How much money do YOU want to earn?

Bailey

:lol: I know. I've got another 4-5 years' worth of school to earn the degrees that I hope'll get me there. -_-

Well you're on your way ^_^ Ideally I would like to become a creative director one day, and that salary would coincide with that professional goal so -_-

But my plan b is to marry rich :shifty:

• Upvote 1

Well you're on your way ^_^ Ideally I would like to become a creative director one day, and that salary would coincide with that professional goal so -_-

But my plan b is to marry rich :shifty:

I hope that works out for you. I imagine it will. ^_^ I'm headed to law school after undergrad. It's a pretty versatile degree and most career options put me where I want to be. I didn't intend to rhyme with that. :asham:

You are something else. :lol:

I look at it as how much money do I need to live a certain lifestyle?

Vacations?

House? Location?

Car(s)?

Savings toward retirement

Dining Out

I would imagine a comfortable lifestyle for a person of one, depending on the debt they incurred for education would be around 100k a year and you could live very well

oh I like this calculator :wub:

http://www.learnvest.com/knowledge-center/m-a-s-h-calculator-how-much-will-my-lifestyle-cost/

• YOUR LIFE WILL COST:
    $6,623,333
    YOUR AVERAGE ANNUAL HOUSEHOLD INCOME WILL NEED TO BE:
    $165,583
  • Dreaming the American Dream

While you won't live a lavish life of excess, you do plan on spending more in your lifetime than the average American. Create a financial plan so you can have the lifestyle you want while saving and investing for your larger expenses and retirement. This means boosting your income and cutting unnecessary spending so you have more room for the things that are important to you. These tips will help keep you living the good life!

A 2010 study from Princeton University's Woodrow Wilson School found that, up to $75,000, each boost in income increased participants' happiness. But after that, bringing home more income ceased to matter in their overall life satisfaction. So it seems the sweet spot is somewhere between $50,000 and $75,000.

I want the sweet spot

Using Bailey's calculator...If I sacrifice an ideal retirement I'm looking at this. 

YOUR LIFE WILL COST:

$2,002,000

$50,050

If I don't then I'm looking at this...

YOUR LIFE WILL COST:

$6,972,000

$174,300

This is also implying that I stay in the US.

Your Life Will Cost...

• YOUR LIFE WILL COST:
    $2,672,000
    $66,800
You're a Lean, Mean Budget Machine

You don't need material things to keep you happy. Just make sure that even though you're on a bare-bones budget you have some savings tucked away for unexpected expenses and retirement. If you make as little as you plan to spend, you may need that cushion. And be sure to take time to enjoy some of what you earn. Life shouldn't be all work and no play!

This sounds about right, but eh I found the calculator good but not percise enough, but what can I say Im going for a career in the arts so that's all kinds of unpredictable, but luckily Im on a really good track for the short amount of time I've dedicated my full concentration on this.

But yea a real goal Im going for that I want in life is my dream house, in a great neighborhood, and I can have a normal car, get the furniture from Art Van or thrift stores LOL, but I want my dream house and I hate moving so even if I start out with a flat on alot of acres, the more money I get I'd add on lol. 

Your Life Will Cost...

YOUR LIFE WILL COST:

$5,975,000

$149,375

Dreaming the American Dream

While you won't live a lavish life of excess, you do plan on spending more in your lifetime than the average American. Create a financial plan so you can have the lifestyle you want while saving and investing for your larger expenses and retirement. This means boosting your income and cutting unnecessary spending so you have more room for the things that are important to you. These tips will help keep you living the good life!

Your Life Will Cost...

YOUR LIFE WILL COST:

$1,715,000

$42,875

You're a Lean, Mean Budget Machine

You don't need material things to keep you happy. Just make sure that even though you're on a bare-bones budget you have some savings tucked away for unexpected expenses and retirement. If you make as little as you plan to spend, you may need that cushion. And be sure to take time to enjoy some of what you earn. Life shouldn't be all work and no play!

------

Of course it'd have to be adjusted higher due to my location lol

• Upvote 1

Using Bailey's calculator...If I sacrifice an ideal retirement I'm looking at this. 

YOUR LIFE WILL COST:

$2,002,000

$50,050

If I don't then I'm looking at this...

YOUR LIFE WILL COST:

$6,972,000

$174,300

This is also implying that I stay in the US.

gurl :mellow: I don't know how we are supposed to get there

too many people I come across are living to work...and that means they may make six figure salaries, but these folks are sooooo over worked, stressed and miserable, they miss their kids husbands, wives, etc.....I was in that sweet spot for years, and I honestly wasn't more happy, I wasn't dating better guys, I was buying shit that didn't matter to me after a month, cars that after a few months I could care less Im just stuck with a car note and full coverage insurance payments....