Oscars last night anyone?

Bailey

I realize the board is slower than ever now, I remember when we would sit and talk during an awards show....not anymore

anywho, I'm so glad Julianne Moore finally got her Oscar for best actress, she really earned that one. I'm also glad Bradley Cooper didn't win for "American Sniper" a movie that has become a political propaganda tool for the right, Eddie Redmayne won for his role as Stephen Hawkins in "The Theory of Everything"

I don't know how well NPH did as host, I didn't watch the broadcast I was out.

• Upvote 2

It was all about Gaga's performance

#FixedTheInternet

You know I heard she performed and it was a great move for her because it was a high profile appearance and shes off the media coverage she got for her engagement too.....I say Gaga should get back to recording, for whatever reason the light is shining on her and its a good look :good: I'm ready for her #Justdance bops -_-

You know I heard she performed and it was a great move for her because it was a high profile appearance and shes off the media coverage she got for her engagement too.....I say Gaga should get back to recording, for whatever reason the light is shining on her and its a good look :good: I'm ready for her #Justdance bops -_-

She is working on something :wub:

She's going to come back better than ever. You can't keep a true talent like hers down -_-

• Upvote 1

She is working on something :wub:

She's going to come back better than ever. You can't keep a true talent like hers down -_-

I think that's the sad part too, she's very talented, and has to take digs from Madonna, that sucks, why can't she be in the game like any other chick? I do like the fact Gaga kept changing her look as a signature if you will of her brand..its fun the wigs and the outfits

I think that's the sad part too, she's very talented, and has to take digs from Madonna, that sucks, why can't she be in the game like any other chick? I do like the fact Gaga kept changing her look as a signature if you will of her brand..its fun the wigs and the outfits

Madonna was threatened.

I would like to see her get a better stylist... Most of the time Gaga's costumes look cheap. She needs to go more high fashion, less Michael's. -_-

I saw all the nominated films this year and I would say they got it just about right, save for David Oyelowo's snub.

So glad Birdman took Best Picture, it was incredible and miles ahead of Boyhood which as I said at the time was too much of a novelty. Ignore the fact that it was shot over twelve years and it's a largely unremarkable story. I don't even think Patricia Arquette was particularly outstanding either - more that the BSA category was rather ordinary this year.

The other acting categories were spot on, and the one I was most thrilled about was JK Simmons. Whiplash was my favourite film of 2014. It's a shame Miles Teller wasn't also nominated, but there were bigger injustices in the form of no acting nods for Selma and the criminal disregard of the brilliance that was The Lego Movie.

• Upvote 4

Boyhood and Birdman are both gimmick movies but I feel Boyhood deserves Best Picture more. My faves this year are Boyhood, Wild, and Whiplash. Don't really get what's so good about American Sniper?

They got it all right with the acting categories although I wouldn't say Julianne Moore was so ahead of Best Actress competition. Rosamund Pike was so good in Gone Girl (that bitch!) and I personally love Reese Witherspoon's performance in Wild. Eddie Redmayne deserves Best Actor so does JK Simmons (damn was he good in Whiplash!) and Patricia Arquette (the final scene alone).

Lego was snubbed big time so I was ecstatic when How To Save Your Dragon 2 didn't win as many had expected it to. Big Hero 6 was the best animated feature film after Lego this year.

As for the awards show, NPH has his moments but overall he fell short. The only redeeming factor from the show was how great the speeches were: call your parents thing from Simmons, stay weird and different, Edde Redmayne going all adorbs, etc. They also got it right on Gaga doing Sound Of Music tribute. Had it been any other pop girl, there would've been too much run, riff, or adlibs  :shifty:. And then there's John fucking Travolta  :asham:

Just finished watching it

. CONGRATS TO PATRICIA, JULIANNE, COMMON & JOHN!!! I WAS ROOTING FOR THEM

.GAGA WAS EVERYTHING, I very much enjoyed The Lonely Islands Everything Is Awesome performance, it was awesome, I loved JHuds performance, that was easily John Legends best performance I've ever seen in my life, his voice showed out and grabbed my soul, BUT.....BUT, Gaga truly impressed, never heard her sound so effortlessly vocally perfect, not to doubt that she could've done it cause I know her better than that now lol, but DAMN, she slayed all the way down, there was absolutely no dip in the medley she did, she killed, Im excited to see what doors this may open for her!

Watched it last night.

Boring show overall.  NPH opening number was good. J.Hud and Gaga were good singing.

I'm happy Julianne finally got her long overdue Oscar.  Kinda upset that Michael Keaton didn't win, but the academy loves physical transformations so Eddie deserved it in that aspect.

And Patricia Arquette is an Oscar winner.  "Oscar winner Patricia Arquette".. :o  Wow.  Still upset that Jessica Chastain got overlooked for "A Most Violent Year". <_<

It sucks that Boyhood did all that for only one award. :lol: No BP, no director..only for Arquette's win. Wow. -_-

Watched it last night.

Boring show overall.  NPH opening number was good. J.Hud and Gaga were good singing.

I'm happy Julianne finally got her long overdue Oscar.  Kinda upset that Michael Keaton didn't win, but the academy loves physical transformations so Eddie deserved it in that aspect.

And Patricia Arquette is an Oscar winner.  "Oscar winner Patricia Arquette".. :o  Wow.  Still upset that Jessica Chastain got overlooked for "A Most Violent Year". <_<

It sucks that Boyhood did all that for only one award. :lol: No BP, no director..only for Arquette's win. Wow. -_-

Did you see Michael Keaton getting his award speech out and putting it back in? :lmao:. Poor ha :(

Did you see Michael Keaton getting his award speech out and putting it back in? :lmao:. Poor ha :(

Link me. :tear:

:lmao:

Eddie does have more shots..he's young and he may be back next year for his next movie role.

I kinda wanted Michael to win because people love a comeback..but sadly, his time is limited.  I hope he can find another role that can get him an Oscar.

Ageism towards men? Considering that more than the majority of the academy are old white men..I seriously doubt it.

Eddie does have more shots..he's young and he may be back next year for his next movie role.

I kinda wanted Michael to win because people love a comeback..but sadly, his time is limited.  I hope he can find another role that can get him an Oscar.

Ageism towards men? Considering that more than the majority of the academy are old white men..I seriously doubt it.

Aah that's a good point - I forgot the academy was filled with OAPs :lol:

Was the good sis Meryl nominated this year?