Do you cook?

downeaznboi

Oh I can cook my ass off, I'm known as "the chef" I can cook an entire Thanksgiving meal, Turkey juicy as hell, bake German Chocolate Cakes from scratch, including the coconut icing, I got a recipe I do below :wub:

Every boyfriend I have ever had always told me how good a fucking cook I was :coffee: I had one tell me he missed my cooking more than me. :umm:

I can grill a Delmonico steak that will melt in your mouth :shifty:

I love to cook

I made it my career.

as far as my favorite thing to make, right now has to be slow roasted pork tenderloin.  I marinate it over night in olive oil, garlic and fresh herbs. then I pan sear it, then add some white wine, butter, and stock and slowly cook it until done.  Then I make a gravy with the pan drippings.  Then for sides it is usually, fried brussel sprouts, steamed veggies and garlic mash potatoes

Vaquero i want to make beef tomorrow but I want it well done. Any tips? It's boneless and cut into small cubes. I was thinking of making a stir fry. 

:umm:

I like it bloody ...like my women

ok got that grossness out of the way LMAO

for stir fries I like to slice the meat thinly. that way it does cook all the way through.  If you leave it cubes, it might not cook all the way through or you run the risk of it becoming tough

:umm:

I like it bloody ...like my women

ok got that grossness out of the way LMAO

for stir fries I like to slice the meat thinly. that way it does cook all the way through.  If you leave it cubes, it might not cook all the way through or you run the risk of it becoming tough

Aah thanks for the tip :D! I know exactly what to do now. Much appreciated

KII at that comment!

Aah thanks for the tip :D! I know exactly what to do now. Much appreciated

KII at that comment!

another thing you could do is freeze the meat.  Then with a very sharp knife, shave pieces of the meat off and you could stir fry it like that.  But be VERY careful doing this

another thing you could do is freeze the meat.  Then with a very sharp knife, shave pieces of the meat off and you could stir fry it like that.  But be VERY careful doing this

I've already taken the meat out of the freezer and it's defrosting downstairs :lol:. I prefer not to freeze meat for the week and buy it as and when i need it but it's just so much more convenient sometimes. 

Um I like to cook, I don't really love it, I'd MUCH rather be cooked for, but I like to cook, and can enjoy the process. The only thing about it I REEEEALLLLLLY hate is both the prep, and the cleaning. Both manditory, but both I am not eager to do lol

And as I push  post, I gotta go get the Chicken I was working on today out of the oven.

Um I like to cook, I don't really love it, I'd MUCH rather be cooked for, but I like to cook, and can enjoy the process. The only thing about it I REEEEALLLLLLY hate is both the prep, and the cleaning. Both manditory, but both I am not eager to do lol

And as I push  post, I gotta go get the Chicken I was working on today out of the oven.

I'm headed to popeye's right now for that 5 piece chicken tender meal with a buttermilk biscuit. Those biscuits are the best!!!

lol I do the same too!

Made it :). I put it on high heat and browned it all over and then lowered it to a medium flame, covered it and allowed it to simmer in it's own water it produced for a while. It cooked all the way through but was a little chewy. Is that normal for beef? I've never cooked or eaten beef until this week lol.

I rarely ever cook I work too much so usually I grab something to eat on the way home. On my days off I may cook but that's still rare lol

Thats me nowadays I can cook, but when I have to leave for work before dawn and come back home at sundown I just don't even feel like bothering starting a meal up.  By the time I would be done cooking it would be time to go to bed.

• Upvote 1

Of course.  Eating out all the time gets very expensive..so I can go get the ingredients I need and whip up a meal.

I love to cook..and that passion had always been there, but it was elevated when I was in a relationship..and definitely after we broke up.  And plus I'm an avid fan of Food Network and The Cooking Channel. Getting recipes and combining ingredients I would never had thought would go together. 

I whipped up a meal with just some stuff in my cabinet and it came out great! I guess I just love a challenge.

Eating out - I learnt that a lot of places in the UK use the cheapest oil possible. Some of the shit that goes on in those kitchens is disgusting. I much rather prefer to cook at home. I can control the amount of salt/oil that goes in, use the freshest of ingredients and also get some 'free' therapy at the same time. Cooking is so relaxing.

Baking however is a bitch and stresses me out :umm:. I still love it though :wub:

Made it :). I put it on high heat and browned it all over and then lowered it to a medium flame, covered it and allowed it to simmer in it's own water it produced for a while. It cooked all the way through but was a little chewy. Is that normal for beef? I've never cooked or eaten beef until this week lol.

You could of cooked it a little longer. But yes beef can get chewy sometimes

Thats me nowadays I can cook, but when I have to leave for work before dawn and come back home at sundown I just don't even feel like bothering starting a meal up.  By the time I would be done cooking it would be time to go to bed.

Exactly! I've done that before and it sucks. You're gonna eventually put the food back in the fridge after one serving and get ready for bed. I'd rather cook when I have a lot of time and I can leave the food out for when I want more and not try to hurry and eat before I fall asleep lol