J. Cole hits no.1 on the Billboard 200 album charts meanwhile Taylor has already outsold Beyonce.

JoeJoe

Right?!?! Im saying it's almost a complement to her that she had the most successful album of the year until the 4th quarter (bigger complement to Taylor ofcourse) but I don't get the hostility.....

AND YES, his records on track to do really good, lets pray for a Christmas miracle like he gets him some new teefs....and that D'Angelo looks the way he did in 2000

Ehhh it's telling on how bad the industry is... A Frozen soundtrack outsold 99% of artists

Releasing an album around Christmas and capitalizing on the turmoil.. Idk who DAngelo is

*Dear Santa,

I want you to scrap my gifts and focus on giving Mr. J Cole a great set of new pearls.

Love,

K. Game*

Ehhh it's telling on how bad the industry is... A Frozen soundtrack outsold 99% of artists

Releasing an album around Christmas and capitalizing on the turmoil.. Idk who DAngelo is

*Dear Santa,

I want you to scrap my gifts and focus on giving Mr. J Cole a great set of new pearls.

Love,

K. Game*

True, but a good feat for Bey tho. But yea I'd be SHOCKED if as good as Swifty's swifting, that she'd block Frozen from having the most successful album of the year.

LOFL YAS...tho I don't know Game, youve been a tad naughty this year lol...eh, nicer than last tho, I think/hope santa will notice

True, but a good feat for Bey tho. But yea I'd be SHOCKED if as good as Swifty's swifting, that she'd block Frozen from having the most successful album of the year.

LOFL YAS...tho I don't know Game, youve been a tad naughty this year lol...eh, nicer than last tho, I think/hope santa will notice

I've been a menace -_-

I've crushed at least 3 guy's dreams this year alone. I terrorize JanetXone and downloaded 500 gb of por-- media files :)

I'm totally on the naughty list :asham:

I've been a menace -_-

I've crushed at least 3 guy's dreams this year alone. I terrorize JanetXone and downloaded 500 gb of por-- media files :)

I'm totally on the naughty list :asham:

Eh, but you won me as a friend, so I think that more than makes up for all of that! ;) .....well :umm: maybe 2 of the guys dreams too, I mean Im wonderful but I don't think I can fully cover 3 dreams crushed  :asham:

Eh, but you won me as a friend, so I think that more than makes up for all of that! ;) .....well :umm: maybe 2 of the guys dreams too, I mean Im wonderful but I don't think I can fully cover 3 dreams crushed :asham:

You've been practically wooing me all last year with your President Timberlaker attacks :lol:

Yeah.. Bu will never be the same after what you did to him -_-

Well we've already had this discussion, I consider what she did a surprise release but a illegitimate 1 because we all knew she was coming, and she was promoting herself all year & had songs "leaking" left & right, in my eyes a legit surrprise release is being COMPLETELY out of the spotlight and dropping an album (ala J.Cole & D'Angelo or other artists who've done this before), that's how I see it, you don't have to lol Im not saying that's a factual thing it's very much my opinion....I don't get why I'd be "mad" seeing as how it's the 1st time in SO long she's done a mostly solid album that she seemingly actually put some effort into. And the sad thing is they'll be giving her the wrong credit as usual nowdays. Ha lies :coffee:

J Cole was not a surprise release. J Cole announced his date almost a month in advance. If you're not calling Beyonce a legitimate surprise release then neither is D'Angelo. D'Angelo also released snippets of some of this songs in January - so no he was not completely out of the spotlight. He promoted the albums cryptically on the 10th...announced the release on the 12th and released it on the 15th. NONE of the Beyonce songs that leaked made it to the album except a minute of Bow Down Bitches which she ended up changing anyway. If you want to count Grown Woman even though it's not even a bonus track then sure go ahead with that reach. But neither of those two changes the fact that the album was a surprise. D'Angelo basically used the same formulae so to call his legitimate and Beyonce illegitimate is just stupid. There's no such thing as a legitimate surprise. It's either a surprise or not. You can keep telling yourself the lies to make you feel better that Beyonce did something first. Beyonce was the first surprise release. That is a simple fact. People can claim David Bowie, Radiohead and others did it before her but none of them were surprises. None of them just put the music out there with no announcement. 

'Yeezus', Kanye West

Release Date: June 18th, 2013

Announcements:

May 19th, 2013

May 20th 2013

May 31st, 2013

'In Rainbows', Radiohead

Release Date: October 10th, 2007

Announcements:

September 30th, 2007

October 1st, 2007

'The Next Day', David Bowie

Release Date: March 8th, 2013

iTunes Preview: March 1st, 2013

Announcements:

January 8th,2013

January 8th, 2013

'The King of Limbs', Radiohead

Release Date: February 18th, 2011

Announcements:

February 14th, 2011

All announced before it was released. It's not a surprise when we know what day it's coming. If anyone did genuinely release an album without announcing it before Dec 13th 2013, then I'm sorry they didn't make it relevant. 

BUSTTHATBUBBLEFuckinBitch_zps5b8fcbb0.gi

And on that note...

Changed the game with that digital drop

Know where you was when that digital popped

I stopped the world

Male or female, it make no difference

I stop the world, world stop...

Carry on

tumblr_mrlvfoG66g1s3xbimo1_500.gif
  • Upvote 1

Right?!?! Im saying it's almost a complement to her that she had the most successful album of the year until the 4th quarter (bigger complement to Taylor ofcourse) but I don't get the hostility.....

AND YES, his records on track to do really good, lets pray for a Christmas miracle like he gets him some new teefs....and that D'Angelo looks the way he did in 2000

There's no hostility. It's just funny how she was brought up when the articles don't mention her.

J Cole was not a surprise release. J Cole announced his date almost a month in advance. If you're not calling Beyonce a legitimate surprise release then neither is D'Angelo. D'Angelo also released snippets of some of this songs in January - so no he was not completely out of the spotlight. He promoted the albums cryptically on the 10th...announced the release on the 12th and released it on the 15th. NONE of the Beyonce songs that leaked made it to the album except a minute of Bow Down Bitches which she ended up changing anyway. If you want to count Grown Woman even though it's not even a bonus track then sure go ahead with that reach. But neither of those two changes the fact that the album was a surprise. D'Angelo basically used the same formulae so to call his legitimate and Beyonce illegitimate is just stupid. There's no such thing as a legitimate surprise. It's either a surprise or not. You can keep telling yourself the lies to make you feel better that Beyonce did something first. Beyonce was the first surprise release. That is a simple fact. People can claim David Bowie, Radiohead and others did it before her but none of them were surprises. None of them just put the music out there with no announcement. 

'Yeezus', Kanye West

Release Date: June 18th, 2013

Announcements:

May 19th, 2013

May 20th 2013

May 31st, 2013

'In Rainbows', Radiohead

Release Date: October 10th, 2007

Announcements:

September 30th, 2007

October 1st, 2007

'The Next Day', David Bowie

Release Date: March 8th, 2013

iTunes Preview: March 1st, 2013

Announcements:

January 8th,2013

January 8th, 2013

'The King of Limbs', Radiohead

Release Date: February 18th, 2011

Announcements:

February 14th, 2011

All announced before it was released. It's not a surprise when we know what day it's coming. If anyone did genuinely release an album without announcing it before Dec 13th 2013, then I'm sorry they didn't make it relevant. 

I'll Give you that by my definition, NOBODY listed has what I call a legit surprise release but you need to know that, SHE WAS NOT THE FIRST TO DO A SURPRISE RELEASE I've been debating this since she pulled the stunt, Surprise releases for a popular artist go back to the 60's (or higher, it happened so much in the 60's I stopped going back, but hell even Sade has released an album MONTHS before releasing the 1st single). Hell it was done by a rap group the same year as Bey did it. She does not get the title of the 1st to do it, note that of most legit publications who post about her doing it, how many call her the 1st to ever do it at all (with no announcement or official 1st single). And are we really pretending if any of those duds released before the album that are now classic cases of "buzz singles" were hits on hot 100 that they wouldn't be on the albums or 1st singles? I don't know why we're rehashing a year old debate anyway.

There's no hostility. It's just funny how she was brought up when the articles don't mention her.

It's because it's a legitimate accomplishment tho that directly involves her.

You've been practically wooing me all last year with your President Timberlaker attacks  :lol:

Yeah.. Bu will never be the same after what you did to him  -_-

:asham:

Whatchu Talkin Bout Gamis?

I'll Give you that by my definition, NOBODY listed has what I call a legit surprise release but you need to know that, SHE WAS NOT THE FIRST TO DO A SURPRISE RELEASE I've been debating this since she pulled the stunt, Surprise releases for a popular artist go back to the 60's (or higher, it happened so much in the 60's I stopped going back, but hell even Sade has released an album MONTHS before releasing the 1st single). Hell it was done by a rap group the same year as Bey did it. She does not get the title of the 1st to do it, note that of most legit publications who post about her doing it, how many call her the 1st to ever do it at all (with no announcement or official 1st single). And are we really pretending if any of those duds released before the album that are now classic cases of "buzz singles" were hits on hot 100 that they wouldn't be on the albums or 1st singles? I don't know why we're rehashing a year old debate anyway.

It's because it's a legitimate accomplishment tho that directly involves her.

:asham:

Whatchu Talkin Bout Gamis?

No one cares about YOUR definition of what a surprise album is. A Surprise album is exactly that...an album that was a surprise. 

surprise
səˈprʌɪz/
noun

1. 1. an unexpected or astonishing event, fact, etc.

We're not talking about singles released AFTER the surprise. None of those leaks were released as singles. None.

No shade but can you Facebook me all these surprise albums because I don't know of any prior to Beyonce's. Remember that none of them should have an announcement of it's release. Like I said:

"If anyone did genuinely release an album without announcing it before Dec 13th 2013, then I'm sorry they didn't make it relevant."

I can live with her not being the first to do it just like I can live with my other faves not being the first to do something such as with MJ not being the first to do the moonwalk or the first black artist on MTV, or Mariah not being the first to popularise rap as a feature on Fantasy, even though all of those are the ones that made it relevant. I'll leave Janet out of that one because I don't want a warning point :lmao:. I'm totally fine with my faves not being the first because at least they're recognised as the ones that made it relevant. Google "Pull a Beyonce". You'll see no one mentions "Pulled a [insert 60s album]". Surprise album released will forever be linked to Beyonce just like the moonwalk is linked to MJ and bridging the gap between pop & rap/hip-hop is linked to Mariah etc. 

We're only rehashing it cause you wanted to be messy using the word "illegitimate". You started it :rolleyes::lol:

PS let's not with "legit publications" when you and your LP fans are the one that ran with that "25 reasons Beyonce is overrated" article as if it was Time or Q or the Rolling Stones :lmao:. That's when the word hypocrisy comes in.

Beyonce isn't the first in many things.. Bu you should know that

I know, bitch :rolleyes:. But she's the first on some of these folks minds when someone achieves something 

beyonce-thank-you-gif.gif

Not even at stealing ... 

ibCFR7sGNFcb.gif

How about we focus less on Beyonce's stealing and focus more on you giving me that Madonna album you stole. My PM boz is waiting

ibCFR7sGNFcb.gif

No one cares about YOUR definition of what a surprise album is. A Surprise album is exactly that...an album that was a surprise.

surprise

səˈprʌɪz/

noun

• 1. an unexpected or astonishing event, fact, etc.

We're not talking about singles released AFTER the surprise. None of those leaks were released as singles. None.

No shade but can you Facebook me all these surprise albums because I don't know of any prior to Beyonce's. Remember that none of them should have an announcement of it's release. Like I said:

"If anyone did genuinely release an album without announcing it before Dec 13th 2013, then I'm sorry they didn't make it relevant."

I can live with her not being the first to do it just like I can live with my other faves not being the first to do something such as with MJ not being the first to do the moonwalk or the first black artist on MTV, or Mariah not being the first to popularise rap as a feature on Fantasy, even though all of those are the ones that made it relevant. I'll leave Janet out of that one because I don't want a warning point :lmao:. I'm totally fine with my faves not being the first because at least they're recognised as the ones that made it relevant. Google "Pull a Beyonce". You'll see no one mentions "Pulled a [insert 60s album]". Surprise album released will forever be linked to Beyonce just like the moonwalk is linked to MJ and bridging the gap between pop & rap/hip-hop is linked to Mariah etc.

We're only rehashing it cause you wanted to be messy using the word "illegitimate". You started it :rolleyes::lol:.

PS let's not with "legit publications" when you and your LP fans are the one that ran with that "25 reasons Beyonce is overrated" article as if it was Time or Q or the Rolling Stones :lmao:. That's when the word hypocrisy comes in.

Bu it's too much being done on this topic. The problem is with the definition, she was expected. The definition holds no purpose to this. is someone who wants a surprise party, asks for a surprise party, and then gets a surprise party BUT it's not where they expected to be surprised or who they expected to show up...that to me is what I call a illegitimate surprise, vs. Not being aware at all. WE ALL knew Bey was coming with a official release....did we expect the full album, did we expect 17 videos no, but we expected her to drop any day all year lol come on...ALL YEAR, we heard from the producers, we caught her shooting videos thanks to TMZ, it's no official announcement but it's not exactly quiet.

We settled it on FB....I guess lol.

But yea like I said on FB, that's OK too I guess, when you put it like that, I correct people who think Mike invented the moonwalk, and MC was the bridge of pop & rap. So just like I correct it for those, I'll be correcting it for Bey, it's how I roll..

That was simple light shade dear, it wasn't meant to actually be anything but lol

Well we've already had this discussion, I consider what she did a surprise release but a illegitimate 1 because we all knew she was coming, and she was promoting herself all year & had songs "leaking" left & right, in my eyes a legit surrprise release is being COMPLETELY out of the spotlight and dropping an album (ala J.Cole & D'Angelo or other artists who've done this before), that's how I see it, you don't have to lol Im not saying that's a factual thing it's very much my opinion....I don't get why I'd be "mad" seeing as how it's the 1st time in SO long she's done a mostly solid album that she seemingly actually put some effort into. And the sad thing is they'll be giving her the wrong credit as usual nowdays. Ha lies  :coffee:

Oop! I like how they made this thread about Beyonce when it wasn't lol. They could've looked past it like everybody else did. The focus was on J. Cole and Taylor. The first responses to this thread are proof :)

I don't know if y'all playing slow or what but Jarryl already explained to y'all the sole fact of why Beyonce was ONLY MENTIONED IN THE TITLE of the thread. It's because she HAD the best selling album of the year. It could've been Rihanna, Katy Perry, Miley, or whoever and the title would've had their name instead of Beyonce's. You got it yet or nah? If not then I can't help you. Like I said if she was on my mind i'd be in her threads and constantly shading her. If it makes y'all feel better to think she's on my mind then go ahead lol. Not my problem

Oop! I like how they made this thread about Beyonce when it wasn't lol. They could've looked past it like everybody else did. The focus was on J. Cole and Taylor. The first responses to this thread are proof :)

I don't know if y'all playing slow or what but Jarryl already explained to y'all the sole fact of why Beyonce was ONLY MENTIONED IN THE TITLE of the thread. It's because she HAD the best selling album of the year. It could've been Rihanna, Katy Perry, Miley, or whoever and the title would've had their name instead of Beyonce's. You got it yet or nah? If not then I can't help you. Like I said if she was on my mind i'd be in her threads and constantly shading her. If it makes y'all feel better to think she's on my mind then go ahead lol. Not my problem

Everybody else? LOL chile please we're the only fucking members on the forums nowadays :lmao: :lmao:! The third response was about Beyonce as was the 4th and thus it started.. 

Bu it's too much being done on this topic. The problem is with the definition, she was expected. The definition holds no purpose to this. is someone who wants a surprise party, asks for a surprise party, and then gets a surprise party BUT it's not where they expected to be surprised or who they expected to show up...that to me is what I call a illegitimate surprise, vs. Not being aware at all. WE ALL knew Bey was coming with a official release....did we expect the full album, did we expect 17 videos no, but we expected her to drop any day all year lol come on...ALL YEAR, we heard from the producers, we caught her shooting videos thanks to TMZ, it's no official announcement but it's not exactly quiet.

We settled it on FB....I guess lol.

But yea like I said on FB, that's OK too I guess, when you put it like that, I correct people who think Mike invented the moonwalk, and MC was the bridge of pop & rap. So just like I correct it for those, I'll be correcting it for Bey, it's how I roll..

That was simple light shade dear, it wasn't meant to actually be anything but lol

Too much is being done on this topic because you keep trying to discredit the surprise of it which is plain stupid. Yeah we settled the "first" thing on FB but the fact you still don't see why it was a surprise release is pathetic. By that lil 'example' and what you said that means that D'Angelo was also expected. Thom Yorke was also expected. So I guess they weren't surprise releases either. By your wack logic no one has ever done a surprise release. FACT: NO ONE knew she was releasing an album on Dec 13th. FACT: NO ONE was clear as to when the album was coming. FACT: NO ONE knew exactly what she was filming due to everything being rumours and because some sources claimed she was filming endorsements (Toyota being one of them). Each and every one of you (and even her fans such as myself) were dragging her for not releasing anything and some of you claimed she was "too scared". And you were all left gob-smacked come Dec 13th. It was a fucking surprise release whether YOU agree or not. What YOU think constitutes as a surprise release does not matter nor does it change the fact that it was a surprise. There's no legitimate or illegitimate about it. I'm not repeating myself over and over. I'm sorry you're wrong. 

• Upvote 4