Jermaine Dupri Loses ATL Mansion to Foreclosure

Rock & Roll Hall of Game

He definitely made enough. I don't know what kind of income Game thinks JD was making but you trying to tell me over 20yrs he ain't make enough to own 2 or 3 mansions? Either you don't know about money or you're gullible.

That's what I'm thinking - he had a lot of hits. And I mean A LOT going back to 1992 (Jump by Kriss Kross). But where's the money? He shouldn't be in this situation. 

JD probably made less than $5 million that year.. Paying outright is a silly thing to do... Not a good investment.. Doesn't build credit

Fair enough paying outright is silly...but surely he had savings? But he does make child support payments so who knows. Janhovas curse strikes again :lmao:

That's what I'm thinking - he had a lot of hits. And I mean A LOT going back to 1992 (Jump by Kriss Kross). But where's the money? He should be in this situation. 

Fair enough paying outright is silly...but surely he had savings? But he does make child support payments so who knows. Janhovas curse strikes again :lmao:

let's say he made 5 million in 5yrs. That's 10 million per decade. 2 decades is 20 million. Not to mention producing isn't all he's done along with that Mariah money. 2-3 mansions he should've owned already paid off :)

let's say he made 5 million in 5yrs. That's 10 million per decade. 2 decades is 20 million. Not to mention producing isn't all he's done along with that Mariah money. 2-3 mansions he should've owned already paid off :)

If you ignore cars, taxes, child support, mortgage, bills for that mansion, security, travel

If you ignore cars, taxes, child support, mortgage, bills for that mansion, security, travel

still not 20 million dollars worth and if so then I was still correct in saying that he should've owned 2-3 mansions and Bu was also correct too in saying he fucked off his money with doing all those things you mentioned especially the cars and other lavish things he blew money on. Oh and the hoes he spent money on too

still not 20 million dollars worth and if so then I was still correct in saying that he should've owned 2-3 mansions and Bu was also correct too in saying he fucked off his money with doing all those things you mentioned especially the cars and other lavish things he blew money on. Oh and the hoes he spent money on too

2-3 mansions is a bit of a overreach.. He didn't make that much.

Moral of this debate: he's bad with his finances or he's biting off more than he can chew

Wait he's only worth $2million??? Mess!!

http://www.celebritynetworth.com/richest-celebrities/richest-rappers/jermaine-dupri-net-worth/

Jermaine Dupri's Financial Problems:
Despite having earned $11 million in 2008 and having an net worth of $60 million in 2006, recently Jermaine Dupri has fallen on difficult financial times. In May 2011, Jermaine was on the verge of bankruptcy thanks largely to the debt his company So So Def had taken on over the years. Dupri barely avoided the foreclosure of his Atlanta home on two separate occasions. Dupri owed over $500,000 to the state of Georgia and $3 million to the IRS. He eventually paid back most of his tax debt, but in 2010 was forced to put his company up as collateral to secure a $4.8 million personal loan from SunTrust bank. As of May 2013 he has paid back roughly half of the loan but has not made a payment in many months. If he does not make a payment soon, the bank will take ownership of JD's entire catalogue of music, including the albums from Da Brat, Bow Wow, Kriss Kross and Xscape.

Wait he's only worth $2million??? Mess!!

http://www.celebritynetworth.com/richest-celebrities/richest-rappers/jermaine-dupri-net-worth/

Jermaine Dupri's Financial Problems:

Despite having earned $11 million in 2008 and having an net worth of $60 million in 2006, recently Jermaine Dupri has fallen on difficult financial times. In May 2011, Jermaine was on the verge of bankruptcy thanks largely to the debt his company So So Def had taken on over the years. Dupri barely avoided the foreclosure of his Atlanta home on two separate occasions. Dupri owed over $500,000 to the state of Georgia and $3 million to the IRS. He eventually paid back most of his tax debt, but in 2010 was forced to put his company up as collateral to secure a $4.8 million personal loan from SunTrust bank. As of May 2013 he has paid back roughly half of the loan but has not made a payment in many months. If he does not make a payment soon, the bank will take ownership of JD's entire catalogue of music, including the albums from Da Brat, Bow Wow, Kriss Kross and Xscape.

smdh just as we thought and as we told Game. He's had plenty of money to pay that mansion off instead of fuckin' around. Now why in the hell did he need a damn bank loan of $4.8 million dollars. I'm so glad Janet left his ass cause I know she was paying for shit. Remember on youtube there's a video of her and him and Janet had to come out of her pocket cause he said he left his wallet at home. SMFH

smdh just as we thought and as we told Game. He's had plenty of money to pay that mansion off instead of fuckin' around.

Now why in the hell did he need a damn bank loan of $4.8 million dollars. I'm so glad Janet left his ass cause I know she was paying for shit. Remember on youtube there's a video of her and him and Janet had to come out of her pocket cause he said he left his wallet at home. SMFH

No he didn't

To pay the IRS

I noticed in one of his blog videos after a show he had a designer bag filled with cash. He was kinda throwing it around like it was nothing. My parents taught me to see how people treat money and that will tell you a great deal about them.

As for a comeback, I wouldn't take that from him, this man was behind some very big artists and hits at the time, what got him there is the ability to recognize talent, understand the industry and make great music. I hate to see a brutha in the game for as long as he has been and just flat out hate on him for any reason. All I'm saying is, JD keep ya head up :good: