Former actress Countess Vaughn warns women about the dangers of wearing lace front wigs

bu.

Is it a real danger or did she just use cheap products :unsure:? I know Naomi suffered a reduced hairline but I just assumed that's because they can be heavy and pull the hairline back?

Hopefully Jarryl sees this and comments because I have very little idea. He's the hair guy around here. :lol:

• Upvote 2

FMIveBeenSummoned-vi.gif

I's here! OK the problem Countess suffered wasn't about cheapness, it was lazyness, she would go to sleep with her wigs still glued onto her scalp, if your going to use glue on your lace front on, it's supposed to be on only for a matter of hours, then you remove it. Not to mention most people don't glue down their wigs anymore because that's just a whole hastle to keep up with and clipping & pinning it in is just easyier for removal and has little to no drama for the hair & scalp underneath. So I find the whole thing Countess is doing/did with her warnings is most of the world of wig wearers and people who know hair already knew not to do what she did lol

• Upvote 6

FMIveBeenSummoned-vi.gif

I's here! OK the problem Countess suffered wasn't about cheapness, it was lazyness, she would go to sleep with her wigs still glued onto her scalp, if your going to use glue on your lace front on, it's supposed to be on only for a matter of hours, then you remove it. Not to mention most people don't glue down their wigs anymore because that's just a whole hastle to keep up with and clipping & pinning it in is just easyier for removal and has little to no drama for the hair & scalp underneath. So I find the whole thing Countess is doing/did with her warnings is most of the world of wig wearers and people who know hair already knew not to do what she did lol

Jarryl? That gif, It was too much :umm::lmao:

• Upvote 1

FMIveBeenSummoned-vi.gif

well will her edges ever grow back? I take it as a no cause I know when people get their scalp burned and lose hair from perms it doesn't grow back. Can she do something like those men do for hair loss and get something where it grows back with medical procedures

well will her edges ever grow back? I take it as a no cause I know when people get their scalp burned and lose hair from perms it doesn't grow back. Can she do something like those men do for hair loss and get something where it grows back with medical procedures

Depends on how she's taking care of her entire scalp see the scalp is a muscle and is pretty sensitive to trauma, and for true scalp/hair repair it'd need a level of attention, treatment, products & discipline that alot of folks aren't likely willing to dedicate, like it can be done, but not over night, Im talkin yearS of treating your scalp, with the right products and the right regimen. As for the precedures "Bosley" & stuff like that, I've heard/read conflicting stories about that, that sometimes, that's a temproary fix, that after they move the strips of scalp from the back to the front that it'll look great for a hot minute (a few months to a year some said) but then after a while it starts following it's old pattern & falling out again, so I don't quite recommend that for everyone, but everyones scalp like everyones body is their own, you never know.

Depends on how she's taking care of her entire scalp see the scalp is a muscle and is pretty sensitive to trauma, and for true scalp/hair repair it'd need a level of attention, treatment, products & discipline that alot of folks aren't likely willing to dedicate, like it can be done, but not over night, Im talkin yearS of treating your scalp, with the right products and the right regimen. As for the precedures "Bosley" & stuff like that, I've heard/read conflicting stories about that, that sometimes, that's a temproary fix, that after they move the strips of scalp from the back to the front that it'll look great for a hot minute (a few months to a year some said) but then after a while it starts following it's old pattern & falling out again, so I don't quite recommend that for everyone, but everyones scalp like everyones body is their own, you never know.

oh wow that seems painful? Moving strips, wouldn't that cause baldness on the parts they moved it from or no? I'm guessing the price is like around $2000 for stuff like Bosley and for women probably higher

oh wow that seems painful? Moving strips, wouldn't that cause baldness on the parts they moved it from or no? I'm guessing the price is like around $2000 for stuff like Bosley and for women probably higher

Well it's a surgical procedure so you wouldn't feel it really (except the healing for which they probably prescribe pain killers). Yea the way the commercials advertise the whole self transplant thing is only half true, what's true is it is better to transplant hair from the nape/back/kitchen of the head because it does in fact grow the fastest of all areas of the scalp, BUT what they don't tell in the commercials that is very accurate with ever case, the area/strip on the back they cut the piece from never grows hair back in that spot, it's forever a scar (because of the stitches etc). Yea that sounds about right in general, I think they charge more for a more detailed finish (that might not be Bosley tho)