Rihanna And Kanye West And Paul McCartney - "FourFiveSeconds" VIDEO

DJ Y2K Malone™

I can't get with the song but there is a lot to be said for its texture and obviously for Rihanna who is arguably modern pop's greatest shapeshifter.

What irks me is that like Only One it doesn't actually "feature" Paul McCartney, so I've come away from both songs feeling they're rather anticlimactic.

It is featuring Paul.. It's just not a vocal feature. 3 vocalists on a 3minute song is a bit excessive and let's face it, Paul isn't exactly the hottest artist to put on a record, vocally.

It is featuring Paul.. It's just not a vocal feature. 3 vocalists on a 3minute song is a bit excessive and let's face it, Paul isn't exactly the hottest artist to put on a record, vocally.

He's featured in the technical sense, but only in the interest of boosting credibility. As for Only One, Kanye's Grammy spot just highlighted the insignificance of their collaboration by performing it while Paul sat front row. By contrast, Bound 2 from his last record was an actual feature thanks to Charlie Wilson's chorus, yet the song is credited solely to Kanye West. It's purely superficial and clearly just so they can say a Beatle played on their record.

He's featured in the technical sense, but only in the interest of boosting credibility. As for Only One, Kanye's Grammy spot just highlighted the insignificance of their collaboration by performing it while Paul sat front row. By contrast, Bound 2 from his last record was an actual feature thanks to Charlie Wilson's chorus, yet the song is credited solely to Kanye West. It's purely superficial and clearly just so they can say a Beatle played on their record.

Yeah.. I know they both only used Paul for his name

• 2 weeks later...

I agree, love the song and all, glad it's another top 5 single, but it's the 1st debut single since Russian Roulette (& is the only other 1st single besides RR) that was a real grower for me, but I'm ready for a song that COLLECTS like I'm more use to her 1st singles doing. So single #2 I hope comes by March

I'm interested to hear what it sounds like - to see what the actual direction of the album is (since FFS was pretty last minute?). 

She's filming the first Home single video now - I don't curr for that project any more. I want R8.