Touring Beyond Your Means ....

janetDAYZ

Soooo...apparently there's this tour called the 'Between The Sheets' tour and its Chris Brown, Trey Songz and Tyga on the bill (Chris and Trey are co-headlining of course -Chris is coming out last tho). It was suppose to start the 27th of last month but Chris had unfinished community service obligations he had to take care of so they had to reschedule like 11 shows,so the tour kicks off tonight. BUT apparently one show has already been canceled due to selling only 3,500 seats in a 20,000 seater.

Is it me or shouldnt they be doin small to medium size venues :blink: I dont see their names being big enough to sell out big arenas. Am I missing something?????? :mellow: Arent they way in over their heads to begin with?

Soooo...apparently there's this tour called the 'Between The Sheets' tour and its Chris Brown, Trey Songz and Tyga on the bill (Chris and Trey are co-headlining of course -Chris is coming out last tho). It was suppose to start the 27th of last month but Chris had unfinished community service obligations he had to take care of so they had to reschedule like 11 shows,so the tour kicks off tonight. BUT apparently one show has already been canceled due to selling only 3,500 seats in a 20,000 seater.

Is it me or shouldnt they be doin small to medium size venues :blink: I dont see their names being big enough to sell out big arenas. Am I missing something?????? :mellow: Arent they way in over their heads to begin with?

I agree with you that performer has to know their level of fame. That will allow them to book venues based on what they can actually sell. Actually, its really the responsibility of the booking agent and mananger to handle that. But before people drag chris, tyga and trey we would need to know how many seats were available for the show in the first place. An arena can hold 20,000 seats but most concert stages take up a lot of space so I sure 20,000 tickets were never released to the box office. I'm not saying they didn't cancel for lack of sells, but maybe they fell short by 6,000 instead of 16,000.

I agree with you that performer has to know their level of fame. That will allow them to book venues based on what they can actually sell. Actually, its really the responsibility of the booking agent and mananger to handle that. But before people drag chris, tyga and trey we would need to know how many seats were available for the show in the first place. An arena can hold 20,000 seats but most concert stages take up a lot of space so I sure 20,000 tickets were never released to the box office. I'm not saying they didn't cancel for lack of sells, but maybe they fell short by 6,000 instead of 16,000.

Youre getting all techinical and I do understand that stage takes up room and seating but a Chris stage is not gonna be sum uber massive stage. Its Chris Brown, not Usher,JT or MJ. Im sure his production/staging is limited. So i cant see his stage taking up too much room esprcially not enough to make this report sound less of a fail. I find it strange that promoters think they are gonna be able to play size venues too. It would have been smarter to do maybe 5-8,000 seaters. Either those business ppl are misinformed on their level of stardom or just stupidly greedy, and hopeful.

So young black girls don't go to concerts??? IF they do, who are they going to see?

Yes, you just seen them in that picture Escapade juss posted. Lets be honest.. selling out huge arenas, your core audience has to expand beyond juss the black community. You will never see a huge arena sold out with just black ppl. We make up a small percentage of consumers/fans. Which is why this tour should have been smaller venues

• Upvote 1

The above picture looks like a picture taken before the show even started.  I've been to plenty of shows where even at the beginning of the show before the headliner came on it was damn near empty.  The photos that I've seen from Instagram have all been packed.  I looked into attending their show they had here tonight but tickets ranged from $85 - $500+ and were almost sold out except for some $85 seats for the worst in the house or some $350 semi decent ones and I just could not justify spending that amount to see Chris and Tyga with such seating arrangement.

The above picture looks like a picture taken before the show even started.  I've been to plenty of shows where even at the beginning of the show before the headliner came on it was damn near empty.  The photos that I've seen from Instagram have all been packed.  I looked into attending their show they had here tonight but tickets ranged from $85 - $500+ and were almost sold out except for some $85 seats for the worst in the house or some $350 semi decent ones and I just could not justify spending that amount to see Chris and Tyga with such seating arrangement.

Post em

Oh this just got awkward.. Everything Joe said is fact.. Two of those three could barely fill up a KFC parking lot and the greater of the three evils, Chris Brown, can barely sell albums. Their promoter needs to find a new job.. He or she should be fired

The problem is that all three of them have totally alienated their international fanbase.... aka white people and straight males. Tour wise they would have to start over.. Jingle Jams/FM Radio Tours. RnB fans don't hold enough weight and Chris is the only one with any pop hits.

Chris needs to regain his youth following but what parent is gonna let their kids sit through their show?

• Upvote 1

The problem is that all three of them have totally alienated their international fanbase.... aka white people and straight males. Tour wise they would have to start over.. Jingle Jams/FM Radio Tours. RnB fans don't hold enough weight and Chris is the only one with any pop hits.

Chris needs to regain his youth following but what parent is gonna let their kids sit through their show?

They have no fanbase

• Upvote 1