Stevie Wonder vs Michael Jackson vs Prince

T.C

:umm: .............makin me have to compare 3 musical geniuses...

Most Talented?
1. - Michael
2. - Prince
3. - Stevie 

Best Music
1. - Stevie
2. - Michael
3. - Prince

(That was WAY harder than I thought, but frankly I can see that switching up for me alot, but I went for all 3 of their 1st album to their most recents...ugh)

Your Preference?
1. - Michael
2. - Stevie
3. - Prince

Most Talented:

1. Michael ha dancing makes him superior since he can also sing and play piano like Stevie

2. Stevie - ha voice and piano skills

3. Prince ha shade and guitar skills but messy voice at times imo.

Best Music - this is the hardest because Stevie doesn't have a Dirty Diana as far as I know and MJ doesn't have a Moon Blue.

1. Stevie for Visions alone

2. MJ ha iconic music

3. Prince could be higher but she has sooooooooooo many dud albums it's not even funny

My preference:

1. MJ

2. Stevie

3. Prince

• Upvote 1

Yea for me, Michael's performance/dance talent makes up for both Prince & Stevie being 1 man bands. I've said before of Prince & Michael, personally I think Prince is my guy for vocals only because of the range of fuckin high & low he can go,and how he can not even sound like him, but all in all, all 3 have great ranges imo. And you're right about the duds, personally after his Greatest Hit's album in 93, down hill, and  he released ALOT but, of that LOT only a handfull to me are memorable/good to me. Since Musicology in 04 he's gotten ALOT better with giving more "classic" Prince.

Yea for me, Michael's performance/dance talent makes up for both Prince & Stevie being 1 man bands. I've said before of Prince & Michael, personally I think Prince is my guy for vocals only because of the range of fuckin high & low he can go,and how he can not even sound like him, but all in all, all 3 have great ranges imo. And you're right about the duds, personally after his Greatest Hit's album in 93, down hill, and  he released ALOT but, of that LOT only a handfull to me are memorable/good to me. Since Musicology in 04 he's gotten ALOT better with giving more "classic" Prince.

Exactly. if Prince didn't have so many misses in his discography he'd be higher up. Stevie doesn't have a bad album at all nor does MJ (I even love the 4 mixtapes pre Off The Wall). 

Most Talented?

1. - Stevie by a large margin. He is a multi instrumentalist, vocal powerhouse, and by far the best songwriter of the 3.

2. - Prince. Multi instrumentalist, Okay voice.

3. - Michael. Above average voice and an amazing performer. Didn't have the musicianship of the other two though.

Best Music

1. - Stevie. He has the most acclaim, consistensy and classic albums of the three. Also can be argued he had the most classic singles too. His 1970's streak can only be compared to the Beatles who dominated a decade before IMO.

2. - Prince. To be honest, most of his discography is a dud, but 1999, Purple Rain and Sign O The Times are great

3. - Michael. Can only listen to Thriller from start to finish, his albums just don't do it for me.

Your Preference?

1. - Stevie

2. - Prince

3. - Michael

• Upvote 1

The Ultimate Male Artist Trilogy :thumbup:

Most Talented (This is hard to answer because they were each super talented in different ways, but here goes...)
1. Michael Jackson - All 3 can sing, write, and produce, but I give MJ 1st for his incredible showmanship and for revolutionizing the music video.
2. Stevie Wonder - He and Prince are multi-instruments, but he takes 2nd over him for his vocal ability.
3. Prince - Nobody else beats him though lol.

Best Music
1. Michael Jackson - I'd say the most consistent discography of the three. His style was naturally diverse and his themes were universal.
2. Prince - His 80s period is exceptional (+ the overlooked Gold Experience). He was the most experimental of the three ~ sometimes it didn't work, but I can't fault him for trying lol.
3. Stevie Wonder - Nobody in the 70s was touching him ~ undoubtedly his classic period (+ Hotter Than July I'd argue). Again, no one else beats him lol.

My Preference
1. Michael Jackson
2. Prince
3. Stevie Wonder

Most Talented?
1. - Stevie - obviously; the most vocally and musically gifted of the three; great vocalist, songwriter, producer, composer, and arranger; virtuoso vocalist
2. - Mini Me - multi-instrumentalist and good song writer
3. - MJ - great dancer

Best Music
1. - Stevie - once again, more than obvious; not only the virtuosity and creativity of it, but how it has influenced those who came after him;  you hear Stevie in Mini Me and MJ, not the other way around; a testament of Stevie's musical genius
2/3 - Mini Me and MJ pretty much tie here; neither is better than the other imo

Your Preference?
1. - Stevie 
2. - MJ
3. - Mini Me