The Sony Leaked Email Scandal ...

Bailey

...can we discuss this? I mean there are some really interesting things coming out.

Sony doesn't have a franchise of movies except Spiderman, it took 4 years to come out with another Spiderman from the last.

Sony called Kevin Hart a "whore" for asking he be paid to promote a film through social media. Sony says he's fucking himself because they have his next 2 movies on deal.

Sony argues internally over Angelina Jolie, they state she is "minimally" talented and the producer behind "The Social Network" has no interest in working with Angelina saying "I dont want to destroy my career" ....the long short of it? No one really takes Angelina seriously.

Adam Sandler is over.

Sony fought hard to do the Steve Jobs biopic the way it was meant to be done, and insults Ashton Kutcher altogether for even being in the discussion

His movies are horrible :umm:

Well that we know, but it's something I've admired about him that he SO doesn't give a fuck, because he....somehow makes their money back, so he goes on making bad & worst movies with the same casts because he can afford to. I thought it was something in the leaked reports that said something career ending, he is a republican after all so it's not unexpected.

They talked about Obama too

Its so many details coming out I have not made it to what was said about Obama,the Obama emails were concerning a Sony exec invited to an Obama fundraiser, the exec asked what should she ask Obama? Did he like Djano....and the emails go back and forth naming Black only movies President Obama would enjoy.  Read racist. :coffee:

I read that Sony felt their movies needed to be seasonally appropriate, "Girl With the Dragon Tattoo" did well, but they said something to the affect that movies like this shouldnt come out during the holidays

from my understanding the data breach at Sony was very large, and we are only beginning to get details....basically in short they dont use any decourum nor a filter when sending emails...Hollywood is very non-discrete.

Thats an understatement.  Sony got their wigs YANKED by professional hackers all up in their shit.  3-4 unreleased movies pulled off their servers and leaked to torrents.  All these high level internal e-mails now, movie plans and discussions for years...EVERYONE else is scrambling to check their security you can bet.  They have the FBI investigating the hack now. 

Some of those internal e-mails are so scandalous and racist I wouldnt be shocked to see some firings to save face. Just shows don't write anything in an email that you would fear your job over if it ever got out at work especially.  If you wanna shade Obama and Angelina call down the hall and read them or walk over to their office so there's no proof lol

• Upvote 1

the-interview-james-franco-lizzy-caplan-

Sony Cancels Theatrical Release for ‘The Interview’ on Christmas

With theater chains defecting en masse, Sony Pictures Entertainment has pulled the planned Christmas Day release of “The Interview.”

In announcing the decision to cancel the holiday debut, Sony hit back at the hackers who threatened movie theaters and moviegoers and who have terrorized the studio and its employees for weeks.

“Those who attacked us stole our intellectual property, private emails, and sensitive and proprietary material, and sought to destroy our spirit and our morale – all apparently to thwart the release of a movie they did not like,” the statement reads.

“We are deeply saddened at this brazen effort to suppress the distribution of a movie, and in the process do damage to our company, our employees, and the American public,” it continues. “We stand by our filmmakers and their right to free expression and are extremely disappointed by this outcome.”

The studio did not say it would never release the picture theatrically. Insiders tell Variety Sony is exploring all options, including offering the picture on premium video-on-demand as a way to recoup at least some of its investment.

The comedy centers on a hapless television host who is recruited to assassinate North Korean dictator Kim Jong-un. The country has condemned the film and some cyber security experts believe that it played a role in the hack attack on the studio. North Korea has denied involvement in the attacks.

Seth Rogen and James Franco star in the picture, which cost $42 million to produce

I love my President, he said Sony should have not pulled it as reported,but he even went so far as to say he wished Sony would have talked to him, he would have told them Americans don't allow dictators control us. It takes a bigger person to over look the jabs made directly on him, he's better than that and sees the bigger picture, how America looking? :coffee:

• Upvote 1

I love my President, he said Sony should have not pulled it as reported,but he even went so far as to say he wished Sony would have talked to him, he would have told them Americans don't allow dictators control us. It takes a bigger person to over look the jabs made directly on him, he's better than that and sees the bigger picture, how America looking? :coffee:

President O just shut it down #WarOnFreedom

• Upvote 1

President O just shut it down #WarOnFreedom

the problem is in security and thus liability concerns, people aren't afraid so much as no one wants to lose money, they hit us where it hurts, economically ....even worst :coffee: but I think most people believe that we shouldn't play this game