So..basically..

janetDAYZ

I'm not following what this discussion is about.  Michael and Janet never created dance.  They created a template that others were forced to follow.  That's why they are always cited as being the best entertainers EVER.  It's not their fault that their influence and impact will forever live on from the trail they blazed.

But objectively speaking, I can see that for most female dancers, they are directly or indirectly influenced by Janet.  Ciara is more street.  Mya is versatile. J. LO is damn near great as a dancer.  Britney is a clone(but doesn't have the natural gift of dance like Janet), etc.

And for males, it's damn near the same thing with Michael.

50287663.jpg

I'm not following what this discussion is about. Michael and Janet never created dance. They created a template that others were forced to follow. That's why they are always cited as being the best entertainers EVER. It's not their fault that their influence and impact will forever live on from the trail they blazed.

But objectively speaking, I can see that for most female dancers, they are directly or indirectly influenced by Janet. Ciara is more street. Mya is versatile. J. LO is damn near great as a dancer. Britney is a clone(but doesn't have the natural gift of dance like Janet), etc.

And for males, it's damn near the same thing with Michael.

How could you possibly know all this? You're not even a dancer.

• Upvote 5

Being a clone and being influenced and/or the inspired are two different things. And we can save the predictable sarcasm, I was speaking from MY point of view and why I see it differently. There is NOTHING wrong with how I presented my opinions/views. It's a discussion. If you feel everyone is clones, Fine. I will have my opinion. You gave yours. The End.

She was considered the "ultimate vocalist" but it takes more than vocals to move me.. I put Mariah above Whitney simply bc Mariah is a true artist and Whitney was a tool in the music industry.

I know you're gonna disagree or say something about "I asked you about vocals not artistry" but it's not JUST about vocals

you don't know any better.  :wink:

Being a clone and being influenced and/or the inspired are two different things

Well in my post, I addressed, objectively, said artists that are "inspired" or "influenced" by MJ & Janet.  I only said Britney is a clone of Janet with far less understanding of her talent as a dancer.

If you're saying that other artists aren't directly influenced by MJ or JJ because of their "different" dance styles then so be it.

tumblr_n5i2xtLulN1rveoj6o2_250_zpsbef351

There is NOTHING wrong with how I presented my opinions/views.

Well that is debatable as other members pointed out what was the point of this thread.

• Upvote 4

Being a clone and being influenced and/or the inspired are two different things. And we can save the predictable sarcasm, I was speaking from MY point of view and why I see it differently. There is NOTHING wrong with how I presented my opinions/views. It's a discussion. If you feel everyone is clones, Fine. I will have my opinion. You gave yours. The End.

If this were a discussion members would be free to participate without you rolling your eyes and dismissing their interpretation. You weren't simply speaking from your point of view as a dancer, you wrote off everybody else's opinion because they weren't a dancer.

pretentious

adjective

attempting to impress by affecting greater importance or merit than is actually possessed.

• Upvote 3

So basically this thread is pointless

Well in my post, I addressed, objectively, said artists that are "inspired" or "influenced" by MJ & Janet.  I only said Britney is a clone of Janet with far less understanding of her talent as a dancer.

If you're saying that other artists aren't directly influenced by MJ or JJ because of their "different" dance styles then so be it.

tumblr_n5i2xtLulN1rveoj6o2_250_zpsbef351

Well that is debatable as other members pointed out what was the point of this thread.

If this were a discussion members would be free to participate without you rolling your eyes and dismissing their interpretation. You weren't simply speaking from your point of view as a dancer, you wrote off everybody else's opinion because they weren't a dancer.

pretentious

adjective

attempting to impress by affecting greater importance or merit than is actually possessed.

ReadHunny.gif

Basically, because it's no discussion if 1 side isn't even listening to the other, it's a 1 sided opinion that wants to be shared (and agreed with). If not 1 other person is not seeing this as a "discussion" it's not 1, and it never was. If you aren't takin anyones opinion that isn't yours serious on the matter don't bother asking for other opinions. 

giphy.gif

• Upvote 3