J. Cole hits no.1 on the Billboard 200 album charts meanwhile Taylor has already outsold Beyonce.

JoeJoe

Too much is being done on this topic because you keep trying to discredit the surprise of it which is plain stupid. Yeah we settled the "first" thing on FB but the fact you still don't see why it was a surprise release is pathetic. By that lil 'example' and what you said that means that D'Angelo was also expected. Thom Yorke was also expected. So I guess they weren't surprise releases either. By your wack logic no one has ever done a surprise release. FACT: NO ONE knew she was releasing an album on Dec 13th. FACT: NO ONE was clear as to when the album was coming. FACT: NO ONE knew exactly what she was filming due to everything being rumours and because some sources claimed she was filming endorsements (Toyota being one of them). Each and every one of you (and even her fans such as myself) were dragging her for not releasing anything and some of you claimed she was "too scared". And you were all left gob-smacked come Dec 13th. It was a fucking surprise release whether YOU agree or not. What YOU think constitutes as a surprise release does not matter nor does it change the fact that it was a surprise. There's no legitimate or illegitimate about it. I'm not repeating myself over and over. I'm sorry you're wrong.

Some of you need to read this over and over until it sinks in. Print it out and frame it. Stick it on your fridge. DEAL.

• Upvote 1

J. Cole may not have the whitest teeth (see "Crooked Smile"), but he's a great rapper and that's what where it counts. B) He already addressed the subject in "Crooked Smile" anyway...

A perfect smile is more appealing but it's funny how

My sh!t is crooked look at how far I done got without it

I keep my twisted grill, just to show the kids it's real

We ain't picture perfect but we worth the picture still

(Maybe from a health standpoint, I get it lol ~ but I still support the general message.)

J. Cole may not have the whitest teeth (see "Crooked Smile"), but he's a great rapper and that's what where it counts. B) He already addressed the subject in "Crooked Smile" anyway...

(Maybe from a health standpoint, I get it lol ~ but still I support the general message.)

Is it a good album? I need to check it out. 

Yeah I'd say so ~ great flow, subject matter, and the production is on point.

So many great albums have come out this year and I've not been able to check them out. Looks like I'll be playing catch up this Christmas lol

Taylors album outselling Bey's deserves a mention, because until Taylor's Bey's was easily going to be the 2nd most successful album of the year, and Taylor snatched it in just 2-3 months, it's a relative topic it's not like bringing her out of nowhere. It's just apart of Taylors rampant slayage is all, no biggie guys. (on both sides of this really) like did we not see this coming?

Congrats to J.Cole tho, Im very impressed with him & D'Angelo's legitimate surprise releases, especially D, I thought he completely hung it up.

shade-vfx-post.jpg:cheers:  :cheers:  :cheers:

I feel the same way. I've been discovering more good stuff in the last month or so (a lot of it from TE's top 50 list).

I need to properly explore his list :lol:! I need to stop playing the same albums over and over and expand a little. 

:lol: What I did was play the 1:30 snippet in the background while reading his descriptions. Then if I loved it enough, I'd go play the full version.

Good idea :lol:. I'll have to do that because I remember there were a few I hadn't heard before. 

Too much is being done on this topic because you keep trying to discredit the surprise of it which is plain stupid. Yeah we settled the "first" thing on FB but the fact you still don't see why it was a surprise release is pathetic. By that lil 'example' and what you said that means that D'Angelo was also expected. Thom Yorke was also expected. So I guess they weren't surprise releases either. By your wack logic no one has ever done a surprise release. FACT: NO ONE knew she was releasing an album on Dec 13th. FACT: NO ONE was clear as to when the album was coming. FACT: NO ONE knew exactly what she was filming due to everything being rumours and because some sources claimed she was filming endorsements (Toyota being one of them). Each and every one of you (and even her fans such as myself) were dragging her for not releasing anything and some of you claimed she was "too scared". And you were all left gob-smacked come Dec 13th. It was a fucking surprise release whether YOU agree or not. What YOU think constitutes as a surprise release does not matter nor does it change the fact that it was a surprise. There's no legitimate or illegitimate about it. I'm not repeating myself over and over. I'm sorry you're wrong.

No no, I'm sorry that my opinion that you swear means nothing or is dumb (which is your opinion) somehow bothered you enough to draw a dash of shade from my perspective into a long standing debate, like damn your doing alot of nothing for whats simply a opinion you simply don't agree with. All the time on topics it's said in defense or disagreement "your opinion means nothing", yet here we are...all this for a opinion that means apparently nothing, like the title of the 1 solid Destinys Child album (uh oh now will that "meaningless"opinion start a 2+ page debate?) The Writings On The Walls. And you're showing you missed the part where I said since I didn't know Dangelo did promote the songs from the album on his tour and apparently announced it he doesn't qualify my definition of a legitimate surprise either....so why you're bringing that up....idk. I mean seriously THIS much over the word "legitimately", I'm sorry it bothered you so much, but the fact remains cut & dry it was a surprise, just 1 that wasnt 100% unexpected, if you honestly think it was then I'm sorry you're wrong..and if it works for you, beautiful.

Welp, I for one was "gob-smacked" when "that digital dropped." I remember this flamboyant-ish guy running through campus right after the announcement and me thinking "Is he running to get that new Beyonce -- or is he running to catch Scandal?!?"  I came to the conclusion it was probably both - because, slay -- and I don't even be championing Bey the thief like that.

No no, I'm sorry that my opinion that you swear means nothing or is dumb (which is your opinion) somehow bothered you enough to draw a dash of shade from my perspective into a long standing debate, like damn your doing alot of nothing for whats simply a opinion you simply don't agree with. All the time on topics it's said in defense or disagreement "your opinion means nothing", yet here we are...all this for a opinion that means apparently nothing, like the title of the 1 solid Destinys Child album (uh oh now will that "meaningless"opinion start a 2+ page debate?) The Writings On The Walls. And you're showing you missed the part where I said since I didn't know Dangelo did promote the songs from the album on his tour and apparently announced it he doesn't qualify my definition of a legitimate surprise either....so why you're bringing that up....idk. I mean seriously THIS much over the word "legitimately", I'm sorry it bothered you so much, but the fact remains cut & dry it was a surprise, just 1 that wasnt 100% unexpected, if you honestly think it was then I'm sorry you're wrong..and if it works for you, beautiful.

It doesn't matter what your definition is. A surprise is a surprise. Legitimate doesn't come into it. I'm sorry such a simple concept is difficult for you to grasp. I'm right. You're wrong. Still luh you tho.

:)

It doesn't matter what your definition is. A surprise is a surprise. Legitimate doesn't come into it. I'm sorry such a simple concept is difficult for you to grasp. I'm right. You're wrong. Still luh you tho.

:)

It's not about my definition, I mean basically when did I say it wasn't 1 at all (thus how could I be wrong?...hypothetical), I just think theres different kinds of surprises, goes from my own experience & perspectives, theres really no right or wrong about it except saying all surprises are exactly the same. We're so not going to see the other as "right". But at the end of the day the last sentence is true, and should be the end of it. :)

It's not about my definition, I mean basically when did I say it wasn't 1 at all (thus how could I be wrong?...hypothetical), I just think theres different kinds of surprises, goes from my own experience & perspectives, theres really no right or wrong about it except saying all surprises are exactly the same. We're so not going to see the other as "right". But at the end of the day the last sentence is true, and should be the end of it. :)

The hell we are. But yeah the last sentence >>>

Tis the season to be jolly lol

Listen
History repeats itself and that's just how it goes
Same way that these rappers always bite each others flows
Same thing that my nigga Elvis did with Rock n Roll
Justin Timberlake, Eminem, and then Macklemore
While silly niggas argue over who gone snatch the crown
Look around my nigga white people have snatched the sound
This year I’ll prolly go to the awards dappered down
Watch Iggy win a Grammy as I try to crack a smile
I'm just playin', but all good jokes contain true shit