A thread for Janet's history at the Soul Train Awards through the years

jarrylf

I figure since the Soul Train Awards are shooting today, and will be airing this month (tho I'm sure most of us won't be watching), they've been VERY good and very generous to Janet, so I thought I'd take a browse through those videos,and since Janetmedia is back up (for those who didn't know) I polished some of the videos up and synced the sound and made the sound HQ

Her 1st Soul Train Awards appearance is in this montage

In 92 She was honored the Sammy Davis Jr. Award, and they put together 1 of my favorite Janet montages loaded with bloopers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4MF4MVIwWfs&index=2&list=UUH09X4n8uAOgTtbvX_uodFw

• Upvote 3

In 1997 She was honored with The Lena Horne Award at the Soul Train: Lady Soul Awards, presented by Maya Angelou (who the fuck else), and a tribute performance of That's The Way Love Goes with Heavy D, Brownstone (wish it were TLC or EV), Deborah Cox (wish it were Brandy/Aaliyah) and Someone else (wish it were Monica)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=46fkS3e_N4A&list=UUH09X4n8uAOgTtbvX_uodFw&index=1

In 2004 She was honored with the Quincy Jones Award (can't help but notice tho DC3 & Tina Knowles are stanning in the front row as they should be.....Matthew aint clappin at all lol, he lookin like "Bitch you lucky Im standin")

Mannnnn she had them at her every beck & call lol, SHE CAN ASK THEM FOR ANYTHING. And I be surprised when the new era is on & popping she'll get a brand new fresh legend award from them lol. Hell she should get a Soul Train Award in her honor for most Soul Train Awards in her honor. :lol:

I love that one during RN, well it was after the tour and everything, by that point Janet was off RN and onto her first film role, Poetic Justice, thats why John Singleton presents the award to her. That audience had the hottest R&B artists out at the time I remember Colour Me Badd was in the front row....I'm old as fuck :asham:

The Soul Train Awards ain't what they use to be anymore. Back in day everybody use to be there. Janet, Whitney, Mariah, and even Mj use to show up. Nowadays all I see is B and C listers there. It just goes to show you how music, R&B in particular has gotten so bad. Watching these videos just made me realize that even more.

Jarryl I had to subscribe to your channel after I saw that On and On song posted. I had been trying to find it for so long.

• Upvote 1

King of finding rare JJ clips. Thank you.

Tis my duty and my honor to search & share! :D

The Soul Train Awards ain't what they use to be anymore. Back in day everybody use to be there. Janet, Whitney, Mariah, and even Mj use to show up. Nowadays all I see is B and C listers there. It just goes to show you how music, R&B in particular has gotten so bad. Watching these videos just made me realize that even more.

Jarryl I had to subscribe to your channel after I saw that On and On song posted. I had been trying to find it for so long.

Oh thank you, thanks for subscribing and thanks for the comments. I'm glad I could help with that.

• Upvote 1