AT THE WORRY OF BRUNO DOING IT THIS YEAR IN CONTRAST (but that was before I was a legit stan of his & sees & understand his slayage, which had alot to do with that performance tho..) :asham:

Who's 2016? Taylor? :lmao:  :lmao:  :lmao:  :lmao: