TLC wants your money to fund new album...

bu.

First week sales :lmao:

That's awesome that those two found success at begging the internet for money instead of having a real career. Its even cuter when her fans think this is a bragging right "____ panhandled over $200,000 in NYC over the weekend" is the same thing as what TLC is doing.

anigif_enhanced-2708-1392836957-32_zpsda

I had to hit like on this because you're so God damn comical Game :)

I'll take the bait sure :coffee: It was only rooting for a flop when it looked like it was some has-been idea. Now this campaign has taken on another level of promotion, the word is out, people are supporting, and they still have another 20 some odd days left to get more money. The flood gates have opened and TLC is receiving the out pouring of fan love, whether giving them money or not was a good idea, the fact remains they got it. Now this has built into a great promotion tool, because people have given to the project in it's infancy, now imagine the support that people might put in when the album is produced and released....they have the one thing every artists needs for a successful project, attention and anticipation. As far as social media goes, this is probably the most innovative form of creating a project and then releasing it, they gathered their supporters and fans, got people talking.....now you could crow all day and all night if this only received Katy Perry's $5,000 but that aint the case now, its only a bad look when the dollars dont come in, but we passed that now aren't we? :)

It's not promotion if it's a tacky. Doesn't matter if The word is out. It's going to perform horribly forever hurting TLC's legacy. They will be known as the group who sold themselves online. And for what? For who? Her fans have moved on.

It's tacky for celebs to beg the public for money

Awareness << Profits

How has TC been more successful as a duo than Grammy Award winning Kelly and Michelle who has out sold & out performed TC?

I'm pretty sure any hasbeen can start a kickstarter.. I'm pretty sure around 1400 people donated. I'm pretty sure begging for coins online isn't success if ANYONE can do it

They came out fine with all of them? They have 0 albums without Lisa and their last LP was in 1999 and that had Lisa

Easily, because the answer to that question is to ask you, what songs have Michelle & Kelly done, that had NO lead from Bey?................no no...I'll wait......No I won't, ZERO, vs.we have #1 songs without Lisa having a lead, we KNOW T-Boz & Chilli and that both could lead........we don't know Kelly & Michelle (especially) for doing the same and having any kind of success behind it. And stop lying with the out sold part & out performed part, I know you're reaching but that was a major fail, if you mean with DC, no DC's sales are behind them, or if you mean solo, still no 3D (the only TLC album as a duo) sold more than any solo Kelly or Michelle album to date. It's just a plain fact, more people care about the duo of T&C, than they would likely care about the duo of K&M

And you're wrong, their last LP was 2002. And this album will have her too according to them, so Im going to assume you didnt read any of what they said their doing, I mean you're saying "no singles"  :lmao:

:lmao: you act like hundreds of thousands of people have given them free money.. It's still a joke regardless in how you try to spin this.. It will still flop and become apart of the dollar bin within 3 years of releasing at everyone's local WalMart

To think otherwise is too unrealistic. Look at their careers post-1999.. This is a clear sign of desperation. More than than that reality show to replace a key member

Yea but nobody's really laughing...but you, it's no spinning about this LOFL. OH NO IT'LL FLOP!??!?  :lmao:  :lmao:  :lmao:  I don't think you're grasping how seriously that's not anyone who's talking about this concern unless they don't like them, again, there are so many more concerns about this than "Did it beat Meagan Tanner on the 200?" LOFL, please again, for legends, it's not that big of a deal, legends flop all the time ask Aretha, Gladys & Barbra :coffee:

Not really, if you think about it, most independent artists (including artists like them who were once on big labels and now independent) pretty much do the same things, and likely they'll be more successful than most

I'm gonna agree with Game on this one. As much as I love TLC I think it's low to ask for money from fans when they're living in big ass houses and i'm only a middle class citizen.

Um.....T-Boz got a Condo that looks like the average 2 story condo everywhere plus she had to file bankruptcy twice within the last 10 years thanks to her medical bills, my guess is her money might be better than the average fan of theirs but she's not exactly living in a big ass house , and Chili only likely has a big house because of them Dallas Austin child support checks. Their money isn't that great, plus it makes more sense to support the artist & era directly instead of a label. I'd rather them have the balls to do this, than to do a weak independent album on their own, with only their money and get the cheapest producers they can and churn out a album that makes 3D look like CSC.

Easily, because the answer to that question is to ask you, what songs have Michelle & Kelly done, that had NO lead from Bey?................no no...I'll wait......No I won't, ZERO, vs.we have #1 songs without Lisa having a lead, we KNOW T-Boz & Chilli and that both could lead........we don't know Kelly & Michelle (especially) for doing the same and having any kind of success behind it. And stop lying with the out sold part & out performed part, I know you're reaching but that was a major fail, if you mean with DC, no DC's sales are behind them, or if you mean solo, still no 3D (the only TLC album as a duo) sold more than any solo Kelly or Michelle album to date. It's just a plain fact, more people care about the duo of T&C, than they would likely care about the duo of K&M

And you're wrong, their last LP was 2002. And this album will have her too according to them, so Im going to assume you didnt read any of what they said their doing, I mean you're saying "no singles"  :lmao:

Yea but nobody's really laughing...but you, it's no spinning about this LOFL. OH NO IT'LL FLOP!??!?  :lmao:  :lmao:  :lmao:  I don't think you're grasping how seriously that's not anyone who's talking about this concern unless they don't like them, again, there are so many more concerns about this than "Did it beat Meagan Tanner on the 200?" LOFL, please again, for legends, it's not that big of a deal, legends flop all the time ask Aretha, Gladys & Barbra :coffee:

Not really, if you think about it, most independent artists (including artists like them who were once on big labels and now independent) pretty much do the same things, and likely they'll be more successful than most

Um.....T-Boz got a Condo that looks like the average 2 story condo everywhere plus she had to file bankruptcy twice within the last 10 years thanks to her medical bills, my guess is her money might be better than the average fan of theirs but she's not exactly living in a big ass house , and Chili only likely has a big house because of them Dallas Austin child support checks. Their money isn't that great, plus it makes more sense to support the artist & era directly instead of a label. I'd rather them have the balls to do this, than to do a weak independent album on their own, with only their money and get the cheapest producers they can and churn out a album that makes 3D look like CSC.

Would the same be said if Toni Braxton or any other Legend did that? Yeah when you file bankruptcy you don't have to pay jack. I'm sure both could've put their money together and came up with $150,000. They can't be that broke and i'm sure they got paid for that TLC movie and their albums picked up sales right after.

I'm not talking about within a group... I'm talking about SOLO boo.. and if Kelly & Michelle released an album in 2015, it would outsell any album TC could scrap up with their Bitcoins

I believe Lisa had tracks on that album.. Making that album a TLC album

Right.. bc you can compare Aretha, Gladys, & Barbra to TLC :lmao: that's a joke within itself

Name another artist that used Kickstarter to garner money for their projects? Name another group or artist that begged their fans to give them money while they're taking private jets and living the big life in mansions. 

Continue to support their panhandling while they go home to their 6-figure houses and laughing that the Internet would fund their future failed project

I'm gonna agree with Game on this one. As much as I love TLC I think it's low to ask for money from fans when they're living in big ass houses and i'm only a middle class citizen.

They are asking for money to have complete creative control and not be treated like a new artist having to do what the record label tell them to do and having to sign a 360 contract which they make artist do these days. The minute someone does something the non traditional way you guys are quick to point and laugh without knowing all the details

They are asking for money to have complete creative control and not be treated like a new artist having to do what the record label tell them to do and having to sign a 360 contract which they make artist do these days. The minute someone does something the non traditional way you guys are quick to point and laugh without knowing all the details

who is you guys? and where you see me pointing and laughing. Maybe you should quote game and not me

Would the same be said if Toni Braxton or any other Legend did that? Yeah when you file bankruptcy you don't have to pay jack. I'm sure both could've put their money together and came up with $150,000. They can't be that broke and i'm sure they got paid for that TLC movie and their albums picked up sales right after.

I don't consider Toni a legend the same way as them, the industry changed once they entered it and set the standard, Toni I do consider Legend but based off of the hits and versatility of her style & sound. And based on their money problems (agan particularly T-Boz) I would'nt be so sure that they could, and even if they could, since it would be out of their pockets who's to say how drastically that can hurt their funds even more? They both do have kids their raising, it wouldn't be a smart move to risk taking out that much when they have kids they're going to have to put through school. Otherwise with what their doing it's a guarantee (from their word) that this'll go straight for the production of the album, PLUS they have the oppertunity to get way more than 150K. Since their financing this all themselves,the more they have,the better, the more they can afford the best to do their best to put out a quality album and not something recorded out of somebody's cousins basement or sounding like it was.

I'm not talking about within a group... I'm talking about SOLO boo.. and if Kelly & Michelle released an album in 2015, it would outsell any album TC could scrap up with their Bitcoins

I believe Lisa had tracks on that album.. Making that album a TLC album

Right.. bc you can compare Aretha, Gladys, & Barbra to TLC :lmao: that's a joke within itself

Name another artist that used Kickstarter to garner money for their projects? Name another group or artist that begged their fans to give them money while they're taking private jets and living the big life in mansions. 

Continue to support their panhandling while they go home to their 6-figure houses and laughing that the Internet would fund their future failed project

Oh then your point's totally irrelevant because none of the members of TLC released an official solo album in the U.S. so that's a "shoulda woulda coulda" that adds nothing. And the last part about them outselling TLC "for sure" is hinarious, I mean Michelle's albums as a whole have a problem getting past 20k..... and Michelle isn't even Independent but hey, even if they did, TLC wouldn't need the sales as badly, just sayin.

Not really, Aretha, Gladys, Barbra & TLC changed the industry after their success, and are all emulated sourced and respected to this day. The 1st 3 have been legends longer but TLC's industry impact is undenyable to say otherwise is to be in denial. They heavily impacted their peers, their lessors, and their elders, which is what makes them the legends they are.

Why would I need to answer that when you probably wouldn't know them, it's pleanty of independant artists who do it for the same reason they are, they are the first mainstream artist I've ever seen do it (surely now others will likely follow suit). My challenge to you is to prove they are jetting around in their own private jets, and that they live in 6 figure houses...that i have to see. 

And thanks I will, and it would've been a "failed" project if it didn't reach it's goal or if it never got released, good luck with hoping for the later I guess >_<

• Upvote 1

I don't consider Toni a legend the same way as them, the industry changed once they entered it and set the standard, Toni I do consider Legend but based off of the hits and versatility of her style & sound. And based on their money problems (agan particularly T-Boz) I would'nt be so sure that they could, and even if they could, since it would be out of their pockets who's to say how drastically that can hurt their funds even more? They both do have kids their raising, it wouldn't be a smart move to risk taking out that much when they have kids they're going to have to put through school. Otherwise with what their doing it's a guarantee (from their word) that this'll go straight for the production of the album, PLUS they have the oppertunity to get way more than 150K. Since their financing this all themselves,the more they have,the better, the more they can afford the best to do their best to put out a quality album and not something recorded out of somebody's cousins basement or sounding like it was.

Oh then your point's totally irrelevant because none of the members of TLC released an official solo album in the U.S. so that's a "shoulda woulda coulda" that adds nothing. And the last part about them outselling TLC "for sure" is hinarious, I mean Michelle's albums as a whole have a problem getting past 20k..... and Michelle isn't even Independent but hey, even if they did, TLC wouldn't need the sales as badly, just sayin.

Not really, Aretha, Gladys, Barbra & TLC changed the industry after their success, and are all emulated sourced and respected to this day. The 1st 3 have been legends longer but TLC's industry impact is undenyable to say otherwise is to be in denial. They heavily impacted their peers, their lessors, and their elders, which is what makes them the legends they are.

Why would I need to answer that when you probably wouldn't know them, it's pleanty of independant artists who do it for the same reason they are, they are the first mainstream artist I've ever seen do it (surely now others will likely follow suit). My challenge to you is to prove they are jetting around in their own private jets, and that they live in 6 figure houses...that i have to see.

And thanks I will, and it would've been a "failed" project if it didn't reach it's goal or if it never got released, good luck with hoping for the later I guess >_<

Not irrelevant. It's hypothetical.. They didn't release solo records for a reason. They couldn't get signed to a solo gig

You're definitely comparing legends with oranges. TLC didn't change the industry like the legends you named

I see youre pretending TLC is some new independent band when they're just hasbeens from the 1900s.. That's its a good thing that these unstable ladies go independent. That way, their music isn't as good. Smart move

If their goal is just to release a shit album after stealing 1.2k people's money then your expectations are low

:lmao: @ "non-traditional". Yeah God forbid they finance their own project without panhandling

Guess they couldn't get credit :coffee:

:lmao: @ "non-traditional". Yeah God forbid they finance their own project without panhandling

Guess they couldn't get credit :coffee:

I feel sorry for you, it's very evident you live a very sad pathetic life. No wonder you're a pot head. You need something to surpress the thoughts of what a miserable person you are. Always looking to knock someone down so you could feel good about yourself. Before I thought you were just an annoying piece of shit but now I know your struggle is real
  • Upvote 1

I feel sorry for you, it's very evident you live a very sad pathetic life. No wonder you're a pot head. You need something to surpress the thoughts of what a miserable person you are. Always looking to knock someone down so you could feel good about yourself. Before I thought you were just an annoying piece of shit but now I know your struggle is real

:lmao: yes. You read me To filth! You are so right. Amazing how someone in Flordia... Someon 400 miles away whom I never met, talk to, or anything can be soooo right. It's like.. It's like you pulled out of your ass

You know why personal attacks are banned? Bc 9 outta 10 times they're wrong and libelous. :coffee:

When all else fails, When logic and facts are absent, attack the poster..

The sad part is.. You :lmao:

I read the campaign page, they basically want the best producers, which do cost, and they are looking for creative control, which Im all for. It sounds like they have a pretty good idea of what they want the sound to be, and they want fans to participate. I like the idea.

• Upvote 1

I read the campaign page, they basically want the best producers, which do cost, and they are looking for creative control, which Im all for. It sounds like they have a pretty good idea of what they want the sound to be, and they want fans to participate. I like the idea.

They could have had all that without panhandling and literally asking for handouts without any results.

I hope y'all can write this charitable donation off on your taxes

I'm with Jarryl and SloLove. It's not like they held anyone at gunpoint. :lol: The people had a choice and it was their decision to invest. Obviously they saw it as a worthy cause hence the goal being reached quickly and beyond. It's kind of like how classical music radio stations are kept going through donations... people like to support the arts. ^_^
  • Upvote 1

It's not an investment bc people don't get a fair return on their investment. It's panhandling

Donating to radio stations and giving two rich people money are two different things. If you don't know the difference then I can't save you from idiocy. Donations are tax deductable. Giving money on the Internet via Kickstarter is not

Art :lmao:

Not irrelevant. It's hypothetical.. They didn't release solo records for a reason. They couldn't get signed to a solo gig

You're definitely comparing legends with oranges. TLC didn't change the industry like the legends you named

I see youre pretending TLC is some new independent band when they're just hasbeens from the 1900s.. That's its a good thing that these unstable ladies go independent. That way, their music isn't as good. Smart move

If their goal is just to release a shit album after stealing 1.2k people's money then your expectations are low

LOFL actually that was a lie, they all had solo deals within their contracts to LaFace , they all just had other shit going on and tho they would start solo stuff, wouldn't finish it or it would turn into a TLC project.(according to T-Boz....who had a top 10 hit as a solo artist)

Sure they did, there existed NO mainstream group like them before they came up and how their impact & style again impacted those who came before, their peers and those who came after, They.Are.Legends in the strongest sense of the word in that what they did, and what they achieved and what trends & styles they set will never be forgotten

"Pretending".....if they aren't with a label (and the rumor is they got dropped from their label or in a more obvious case the label probably isn't investing much in the album) so that makes them & their move for this album independent, no pretending about it. And that's why they need more money so they can afford the best so the album won't sound bad. If they went the average "has been who goes independent" route which is just get what you can afford and not a penny more, that ususally sounds like crap, this way they can afford the best producers, collaborations and teams. And I'll gladly defend that, it's a very smart move.

Luckily tho their goal is to release a great album which is why they need all the funds in the 1st place. 

I'm with Jarryl and SloLove. It's not like they held anyone at gunpoint. :lol: The people had a choice and it was their decision to invest. Obviously they saw it as a worthy cause hence the goal being reached quickly and beyond. It's kind of like how classical music radio stations are kept going through donations... people like to support the arts. ^_^

Well put, and yea they damn well could've done gunpoint like they did LaFace in 95 LOFL. But that's a good analogy. Their stuff is worth it, hell if it's along the lines of Meant To Be, that alone was my drive for making this happen, it shows they still got it and with the right producers they really make great music still, hell Meant To Be was better than 99% of what topped the pop & R&B charts last year (I thank GAWD everyday for Uptown Funk). I think this is a great route for legit artists who go independent, instead of pinching their own pennies and working off favors and recording in peoples basements (or making stuff that sounds like it was).

It's not an investment bc people don't get a fair return on their investment. It's panhandling

Donating to radio stations and giving two rich people money are two different things. If you don't know the difference then I can't save you from idiocy. Donations are tax deductable. Giving money on the Internet via Kickstarter is not

Art  :lmao:

You do know that there's prizes right? Like that's how Kickstarter works, and that most people who donated choose the amount and what they got in return and most chose the digital album (and the Vinyl, those sold out fast). OOP YOU THINK THEIR RICH :lmao:. I think that's the stereotype some has to get out of, you can make a ton of hits, be a legend even and be VERY much middle class, and I think that's where they fall T-Boz at least, bless your heart tho you think all musicians who reached that #1 and A list for a few years is rich...no Hollywood wants you to think they are tho, but it's not true. >_<

They could have had all that without panhandling and literally asking for handouts without any results.

I hope y'all can write this charitable donation off on your taxes

I get it....we ALL get it...at some point the horse is not only dead, but rotten, so stop beating it :sigh:

and panhandling is begging for money on the streets while people are going about their business, you interrupt them and gawk at them hoping for a dollar...NO ONE HAS TO LOOK UP KICKSTARTER SIGN UP AND DONATE ANYTHING .......

• Upvote 1

My issue with Game is he hasn't paid these women any respect during this discussion. Where I disagree with the haters, and let's face it they are, is the lack of respect for what these women did. Criticisms to the side, this is about paying homage and support to a group of women that gave us songs we all knew the lyrics to "Waterfalls" "Red Light Special" "No Scrubs" "Aint to Proud to Beg" "Creep" ....the actions of fans contributing to this campaign is truly about showing some love and respect. I'm not asking as a fan sell 2 million, it's bigger than that for me, its about the fans saying, we see you, and we love ya'll still

#forwhattheydidTLC

• Upvote 1

Well said, I'll also add.......

WE GET IT, you don't like the move, or don't get the move, or don't respect the move or don't understand the move, but they did it, and they're successful with it (they'll be getting 250k this week for sure) but it's happening and the rest of the world is celebrating either because we bought the album or helped them out or because it's guarantee-ing a new TLC album and 1 with quality just like the other 4

Hell I remember in a T-Boz interview (I watched alot of her interviews, she's my fave) she was saying 3D could never be their final album just because it was the worst time and experience making it because of Lisa's death, because of the label, and lack of control they had during that album which she said was much less than any of the 3 previous albums. On that principle alone and in that they deserve to go out making the music they want to make with who they want to make and how they want to promote it, with no limitations, and they want us involved with it, and I gladly will. When a fave calls you answer, if you're a real fan "flop" doesn't matter, "relevance" doesn't matter, "has been" doesn't matter, Legendary doesn't even matter being there for them does. And especially if they're a fave that musically never has done you wrong on a whole album front, I can trust them when it comes to their albums, so my investment of $15 was worth it cause more than likely, if they got Kandi, & Ne-Yo & Dallas, & Babyface & every single other producer who helped make some of their best material, my money went to good use.

And Im defending that 

• Upvote 2

I don't respect panhandlers of money from the rich :umm: and desperation. #SorryNotSorry.. TLC was already on the bottom of my list post-Left Eye's death. Now they're on the same level as Kim K.. Respect is earned and, though hard to do, can be lost. They lost my respect in 2003-2004 when Chili was desperate trying to bring down Usher

If the world wanted to hear from them, with millions of people online, their begging would have pulled in more people and not shy of 3k

I'll discontinue my rants until they release.

My issue with Game is he hasn't paid these women any respect during this discussion. Where I disagree with the haters, and let's face it they are, is the lack of respect for what these women did. Criticisms to the side, this is about paying homage and support to a group of women that gave us songs we all knew the lyrics to "Waterfalls" "Red Light Special" "No Scrubs" "Aint to Proud to Beg" "Creep" ....the actions of fans contributing to this campaign is truly about showing some love and respect. I'm not asking as a fan sell 2 million, it's bigger than that for me, its about the fans saying, we see you, and we love ya'll still

#forwhattheydidTLC

Game shades everyone. No one is safe. That doesn't mean he doesn't like their music. He shades Brandy/Mariah all the time yet has their music in his itunes. We should know by now that Game is very honest with no filters. That's the beauty of freedom of speech I guess. Madonna is much more accomplished, groundbreaking and iconic than TC yet she gets shaded all the time by not only Game but several members (not you though since I know you like some of ha bops). Where is the respect then? 

==============================

Back on topic...I say this having not read the previous few pages so I don't know if you all touched on this or not. I think if anything, this whole situation proves what kind of pits the industry is in. It's sad they had to do a Kickstarter and mask it with "this is for the fans" (which it may well be but it could just be a marketing ploy too) but I understand at the same time because of their situation. With no hit single since like…the 90s, the most loved member dead, their last studio album under performing (3D), Meant To Be flopping, why should a label risk $$$ and potentially lose out by giving them more funding. Sure the VH1 film was a success but it's no blockbuster.  It's sad, really. If anything they made the same mistake Brandy did post DWTS/Behind The Music. Waited too long after they became somewhat relevant again. They should have been ready and capitalised off of that success. 

• Upvote 1

I don't respect panhandlers of money from the rich :umm: and desperation. #SorryNotSorry.. TLC was already on the bottom of my list post-Left Eye's death. Now they're on the same level as Kim K.. Respect is earned and, though hard to do, can be lost. They lost my respect in 2003-2004 when Chili was desperate trying to bring down Usher

If the world wanted to hear from them, with millions of people online, their begging would have pulled in more people and not shy of 3k

I'll discontinue my rants until they release.

Then you should be fine because their not panhandling (panhandling is begging in the streets and not necissarily giving anything back for the money you're getting) those of us donating to them mostly are getting something back, so by the very definition, they aren't panhandling in any way. Also they aren't rich, so that should make you feel better, probably won't but eh.

It's still like 23 days left for the campaign, they won, they beat the goal in 2  :lmao: the fact that they did that alone and all of the positive press shows that for the most part  they have people still with them & interested. and you mean 300k, not 3k :coffee:

Game shades everyone. No one is safe. That doesn't mean he doesn't like their music. He shades Brandy/Mariah all the time yet has their music in his itunes. We should know by now that Game is very honest with no filters. That's the beauty of freedom of speech I guess. Madonna is much more accomplished, groundbreaking and iconic than TC yet she gets shaded all the time by not only Game but several members (not you though since I know you like some of ha bops). Where is the respect then? 

==============================

Back on topic...I say this having not read the previous few pages so I don't know if you all touched on this or not. I think if anything, this whole situation proves what kind of pits the industry is in. It's sad they had to do a Kickstarter and mask it with "this is for the fans" (which it may well be but it could just be a marketing ploy too) but I understand at the same time because of their situation. With no hit single since like…the 90s, the most loved member dead, their last studio album under performing (3D), Meant To Be flopping, why should a label risk $$$ and potentially lose out by giving them more funding. Sure the VH1 film was a success but it's no blockbuster.  It's sad, really. If anything they made the same mistake Brandy did post DWTS/Behind The Music. Waited too long after they became somewhat relevant again. They should have been ready and capitalised off of that success. 

But it's the same point repeated is the problem with this subject, ofcourse Im use to it, and ofcourse I shade Magranny, but after a certain amount of time....and the same material....it's annoying just to annoy.

Meant to Be couldn't flop because it wasn't ever released as a official single, hell it didn't even get buzz single. And I don't think it was the same mistake Brandy made, Brandy did nothing lol, they were having label issues for 2 years when this current album was supposed to be happening, like at least they did on the performance front and went worldwide, but unless the label worked with them it wasn't going to happen or wasn't going to their way. But I do agree that it's the state of the industry, but also women in their 40's who can't gurantee hit's anymore.