TLC wants your money to fund new album...

bu.

TLC is working on their last album ever, but they can’t do it on their own. They want your help! By “help” we mean money.

T-Boz and Chilli are depending on the kindness and generosity of their fans to help produce their final release with a Kickstarter campaign.

It’s not that the ladies are pressed for cash. They want their supporters to be a bigger part of their fifth release. “This is about our fans getting involved,” Chilli explained in a statement.

“At this point we’ve got the fans who have been with us since day one” T-Boz added. “With this album on Kickstarter we can bring them all together as our collaborators. I can’t think of a better way to create our last album.”

Donations start $5, and that gets backers a chance to communicate with TLC directly and a Kickstarter-exclusive track. From their rewards just get more amazing the more you donate. Depending on how much you give you can get VIP concert tickets, a spot in a fitness class with Chilli or some of T-Boz’s costumes.

The campaign starts on January 19, so start getting your coins together now!

===========================

http://chicagodefender.com/2015/01/18/tlc-turns-to-kickstarter-to-fund-final-album/

Wow.  I've never heard of an artist asking fans to fund their album.  Do we get profits from the sales since we will also be investors. I don't get why they can't just go into a studio somewhere record some songs and release it on iTunes or on their website independently. Regular people do that all the time. 

Eh....it kinda makes sense, I mean they've had behind the scenes/label drama for every album except the 1st 2, I too thought "why not just rent a studio pick up some new producers, and knock it out", but since they want all of their hitmaking producers on board (YOU KNOW Kandi don't do free favors no more LOFL), that and the promo will probably (hopefully) be the reason this is necessary. And we KNOW they don't have the money like that to fund for quality work/producers/promo Eh Im backing them (literally & figuratively) I need more good music in existence, I'd be shocked if this didn't flop, but eh, it's not like they still have to earn the "most successful U.S. Girl Group" title, they got that after album 3, their legacy is set in stone already, it's a cool way to connect with the fans with the whole process.

• Upvote 2

I need more good music in existence, I'd be shocked if this didn't flop, but eh, it's not like they still have to earn the "most successful U.S. Girl Group" title, they got that after album 3, their legacy is set in stone already, it's a cool way to connect with the fans with the whole process.

1) TLC hasn't made good music in YEARS

2) it will flop.

3) This harms their legacy. This and those reality shows

2) it will flop.

1. Literally 2 years, Meant To Be

2.....................annnnnnnnd? LOFL

3. Not really, does it take their 65mil albums sold down to 25mil? It doesn't make them any less of a Legend. It jus is a lessor move but it's not hurting them like it would a Icon or newbie trying to get to Legendary.

As long as these living legends give us new music, I'm good :thumbup:

Preach it!

Santa Christ

Motherfucker, do you watch The Nostalgia Critic?

1. Literally 2 years, Meant To Be

2.....................annnnnnnnd? LOFL

3. Not really, does it take their 65mil albums sold down to 25mil? It doesn't make them any less of a Legend. It jus is a lessor move but it's not hurting them like it would a Icon or newbie trying to get to Legendary.

Preach it!

Motherfucker, do you watch The Nostalgia Critic?

1) :asham: that song played on my iPhone like 2 hours ago (on shuffle)

2) :lmao:

3) it hurts their legacy. Not their album sales

4) someone said that to me the other day :lol:

1) :asham: that song played on my iPhone like 2 hours ago (on shuffle)

2) :lmao:

3) it hurts their legacy. Not their album sales

4) someone said that to me the other day :lol:

You're Welcome! :shifty:

Eh but really they've had & done ALOT to potentially hurt their legacy...but their good overshadows it

LOL Yea that's a character he has on his show lol. I love that name/character/concept

2) it will flop.

The are u that girl show was ok but it would not have hurt them to do an album when their biopic came out along with a reality show of behind the scenes making of it.  They will not get any hotter than they were when that movie came out.  They could have done the last album then. LA Reid dropped the ball.

The are u that girl show was ok but it would not have hurt them to do an album when their biopic came out along with a reality show of behind the scenes making of it.  They will not get any hotter than they were when that movie came out.  They could have done the last album then. LA Reid dropped the ball.

MAJORLY, he especially dropped the ball not making Meant To Be an official single, EVERYBODY loved that song, stores were playing that song, but where the video? where the promo? Nowhere because it wasn't a official single, that is some dumb shit. I guess that's the harm of when a Legend does lessor things, it does make their business bosses underestimate their power, like I'd strongly bet that's why Meant To Be didn't get an official release with all the promo, because they didn't think it'd do anything I guess. So I never thought about it like that.

But that's another reason this campaign is a plus, they get to make sure, probably more than ever before, that the money they're getting gets to be speant properly on this project in every way.

Wow.  I've never heard of an artist asking fans to fund their album.  Do we get profits from the sales since we will also be investors. I don't get why they can't just go into a studio somewhere record some songs and release it on iTunes or on their website independently. Regular people do that all the time. 

TLC continues to tarnish their legacy by doing shit like this. I don't understand them. This is a hasbeen move and they seem to be comfortable in that, that's the sad part.

But y'all gotta understand ain't nobody trying to sign no girl group to no record deal when they in they 30s or even 40s

Please stop.  TLC died once Lisa died.  I wish they would find other avenues of getting money.

No lies told lol

Exactly! They should've done a new album when the movie came out since it put them in the headlines again.

Was just listening to "Hey Hey Hey Hey..." from the 3D album and realized how underrated their "final" album was. Those throwaway 16 bar verses from Left Eye (except the one on Girl Talk) were trash though. I think they have one more album in them, but I'd prefer Chilli sing lead on most like w/ Fanmail. Her voice has only gotten stronger w/ age/