J. Cole hits no.1 on the Billboard 200 album charts meanwhile Taylor has already outsold Beyonce.

JoeJoe

Cole world. J. Cole rules the Billboard 200 this week as his third album 2014 Forest Hills Drive enters at No. 1.

The North Carolina rapper takes the top spot from Taylor Swift’s 1989 by selling 371,000 copies in his first week.2014 Forest Hills Drive marks Cole’s biggest opening week and the highest-selling debut of any hip-hop album in 2014, beating Rick Ross’ Mastermind (179,000).

His sophomore album Born Sinner debuted at No. 2 in June 2013 with 297,000 copies.

Cole announced the album less than a month before release and without any singles and little promotion. It was streamed 15.7 million times in one week on Spotify, setting an all-time record in the U.S.

http://www.rap-up.com/2014/12/17/j-cole-scores-biggest-hip-hop-debut-of-2014/

Taylor Swift‘s move to pop continues to pay off. Her latest album, ‘1989,’ is rapidly headed toward becoming the biggest-selling album of 2014.

According to the New York Times, ’1989′ sold 230,000 copies in its sixth week, bringing its total to just over 2.7 million. So far the soundtrack to ‘Frozen’ has moved just under 3.4 million units — but that total goes all the way back to January.

With just a few weeks of sales left until the end of the year, and Swift still averaging well into six-figure sales each week, she is rapidly catching up to ‘Frozen,’ which has been selling between 30,000-60,000 units per week. The two albums will end up the year neck-and-neck as the top-selling and second-best-selling albums of 2014.

Swift released ‘Shake It Off,’ the first single from ’1989,’ in August. The album’s second single, ‘Blank Space,’ is currently at radio.

Taylor Swift's '1989' on Track to Be Biggest Album of 2014? | http://tasteofcountry.com/taylor-swift-1989-outsell-frozen/?trackback=tsmclip

Congrats to J. Cole. Loved his tweet as well: "No singles no features. Stop serving trash."

No mention of Beyoncé in either of those articles but of course the thread still turns to talk of her.

Beyonce is the standard around here, it seems.

Congrats to J. Cole. Loved his tweet as well: "No singles no features. Stop serving trash."

No mention of Beyoncé in either of those articles but of course the thread still turns to talk of her.

Why would the articles mention her when the thread specifically says J.Cole and Taylor? 

Taylors album outselling Bey's deserves a mention, because until Taylor's Bey's was easily going to be the 2nd most successful album of the year, and Taylor snatched it in just 2-3 months, it's a relative topic it's not like bringing her out of nowhere. It's just apart of Taylors rampant slayage is all, no biggie guys. (on both sides of this really) like did we not see this coming?

Congrats to J.Cole tho, Im very impressed with him & D'Angelo's legitimate surprise releases, especially D, I thought he completely hung it up.

• Upvote 1

Taylors album outselling Bey's deserves a mention, because until Taylor's Bey's was easily going to be the 2nd most successful album of the year, and Taylor snatched it in just 2-3 months, it's a relative topic it's not like bringing her out of nowhere. It's just apart of Taylors rampant slayage is all, no biggie guys. (on both sides of this really) like did we not see this coming?

Congrats to J.Cole tho, Im very impressed with him & D'Angelo's legitimate surprise releases, especially D, I thought he completely hung it up.

they mad tho

chilling-baby-gorilla-is-chilling-big_zp

Yes OUTSOLD BEYONCE smart guy. That's it. Doesn't mean the article should've included Beyonce. I said it cause I wanted to :)

No shit. :rolleyes:

Not out of nowhere, just completely ignoring the fact that Taylor also outsold Ed Sheeran, Sam Smith and Coldplay. But we all know dropping their name in the thread title wouldn't get you the replies Beyoncé's would.

No shit. :rolleyes:

Not out of nowhere, just completely ignoring the fact that Taylor also outsold Ed Sheeran, Sam Smith and Coldplay. But we all know dropping their name in the thread title wouldn't get you the replies Beyoncé's would.

too bad y'all the ones who mentioned Beyonce in your posts cause all the replies before y'all weren't concerned that Beyonce's name was ONLY mentioned once in the title. This thread isn't for Beyonce it's for J. Cole and Taylor. If y'all weren't so pressed y'all would've looked right past it like everybody else did

That's true but I think it holds purpuse because until Swifty swept, Bey's album was still the highest selling album of the year thus far or the only album to go Gold or some certification like that, so it's a big feat (if that's the case)

That's true but I think it holds purpuse because until Swifty swept, Bey's album was still the highest selling album of the year thus far or the only album to go Gold or some certification like that, so it's a big feat (if that's the case)

Boom!!! That's exactly the only reason why Beyonce was even mentioned. You got it and i'm sure others did but the girls were seething with anger so they weren't able to see it 

LOL JoeJoe. We're pressed? Honey everything Beyonce does has you pressed. She STAYS on your mind. You're the same one that said 7/11 wouldn't do anything on the charts yet it's peaked at #13 :lmao:. That's something. 

Anyone that didn't think Taylor would outsell her is dumb, especially the way she's been whoring herself out promoting haself like crazy, AND since every album of hers sells like hot cakes. If you weren't pressed you wouldn't need to bring her up. But I'm glad you see Beyonce as the standard, the one to beat.

LOL @ Jarryl needing to say "legitimate". Once again the two obvious people showing just how bothered they are. I expect someone else to roll by any second. You can stay mad that every time someone does a surprise release it will be labelled as "pulling a Beyonce". Ha impact. 

Beyonce_125x125.jpg

• Upvote 1

LOL JoeJoe. We're pressed? Honey everything Beyonce does has you pressed. She STAYS on your mind. You're the same one that said 7/11 wouldn't do anything on the charts yet it's peaked at #13 :lmao:. That's something. 

Anyone that didn't think Taylor would outsell her is dumb, especially the way she's been whoring herself out promoting haself like crazy, AND since every album of hers sells like hot cakes. If you weren't pressed you wouldn't need to bring her up. But I'm glad you see Beyonce as the standard, the one to beat.

LOL @ Jarryl needing to say "legitimate". Once again the two obvious people showing just how bothered they are. I expect someone else to roll by any second. You can stay mad that every time someone does a surprise release it will be labelled as "pulling a Beyonce". Ha impact. 

Beyonce_125x125.jpg

Well "Honey" *in your words* trust me if Beyonce had me as pressed as this thread has y'all then I would've said more. Noticed she's only mentioned in the title and that's it boo. Y'all the ones making this thread about Thiefonce not me. Taylor has outsold the bitch in less than 3 months, Deal!!! Also #13 actually isn't something to brag about :) Let me know how she stays on my mind. Have I mentioned Beyonce lately? I think not. Actually it's been a while...i'll wait for your receipts. Why haven't I been in her thread saying anything negative. Once again the Fleahive is being delusional.  :wave:

Well "Honey" *in your words* trust me if Beyonce had me as pressed as this thread has y'all then I would've said more. Noticed she's only mentioned in the title and that's it boo. Y'all the ones making this thread about Thiefonce not me. Taylor has outsold the bitch in less than 3 months, Deal!!! Also #13 actually isn't something to brag about :) Let me know how she stays on my mind. Have I mentioned Beyonce lately? I think not. Actually it's been a while...i'll wait for your receipts. Why haven't I been in her thread saying anything negative. Once again the Fleahive is being delusional.  :wave:

It's OK JoeJoe, you don't need to defend your love for bey to me lol ;). I'm not bragging. I'm proving that you were wrong. #13 with no promo / no pop release / not being an actual single is doing something on a chart after you said it wouldn't do ANYTHING.You ain't been in there cause you know official threads have rules but if a thread not in there was made about her you'd be all over it :lmao: 'Tis the season to be jolly though. I shower every day - no need to call me a flea <_<:lol:

N94j55W.gif

As someone who neither cares for anything in this thread, Beyonce was mentioned to garner attention and the Sole reason this is two pages, is bc of Beyonce

Beyonce had a great album and it sold well at today's standard, she had a successful year touring, and at just being Beyonce.

Taylor too minus touring

We should all be discussing the real issue at hand.. why can't JCole afford a new grill

• Upvote 2

Well we've already had this discussion, I consider what she did a surprise release but a illegitimate 1 because we all knew she was coming, and she was promoting herself all year & had songs "leaking" left & right, in my eyes a legit surrprise release is being COMPLETELY out of the spotlight and dropping an album (ala J.Cole & D'Angelo or other artists who've done this before), that's how I see it, you don't have to lol Im not saying that's a factual thing it's very much my opinion....I don't get why I'd be "mad" seeing as how it's the 1st time in SO long she's done a mostly solid album that she seemingly actually put some effort into. And the sad thing is they'll be giving her the wrong credit as usual nowdays. Ha lies :coffee:

• Upvote 1

As someone who neither cares for anything in this thread, Beyonce was mentioned to garner attention and the Sole reason this is two pages, is bc of Beyonce

Beyonce had a great album and it sold well at today's standard, she had a successful year touring, and at just being Beyonce.

Taylor too minus touring

We should all be discussing the real issue at hand.. why can't JCole afford a new grill

Right?!?! Im saying it's almost a complement to her that she had the most successful album of the year until the 4th quarter (bigger complement to Taylor ofcourse) but I don't get the hostility.....

AND YES, his records on track to do really good, lets pray for a Christmas miracle like he gets him some new teefs....and that D'Angelo looks the way he did in 2000