Why Chris Rock Really Regrets Joking about Janet Jackson

Bailey

You didn't answer my question Wise Man.

You're agreeing with the same person who quoted Don Imus.. Know what you're supporting

I don't support Don't Imus. I can't stand the bastrad actually. You missed my point entirely. Your to focused on defending JT that it escaped you. Three things played a major role in the way Janet was treated. Janet being black, a woman, and a Jackson were all strikes against her. JT had none. Til this day that incident is looked at as being Janet's fault and her alone. Which I think is totally unfair because whether it was planned or not it still takes two. Janet suffered the most and I was always proud of her for the way that she handled herself afterwards. She took that shit like a woman. While JT sold out.

Wasn't it revealed last year that it wasn't her idea? :unsure:

IM SAYING, we speant months talking about this last year, Janet NOR Gils names ever came up for the idea, if anything it was the director

No. It was Gil's idea and Gil works for Janet. Janet obviously agreed to this idea without contacting the director and she rehearsed it with Gil

People need to stop blaming others for Janet's downfall(s). Justin didn't make Janet release 20 YO or Discipline

....but ignoring that there's never been proof that it was his idea, that still don't make it hers, she's not Bey she don't take credit for her employees work/creations

I don't understand what the 2 albums that had they had the proper radio & label promo & support would've been way more successful than they were have to do with this...I mean are we seriously going to pretend had she released TVR 2.0 in 07, that wouldnt've produced no top 20's, and had 2 videos, probably great reception but minimal attention?

But the lady said Janet wasn't 100% keen on it herself? Although she still want ahead with it.. We blame Gil for everything anyway...

Yeah Janet is a mess for thinking those 2 albums were worth releasing. The nerve of people trying to blame JD/La Reid for 20/Discipline when Janet made the music...

^ Not necessarily. She was blacklisted, therefore projects were harder to thrive. She couldn't tour after Damita Jo partially because promoters didn't want anything to do with her. Same things with the reception of some of her singles. 

DING DING DINNNNNG RIGHT ANSWER

Did talent blacklisted her too? And I'm Not talking sales... Talking quality ;)

Same thing with the reception of which singles? Shall we go through each single and find real reasons why they stunk?

JALW - :umm:

IWY - No one wants slow jam Janet though that song did go hard

AN(DS) - Great jam BUT shitty single.. Whisper Janet

COM - Nelly + JD = ugh

S.Ex - Khia + JD + oversexed lyrics about JD at 40 years old = Ew

Feedback - Top 20 hit

RWU - worst single she could have released since JALW 

To The Point: Janet chose horrible singles post-Superbowl.. 

:umm:  I'll only give you JALW & RWU, JALW shouldnt've even have made the album, and RWU was easily ahead of it's time, radio wasn't ready for that, it should've been Luv.

The only era "slow jam-Janet" hasn't been successful in was AFY, but it's because she didn't release 1 that era, and the song slayed it was R&B PRIME/GREAT Kanye goodness, there's no way had that song had the proper support it would've gotten had her promo from the label & MTV not been pulled at the VERY least a top 10 and a #1 on the R&B charts, it was a great choice

For All Nite, what should've been the 1st single, the vocals didn't matter, they never do with hit songs, ever. The song was hot, there's no way WITH proper radio promo that wouldn't at least got top 10-20, that song very strongly fit the climate and could stand above it.

For COM, the proof that that song works (tho it is not a fave among us Janfans, it actually was a fave among the casual fans or non fans at the time) that was enough to make it on the R&B charts, So I wouldn't write that off as a flop at all, Nelly was still making hit's at the time it wasn't Nelly today.

The problem with your analysis for every song you listed is it's too much of your opinion which is meaningless compared to the fact that we'll ultimately never know what those songs could've been on the charts had they had the proper support of the labels. Hell we don't even know that those songs would've been the singles for their eras or in the same order had she had the full labels support for each era. There will always be so many damn songs that are of garbage quality but find their way on the top 10's and sometimes #1 because of not only the artist but the labels support, the success of her singles we saw post SB was basically the same as if Janet were a independant artist.

So Justin had two choices: 

1. Save face - [Fake] apologized in front of everyone to save his career

2. Support Janet - Not apologize in front of everyone, standing by your friend, being blacklisted, and dismissing his career at the age of 23

So which would you choose? 

tumblr_ldj92kzJou1qzjix8_zpssyztzbhr.gif

You left out option #3, shut the fuck up about Janet and just continue on your ass kissing apoologizing, without saying SHIT about Janet. You know respectful. Handle your apology for your involvement no matter how minimal or maximal, you can leave her alone, still a kinda duchey, cowardly, bitchy thing to do, but still not trying to shit on a friend.

That's what I'd choose, but hey Im smart and care about my friends & what not.

There's no reasonable excuse to be given for the Entertainment Tonight interview where he shat on her, you & he can't say "He was backed into a corner" after he already said enough to put it all on her and to insult her, interviews done, HE WENT OUT OF HIS WAY...TO ADD MORE SHIT TO THE LOAD......that didn't have to be done, he more than likely would've gotten away with it the same way he did had he not shat on her, going out of his to distance himself from her is understandable, but to disrespect her and put himself in a victims role as well...... he deserves shit for that. 

Let's not shade Beyonce for no reason...

Anyway let me state some facts

Fact 1 - it wasn't Janets idea

Fact 2 - it wasn't Justin's idea

Fact 3 - Justin threw her under the bus. I'd pick my career too whilst also defending my friend. It's possible to do both so yeah he is a bit of a cunt but he already stated his regret at it. Get over it.

Fact 4 - some Janet fans do harbour onto hate and hate JT solely because of the Super Bowl - that's sad. Some hate him for his skin colour which is sadder.

Fact 5 - Janets treatment was a mixture of her name, her skin, her gender, her sticking to her morals and not apologising

Fact 6 - Janet made shit music post Super Bowl (large parts of 20YO and Discipline)

Fact 7 - Beyoncé slays

Fact 8 - today's industry is built on Nipplegate. Youtube pushed streaming. YouTube birthed Spotify, Vevo etc. Janet birthed YouTube. Id rather she still had a career over that but the kii's one gets from telling the young kids that their fave has a career because of Janets nipple.....that's diamond.

So Justin had two choices: 

1. Save face - [Fake] apologized in front of everyone to save his career

2. Support Janet - Not apologize in front of everyone, standing by your friend, being blacklisted, and dismissing his career at the age of 23

So which would you choose? 

tumblr_ldj92kzJou1qzjix8_zpssyztzbhr.gif

23 year old white boys don't get blacklisted. Just like 70 year old white women can show their ass at the grammy's and call their black son the N word and still come out looking good.  I would have stuck by her.   A united front is better than nothing.  

Fact 3 - Justin threw her under the bus. I'd pick my career too whilst also defending my friend. It's possible to do both so yeah he is a bit of a cunt but he already stated his regret at it. Get over it.

Fact 4 - some Janet fans do harbour onto hate and hate JT solely because of the Super Bowl - that's sad. Some hate him for his skin colour which is sadder.

Fact 5 - Janets treatment was a mixture of her name, her skin, her gender, her sticking to her morals and not apologising

Fact 8 - today's industry is built on Nipplegate. Youtube pushed streaming. YouTube birthed Spotify, Vevo etc. Janet birthed YouTube. Id rather she still had a career over that but the kii's one gets from telling the young kids that their fave has a career because of Janets nipple.....that's diamond.

I just wanted your attention is all  :wub:  ...........not like I can FB msg you whenever anymore....plus that shade just wrote itself...unlike...I wont LOL I gots your attention, Im good for a week now lol :lmao:

But yes I agree with most of the facts, his over the top chase the interviewer back down does take me right back to the 1st time I saw it, where's since I already wasn't a fan, it was never gonna happen after seeing that, so you gotta mention that some/alot of us already didn't care for him years before that....that just more so gave us a shinning #1 reason for a long time(some of us still). But basically to say, we're all entitled to our opinions on him & the matter, I know I've definitely lightened up on him in recent years over the issue.....TRUUUUUUUUUUUUUSSST that that is 100% the truth LOFL, My harshness on him resumes what it was before the Suberbowl...Overrated/undertalented, that's how I see it, what he did was absolutely disgusting to her, but I try not to focus on that...until I see the interview again, then for the day.., but anyway, some fans took the hit her career took harder than she did, and they have the right to, she was in the worlds graces before that, everyone knew her & loved her, then everyone wanted to shame her and treat her like she contributed less to the industry than say Paula Abdul, that's a hard hit, especially for some of these fans that's been fans since Control or RN or janet. were new, like I came in on AFY, so it's a hard thing to see and ultimately get use to the treatment she gets, but I can only imagine how truly Angry I'd feel if I came on board during RN-janet. So to Get over it or to hold it against him, it's a personal issue. I imagine it does help alot if you're a fan of the man, but for those of us who never thought much of him, we all have our own paths lol.

And still, whilst I'd never say 20 or Discipline are near her best, I really & honestly don't consider them shitty by any standards beyond her own discography, they were both equally fitting and ahead of their release years musical climates.

That is a good Kii, but yea her purposeful total lack of recognition on a grand scale by the industry....I think I'd take, but it's all over & done with. 

I just wanted your attention is all  :wub:  ...........not like I can FB msg you whenever anymore....plus that shade just wrote itself...unlike...I wont LOL I gots your attention, Im good for a week now lol :lmao:

But yes I agree with most of the facts, his over the top chase the interviewer back down does take me right back to the 1st time I saw it, where's since I already wasn't a fan, it was never gonna happen after seeing that, so you gotta mention that some/alot of us already didn't care for him years before that....that just more so gave us a shinning #1 reason for a long time(some of us still). But basically to say, we're all entitled to our opinions on him & the matter, I know I've definitely lightened up on him in recent years over the issue.....TRUUUUUUUUUUUUUSSST that that is 100% the truth LOFL, My harshness on him resumes what it was before the Suberbowl...Overrated/undertalented, that's how I see it, what he did was absolutely disgusting to her, but I try not to focus on that...until I see the interview again, then for the day.., but anyway, some fans took the hit her career took harder than she did, and they have the right to, she was in the worlds graces before that, everyone knew her & loved her, then everyone wanted to shame her and treat her like she contributed less to the industry than say Paula Abdul, that's a hard hit, especially for some of these fans that's been fans since Control or RN or janet. were new, like I came in on AFY, so it's a hard thing to see and ultimately get use to the treatment she gets. So to Get over it or to hold it against him, it's a personal issue. I imagine it does help alot if you're a fan of the man, but for those of us who never thought much of him, we all have our own paths lol.

And still, whilst I'd never say 20 or Discipline are near her best, I really & honestly don't consider them shitty by any standards beyond her own discography, they were both equally fitting and ahead of their release years musical climates.

That is a good Kii, but yea her purposeful total lack of recognition on a grand scale by the industry....I think I'd take, but it's all over & done with. 

Trust  I know what you mean- sometimes I listen to a song or watch something and I'm like "Lemme go message Jarryl" and then I remember I'm not on FB any more :(. I need to text you or something but I lost your number. Do you have an iphone? Or whatsapp? or Kik?

Oh yeah there's definitely a lot of people that didn't like him before Superbowl. That's fine. We don't have to like everybody lol. 

Fact 6 - Janet made shit music post Super Bowl (large parts of 20YO and Discipline)

Fact 7 - Beyoncé slays

You can't have both Bu. You can't save the princess and yo job. Especially when The princess decided not to apologize for whatever reason. So Pick one

Yes at all your facts!!! Except #1

#4 and 5 people will NEVER accept as truth

You can't have both Bu. You can't save the princess and yo job. Especially when The princess decided not to apologize for whatever reason. So Pick one

Yes at all your facts!!! Except #1

#4 and 5 people will NEVER accept as truth

You can. You can say "Janet is an incredible artist and it was my dream come true to work with her...what happened was an unfortunate accident...let's move forward" yada yada. It's simple, it's easy...it doesn't cast Janet in a bad light nor does it make Justin look bad. 

They're all facts. Not likign it doesn't make it less factual 

People suck and stay in denial tbh.

jlu3Sl1.gif

You can. You can say "Janet is an incredible artist and it was my dream come true to work with her...what happened was an unfortunate accident...let's move forward" yada yada. It's simple, it's easy...it doesn't cast Janet in a bad light nor does it make Justin look bad.

They're all facts. Not likign it doesn't make it less factual

People suck and stay in denial tbh.

jlu3Sl1.gif

That's not what the fans wanted. The fans wanted Justin to be her knight and shinning armor.. To parade the media outlets with Janet.. To experience the backlash and bull shit PR.. They wanted him to be her Peeta and "Hunger Games" it together

Justin didn't make that choice and neither can you... Can't have your cake and eat it too

Show some receipts please to backup the claim that It wasn't Gil's idea.. I'll wait

That is true -_-

That's not what the fans wanted. The fans wanted Justin to be her knight and shinning armor.. To parade the media outlets with Janet.. To experience the backlash and bull shit PR.. "Hunger Games" it..

Justin didn't make that choice and neither can you... Can't have your cake and eat it too

Show some receipts please to backup the claim that It wasn't Gil's idea.. I'll wait

That is true -_-

It's not having your cake and eating it too. There are plenty of ways of deflecting/getting over an issue without throwing someone under the bus. The fact that Justin regrets the way he handled it >>> our opinions. 

Why don't you show receipts that it was Janet's idea solely? You can't. It being Gils idea doesn't make it Janet's idea? If so then i guess all her iconic choreo is her idea too so why do we praise Tina? If Janet didn't come up with it... In addition, it's impossible to say whose idea it was because no one except those directly involved knows and anyone that does won't admit to it. As far as I know it was a last minute thing. Hell it came out last year that MTV staff were going around ripping off clothes before the show. Do we blame them for possibly giving Gil ideas? It doesn't matter whose idea it was...it happened and Janet received a disproportionate amount of the blame. That's a fact that even Justin [eventually] agreed with lol

It is shady that she left without seeing the producers after though. She brought some of the schitck on herself. Her team was a disaster 2001 onwards... (salty about the AFY tour cancellation)

You cannot choose both support friend AND save your young career.. Supporting Janet = blacklisting from CBS

I asked for your receipt. You cannot ask for mine until you present yours. They practiced a skirt rip off and axed it right away.. That is an obvious reason as to why it wasn't MTV's fault.. The argument presented isn't "who got blamed for it". It's "whose idea was it"... It's clearly Janet / her paid employees

Many media outlets said that the reveal was "her idea".http://m.espn.go.com/general/video?vid=10363866&src=desktop&rand=ref~%7B%22ref%22%3A%22https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com%2F%22%7D

You cannot choose both support friend AND save your young career.. Supporting Janet = blacklisting from CBS

I asked for your receipt. You cannot ask for mine until you present yours. They practiced a skirt rip off and axed it right away.. That is an obvious reason as to why it wasn't MTV's fault.. Yes Justin didn't get much flack from the affair mostly bc he was sideswiped by the entire thing

Many media outlets said that the reveal was "her idea".

You can. It's easy to make a statement that does both. I'm sorry you don't see that.

Because you can't...as can't I.

Just because the media said it doesn't it was true :lmao:. Fuck off with that bull. 

I've already presented the facts. They're indisputable. 

EDIT:

The article I posted shows that no one knew whose idea it was. 

You can. It's easy to make a statement that does both. I'm sorry you don't see that.

Because you can't...as can't I.

Just because the media said it doesn't it was true :lmao:. Fuck off with that bull.

No.. You cannot save face AND support Janet during that time. Thats like releasing music at the age of 22, then the world finds out your best friend is a ISIS-supporter. You can be like "well my friend is a great person and I love him/her"

She said it. That's what they were reporting Bu.they didn't make it up :blink: you didn't post an article btw

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-207344/Janet-admits-planning-boob.html

No.. You cannot save face AND support Janet during that time. Thats like releasing music at the age of 22, then the world finds out your best friend is a ISIS-supporter. You can be like "well my friend is a great person and I love him/her"

She said it. That's what they were reporting Bu.they didn't make it up :blink:

It is possible. Keep Wissam out of it :rolleyes:

I don't have sound at work. Are you talking about that contrived video apology that CBS forced her to make? ven then it says "the decision was made" not "I made the decision"?. I haven't seen the apology video since 2005 so I don't know what it said word for word.  It doesn't change the fact that she got a disproportionate amount of blame. No one held a gun to Justin's head to do it. It doesn't change the fact hat the whole thing was overblown. 

LOL at you pulling a Daily Mail article. Game, I'm from the UK - no one in their right mind takes that paper seriously unless you're a chav/working class moron. You might as well link National Enquirer or MediaTakeOut. 

It is possible. Keep Wissam out of it :rolleyes:.

I don't have sound at work. Are you talking about that contrived video apology that CBS forced her to make? ven then it says "the decision was made" not "I made the decision"?. I haven't seen the apology video since 2005 so I don't know what it said word for word. It doesn't change the fact that she got a disproportionate amount of blame. No one held a gun to Justin's head to do it. It doesn't change the fact hat the whole thing was overblown.

LOL at you pulling a Daily Mail article. Game, I'm from the UK - no one in their right mind takes that paper seriously unless you're a chav/working class moron. You might as well link National Enquirer or MediaTakeOut.

No. It was an example. You can't have your cake and eat it too

No I'm not talking about that fake apology by Janet.. This isn't about what Justin did... He did what anyone of you would. Focus on their own career (millions of dollars) rather than some friend. And who can blame him.. If he supported Janet, his career would have been over before it even started at the age of 23.. That's a scary thought seeing as tho he's the only male pop star that is actually bringing it

"The decision to have a costume reveal at the end of my halftime show performance was made after final rehearsals," [Janet] said in a statement.

- CNN

= JANET's camp

No. It was an example. You can't have your cake and eat it too

No I'm not talking about that fake apology by Janet.. This isn't about what Justin did... He did what anyone of you would. Focus on their own career (millions of dollars) rather than some friend. And who can blame him.. If he supported Janet, his career would have been over before it even started at the age of 23.. That's a scary thought seeing as tho he's the only male pop star that is actually bringing it

- CNN

= JANET's camp

"Janet is an artist I have loved and admired my whole life. It was an honour to perform with her. However what happened was an unfortunate incident" yadayada. It's not that hard. There's was no need to throw her under the bus. It's not having your cake and eating it too.

It would not have been over. He was already successful. He's not a Robin Thicke.

It still doesn't say it was HER idea. If you want to say Janets team then do so but don't just say Janet. It being her teams idea doesn't mean she gets all the blame. He has a team too and they were clearly ok with it.

I mean the tea was all in that video so it's ridic to still debate that it was Janets idea. I mean she cried after it happened ffs. I think we can all agree that the aftermath was not fair but it happened and we can't change anything. The what if's and shoulda wooulda couldas is pointless. 

Voodoo said it best

"When its all said and done Janet should have left it out of her show and Justin should have been more supportive and this over-sensitive country that we live in should not reacted so irrational. "

tumblr_n5i2xtLulN1rveoj6o2_250_zpsbef351

• Upvote 1

Um if I werent out of Likes, my buddy baby Bu Bear right there would get all of them for every single post since my last, THANK YOU! THERE WAS NEVER The need to throw her under the bus, he could've apologized on his own, left her hanging in that way and kept it moving, not...shit on her, I can't speak for all of us who were upset over what he did, but I didn't need or want him to try to save her, that would've been very much appreciated but I wasn't looking for him to do that, I more so wanted him to not add on to the people dumping on her, in fact he's indeed the last person of any & everyone involved that should've said what he said & how he said it. It was doing the most, when it wasn't needed. He didn't NEED to support (save) her, but he definitely didn't need to kick her while she was down.....love him, hate him, don't like him, that's not justifiable.

And yas Im on kik, my username is the same as it is here lol