Queen Jolie Retires

bu.

b77a14b1-a891-444c-98c7-065137a4ec6d-460

Angelina Jolie has confirmed she is retiring from acting to concentrate on writing and directing.

The Hollywood star, who won an Oscar for Girl Interrupted, said she did not enjoy being the centre of attention and intended to move permanently behind the camera.

“I’ve never been comfortable as an actor; I’ve never loved being in front of the camera,” Jolie said in an interview with Du Jour magazine.

“I didn’t ever think I could direct, but I hope I’m able to have a career at it because I’m much happier.”

Jolie is currently promoting her new film, Unbroken, about Olympic runner and US airman Louis Zamperini, who spent 47 days living on a raft after a plane crash and survived two years as a Japanese prisoner of war.

So, she's planning to leave acting behind? "Absolutely," Jolie responded.

"I see myself moving into directing more and doing much less as an actor," Jolie later clarified to Entertainment Weekly. "I have a few more in me, ones I have been developing for some time, so I will do those before I step away."

source; http://www.theguardian.com/film/2014...nt-from-acting

============================================

Can she at least do another action flick ala Tomb Raider / Mr & Mrs Smith before ha Janet Jackson Burqa era?

2mm7kmp.gif

• Upvote 2

No! :cry: At least we get a few more movies of her acting, but I hope she reconsiders and focuses on all three. I'm gonna love the new work of course, but I'll miss seeing Queengelina on screen. Best wishes to her, regardless. 

you and some of us will, but how bankable is she as an actress? Especially when she wants to be seen as a serious actress and thats been the hard part for her.

you and some of us will, but how bankable is she as an actress? Especially when she wants to be seen as a serious actress and thats been the hard part for her.

She's one of the highest paid actresses in Hollywood with her last few movies making quite well over their budgets. The serious acting poses something of a challenge, but it isn't impossible for her. 

She's one of the highest paid actresses in Hollywood with her last few movies making quite well over their budgets. The serious acting poses something of a challenge, but it isn't impossible for her. 

Oh I dont know, I think she wants the latter more than the former. If she wants to be in Marvel films that break box office records sure she can, but I believe she wants Meryl Streep cred and that aint happening :coffee: