TLC wants your money to fund new album...

bu.

You're Welcome! :shifty:

Eh but really they've had & done ALOT to potentially hurt their legacy...but their good overshadows it

LOL Yea that's a character he has on his show lol. I love that name/character/concept

That was prior to you mentioning it :rolleyes: That song goes hard tho

T & C need to just stop tho.. That's like Kelly & Michelle going out and doing an album together... Will this hurt the group's legacies? No.. But individually.. it looks desperate and sad

:asham: I have no idea what show you're referring to 

Exactly! They should've done a new album when the movie came out since it put them in the headlines again.

I think they had every single intention to but label fuckups didn't let it happen.

That was prior to you mentioning it :rolleyes: That song goes hard tho

T & C need to just stop tho.. That's like Kelly & Michelle going out and doing an album together... Will this hurt the group's legacies? No.. But individually.. it looks desperate and sad

:asham: I have no idea what show you're referring to 

Suuuuuuuure :shifty: , And yes the hell it does

Bad example tho, TLC are equals, they needed Lisa as much as they need T-Boz. There is NO Destiny's Child without Bey, impossible. But the thing about TC is they make it work, they showed ever since album 1 they can have good songs without Lisa (and some without T-Boz on lead  & some without Chilli on lead) they aren't dependant on 1 member for quality, but yea I think it's a good call to at least give it 1 more go, and go out with a bang of sort.

Really funny internet show lol The Nostalgia Critic

Destiny's Child will never be better than them

:yep:  

UPDATE:

f7fac208af51c390a3f98e2fa6dc97056c660d54

TLC members Chilli “Rozonda” Thomas and Tionne “T-Boz” Watkins are thankful and humbled their Kickstarter campaign to fund the recording of their fifth album surpassed its $150,000 goal in just four days.

"We feel highly favored and blessed and loved," Chilli tells Yahoo Music about the crowd-sourcing initiative that launched Monday. "It makes us feel good that these people can believe in us and know that this can happen."

As of Thursday afternoon, the effort had topped $180,000, $30,000 above the goal. Fans can continue to make pledges for the next 27 days.

It is one of Kickstarter’s most successful music campaigns. “TLC’s success on Kickstarter is a measure of the heart they’ve put into it — the outpouring of love for their fans is incredible, the rewards are meaningful, and the behind the scenes updates are compelling,” company spokesman Justin Kazmark said in a statement to Yahoo Music. “In just four days, their project’s become one of the most funded and anticipated music projects on Kickstarter to date.”

It's gonna be sad when it flops.

No it's not, at this point, do you really think their aiming for 1995 #'s and I damn sure don't think any or many fan are counting on those numbers, this is clearly about & for the fans.It'd only be sad if it still doesn't happen or if it's not good.

It's not hating if it's the truth :coffee:

But it's not so it's hating boo  :coffee:

No it's not, at this point, do you really think their aiming for 1995 #'s and I damn sure don't think any or many fan are counting on those numbers, this is clearly about & for the fans.It'd only be sad if it still doesn't happen or if it's not good.

But it's not so it's hating boo :coffee:

So are you saying it won't flop or it can't flop?

So are you saying it won't flop or it can't flop?

I'm saying nobody who's interested in this project cares if it flops or not, And I don't know where you got "it won't" or "it can't" I don't recall saying that or implying that so I don't get where you got that from lol. I don't care what it does, my expectations are that it won't do better than 3D, that's all, and take that for what it is, Im (and again I think most people) aren't counting on this to do CSC 1995 numbers at all, the concern isn't there.

• Upvote 1

But it's not so it's hating boo  :coffee:

When I say "flop" I mean 2014's flop.. 70k first week.. 200k overall.. Not #1 on Billboard kinda thing.. It would be foolish to think TC can reach TLC greatness by themselves.. 

That's like expecting Kelly & Michelle to hit it big with a collaboration album :asham:

That being said

I'm saying nobody who's interested in this project cares if it flops or not, And I don't know where you got "it won't" or "it can't" I don't recall saying that or implying that so I don't get where you got that from lol. I don't care what it does, my expectations are that it won't do better than 3D, that's all, and take that for what it is, Im (and again I think most people) aren't counting on this to do CSC 1995 numbers at all, the concern isn't there.

Not sure what you mean by that... It doesn't honestly answer my question. In today's day and age and without a first single, Do you think it will flop or not? 

Examples of Flops: jLo, Ashanti, Ciara, Backstreet Boys (post 2005), Britney Spears' Britney Jo, etc 

As a fan of TLC, I supported them over the years like so many here. I can now say I pledged to their kickstarter campaign.... :)  I really wish them nothing but success in what they do, and I hope they give the fans an album the fans can appreciate. I did like "Meant to Be"....it was a good song. As of tonight, with over 2100 backers, TLC has raised  $216,784 dollars,  the group has received over 144% of their original stated goal. :w00t:

As a fan of TLC, I supported them over the years like so many here. I can now say I pledged to their kickstarter campaign.... :)  I really wish them nothing but success in what they do, and I hope they give the fans an album the fans can appreciate. I did like "Meant to Be"....it was a good song. As of tonight, with over 2100 backers, TLC has raised  $216,784 dollars,  the group has received over 144% of their original stated goal. :w00t:

First week sales :lmao:

That's awesome that those two found success at begging the internet for money instead of having a real career. Its even cuter when her fans think this is a bragging right "____ panhandled over $200,000 in NYC over the weekend" is the same thing as what TLC is doing.

anigif_enhanced-2708-1392836957-32_zpsda

• Upvote 1

When I say "flop" I mean 2014's flop.. 70k first week.. 200k overall.. Not #1 on Billboard kinda thing.. It would be foolish to think TC can reach TLC greatness by themselves..

That's like expecting Kelly & Michelle to hit it big with a collaboration album :asham:

That being said

Not sure what you mean by that... It doesn't honestly answer my question. In today's day and age and without a first single, Do you think it will flop or not?

Examples of Flops: jLo, Ashanti, Ciara, Backstreet Boys (post 2005), Britney Spears' Britney Jo, etc

Oh that'd be fine with me. But unlike Kelly & Michelle the group is capable of making good music without Lisa being required. I mean seriously, they are more successful as a duo than Kelly & Michelle ever could be, and it's honestly because no member had a bigger role than the other in terms of their success, from beginning to end. And that can't be said for DC, & I love Kelly & love Michelle's personality, but it's the truth, they can't be compaired as duos. Hell I'd seriously doubt Kelly & Michelle could pull off this move as fast & successfully if they had to.

But none of the examples are Legends except Backstreet boys, the rest NEED the sales/hits/popularity. TLC & Backstreet boys don't, their legacies are set, Backstreet boys are the most successful boy band of all time......until their beat by like One Direction or someone else, that's their title that they've had for years now. But assuming it wouldn't have a 1st single (because Im kinda doubting it won't have a 1st single for the reason they never said if it would or wouldn't), and if it didn't keep up momentum and promo over the duration of the making of the album, and assuming it's independent I'd say it's likely to get anywhere for 20-50k. But then again it's way too early to say, and in actuality because most of the doners are taking the deals where we're actually paying for the album, and with so much time for more to buy copies, for a album that from what we can tell off of the little information we have hasn't even been recorded yet.

But if this positive press & promo their getting keeps up and the music & singles & videos are on point, who knows what the results can be, again even 100K is setting the bar a bit high, but they've had the odds against them with every single album they've done, and they came out fine with all of them.

I love how on day 1 we were all mostly making jokes and throwing shade about this, but once them numbers started rising, by like day 3 when they met the goal, it seems most people and the world were happy about it and supporting the decision. I mean EVERYBODY knows or is talking about it, and unless someone is apart of the minority that doesn't like them or doesn't care, most of the jokes seem to have stopped or drastically thinned down, but the support is realll, like I've heard so much of their music this week, the last time they were this supported was with the bio-pic.

Oh that'd be fine with me. But unlike Kelly & Michelle the group is capable of making good music without Lisa being required. I mean seriously, they are more successful as a duo than Kelly & Michelle ever could be, and it's honestly because no member had a bigger role than the other in terms of their success, from beginning to end. And that can't be said for DC, & I love Kelly & love Michelle's personality, but it's the truth, they can't be compaired as duos. Hell I'd seriously doubt Kelly & Michelle could pull off this move as fast & successfully if they had to.

But none of the examples are Legends except Backstreet boys, the rest NEED the sales/hits/popularity. TLC & Backstreet boys don't, their legacies are set, Backstreet boys are the most successful boy band of all time......until their beat by like One Direction or someone else, that's their title that they've had for years now. But assuming it wouldn't have a 1st single (because Im kinda doubting it won't have a 1st single for the reason they never said if it would or wouldn't), and if it didn't keep up momentum and promo over the duration of the making of the album, and assuming it's independent I'd say it's likely to get anywhere for 20-50k. But then again it's way too early to say, and in actuality because most of the doners are taking the deals where we're actually paying for the album, and with so much time for more to buy copies, for a album that from what we can tell off of the little information we have hasn't even been recorded yet.

But if this positive press & promo their getting keeps up and the music & singles & videos are on point, who knows what the results can be, again even 100K is setting the bar a bit high, but they've had the odds against them with every single album they've done, and they came out fine with all of them.

How has TC been more successful as a duo than Grammy Award winning Kelly and Michelle who has out sold & out performed TC?

I'm pretty sure any hasbeen can start a kickstarter.. I'm pretty sure around 1400 people donated. I'm pretty sure begging for coins online isn't success if ANYONE can do it

They came out fine with all of them? They have 0 albums without Lisa and their last LP was in 1999 and that had Lisa

I love how on day 1 we were all mostly making jokes and throwing shade about this, but once them numbers started rising, by like day 3 when they met the goal, it seems most people and the world were happy about it and supporting the decision. I mean EVERYBODY knows or is talking about it, and unless someone is apart of the minority that doesn't like them or doesn't care, most of the jokes seem to have stopped or drastically thinned down, but the support is realll, like I've heard so much of their music this week, the last time they were this supported was with the bio-pic.

:lmao: you act like hundreds of thousands of people have given them free money.. It's still a joke regardless in how you try to spin this.. It will still flop and become apart of the dollar bin within 3 years of releasing at everyone's local WalMart

To think otherwise is too unrealistic. Look at their careers post-1999.. This is a clear sign of desperation. More than than that reality show to replace a key member

:lmao: you act like hundreds of thousands of people have given them free money.. It's still a joke regardless in how you try to spin this.. It will still flop and become apart of the dollar bin within 3 years of releasing at everyone's local WalMart

To think otherwise is too unrealistic. Look at their careers post-1999.. This is a clear sign of desperation. More than than that reality show to replace a key member

Im starting to get "Ice bucket" challenge teas, people are doing it to be a part of it....and in that sense it has become a popular moment in music, besides we need something in music to root for, and TLC has my support.

Im starting to get "Ice bucket" challenge teas, people are doing it to be a part of it....and in that sense it has become a popular moment in music, besides we need something in music to root for, and TLC has my support.

:lmao: root for? Y'all want to root for flops? That's like WANTING to be apart of the Cleveland Brown's cheerleading team bc the Cowboys's cheerleaders are too successful :lmao:

Have fun rooting for two desperate people who are trying to dismantle their legacy as a group.

It's not hate if it's true :coffee:

:lmao: root for? Y'all want to root for flops? That's like WANTING to be apart of the Cleveland Brown's cheerleading team bc the Cowboys's cheerleaders are too successful :lmao:

Have fun rooting for two desperate people who are trying to dismantle their legacy as a group.

It's not hate if it's true :coffee:

I'll take the bait sure :coffee: It was only rooting for a flop when it looked like it was some has-been idea. Now this campaign has taken on another level of promotion, the word is out, people are supporting, and they still have another 20 some odd days left to get more money. The flood gates have opened and TLC is receiving the out pouring of fan love, whether giving them money or not was a good idea, the fact remains they got it. Now this has built into a great promotion tool, because people have given to the project in it's infancy, now imagine the support that people might put in when the album is produced and released....they have the one thing every artists needs for a successful project, attention and anticipation. As far as social media goes, this is probably the most innovative form of creating a project and then releasing it, they gathered their supporters and fans, got people talking.....now you could crow all day and all night if this only received Katy Perry's $5,000 but that aint the case now, its only a bad look when the dollars dont come in, but we passed that now aren't we? :)