Can they make a comeback?

bu.

Britney?

The media stays reporting about her. She stays making music. But the music now sucks and she clearly doesn't care. Can Knee Spears ever return to her glory days? 

Christina Aguilera?

She was once the medias punching bag. But now with that NBA performance and the Impression interview she seems to be in their good books. Do you think she has what it takes to have a successful era after Bionic and Lotus tanked?

Mariah?

She's done it before...can she do it again? #Beautiful was a medium-sized hit...but it all went downhill from there after her injury. If she scores another hit do you think a new album could perform better? What if she performs live without any hiccups? 

Lady Gaga?

BTW allegedly underperformed. Artpop allegedly underperformed. But she can still tour really really well. With the latest rising of praise for her Oscar performance, Madonna hinting at a collab, a new found audience with the jazz album and a possible bid for an Oscar next year with Diane Warren...are things on the up for Lady Gaga?

Missy Elliott?

It's been almost a decade since she released an album but the reception she received after the Superbowl was amazing to say the least. In fact the songs she performed even charted in the Hot 100 the week after. Can she use this to her advnatage and plan a comeback?

Are there any other artists you would like to see make a comeback? 

Keep it cute, Game.

Maybe - I could see Britney having a #1 single again

No - Xtina is a TV host. No one cares for them

Hell no - Mariah has to stop lip syncing before she can come back

Yes - Gaga was a little gimmicky but with the right song, she can be back to Beyonce level and less JLo

Hell no - Missy is a has been and doesn't matter how many Super Bowl performances she has.. This is Nicki's world and Missy cannot

Britney--No.  She's not there anymore as far as being an entertainer.

Christina--Sadly, no.  She'll still be asked to perform at events that require singing.

Mariah-No. She's doing Vegas and I think that's a good look for her.

Lady Gaga-Maybe. -She's getting positive press about her talent..not for what she's wearing.  She's dressing classy, so any gimmick that she pulls would be off putting..but this is Gaga and only she can do that.  She needs to attack pop like how she's attacking this jazz/classy period she's in now.

Missy-No. She can still write hits for other people though..and I would love to have an album since it's been since 2005.

• Upvote 1

No - She doesn't care, Her label knows that she'd need an insane amount of promo to make a comeback and they dont want to. They put her in vegas, make quick coins and call it a day.

No - She knows it and she is fine with it. Her music is on a downwards spiral since b2b

No - She's lost and so is her label.

Yes - She never really went away. Underperforming albums dont = career ending. She needs to stop with all the nonsense tho.

No - Same boat as Janet. Taking too much time to release music and the GP is not here for that anymore.

I think all are capable, but they'd all have to really fight for it.

Britney needs to stay away from Will I.Am, and go back to her classic Britney stuff and she'll be good

Christina needs to actually use the show to promote her 1st single, and she'll be fine really, look at Adam, if she's allegedly a "host" so is he, but how did his last album do? Exactly, and because he uses the hell outta their #1 show to promote his music. I just hope she's smart enough not to wait for the finale to do it, but she didn't make that mistake with Say Something.

Mariah......well....to be fair she's come back so grand & great 10 yrs ago that she really doesn't need to again, she's got the title legendary for her achievements and her comeback 10 years ago is really 1 of them. BUT if she wanted it, she'd have to practically do more than she did then, I think she'd have to really put more focus and attention to a new direction & style than I think she'd be up for.

Gaga, Yup. She got this

Missy, I honestly don't know, I want her to absolutely, but it definitely depends on the direction and how & when, like she has to go all out like she use to for every 1 of her eras, she has to come hard, and it'll be interesting to see. 

• Upvote 1

I think all 4 are capable, but they'd all have to really fight for it.

Britney needs to stay away from Will I.Am, and go back to her classic Britney stuff and she'll be good

Christina needs to actually use the show to promote her 1st single, and she'll be fine really, look at Adam, if she's allegedly a "host" so is he, but how did his last album do? Exactly, and because he uses the hell outta their #1 show to promote his music. I just hope she's smart enough not to wait for the finale to do it, but she didn't make that mistake with Say Something.

Mariah......well....to be fair she's come back so grand & great 10 yrs ago that she really doesn't need to again, she's got the title legendary for her achievements and her comeback 10 years ago is really 1 of them. BUT if she wanted it, she'd have to practically do more than she did then, I think she'd have to really put more focus and attention to a new direction & style than I think she'd be up for.

Gaga, Yup. She got this

Missy, I honestly don't know, I want her to absolutely, but it definitely depends on the direction and how & when, like she has to go all out like she use to for every 1 of her eras, she has to come hard, and it'll be interesting to see.

Adam has a fan base tho and he's in a group. That country singer is exempt too bc country music lovers are faithful. And using the show to promote a flop has been done over and over for the past ten years.. Ask Paula, JLo, etc. Their singles may perform well but their albums are doomed to fail. Say Something isn't her song per sé.. She's just a feature. Bc of her name that song went places.

Adam has a fan base tho and he's in a group. That country singer is exempt too bc country music lovers are faithful. And using the show to promote a flop has been done over and over for the past ten years.. Ask Paula, JLo, etc. Their singles may perform well but their albums are doomed to fail. Say Something isn't her song per sé.. She's just a feature. Bc of her name that song went places.

Am I experiencing Deja Vu, or did I already debunk most of these? Well for old times sake, Adam's never been in a group. He is the front man of a band, the difference is if it were a group it wouldn't be just his vocals used on the bulk of their discography unless they were the Pussycat Dolls, he's a frontman of a band that if you ask most people to name any other  members of they'd be stuck on #2, so you're doing too much to give the credit to that. Especially since I also pointed out M5 has almost falllen off a few times, before Adam did The Voice, and it's proven when they don't promote their current or next singles on the show, they don't chart as high. Paula never performed her singles on Idol tho.... so....yea. AND Jennifer only waited for the finale's to perform her singles. If you forgot what I said about why performing a new single on the finale of the show, it's because the finale shows are always back to back performances, and if you don't kill that performance, or the song doesn't work, it will be forgotten because some other star stole the show, where's  On the Voice if they perform on the Tuesdays when the live show starts, and they're the only big stars that do, chances are more in your favor that your song you're promoting will get attention(ADAM & BLAKE OWN THIS, it is without a doubt why so much of their stuff gets successful), Christina did this right 1 time, and it just got her a Grammy and helped introduce a great song and new group to the world, just saying, And technically she's not listed as a feature, the song's listed as a duet, which now makes it as much hers as it is theirs, wheres if it were a feature it'd be all theirs. Had she performed that song on the finale, I doubt we'd know about, or at least to the extent that we do now, performing on a night, where Christina Aguilera is the biggest star performing that night is what got that song (as well as her Janet tribute) attention.

• Upvote 1

Maroon 5 has a fan base. Don't be mad at me bc Beyonce stole Xtina's fans

I don't think promotion hurt Xtina.. I think Xtina hurts Xtina. She's bland. She's not that exciting or exotic. She doesn't have the OOMF. Sure she can sing.. But then it comes down to quality. And let's face it.. Xtina isn't going to do quality music. It's going to be cheesy and sexual like Jennifer Lopez

Edited by Game XXVII

Maroon 5 has a fan base. Don't be mad at me bc Beyonce stole Xtina's fans

I don't think promotion hurt Xtina.. I think Xtina hurts Xtina. She's bland. She's not that exciting or exotic. She doesn't have the OOMF. Sure she can sing.. But then it comes down to quality. And let's face it.. Xtina isn't going to do quality music. It's going to be cheesy and sexual like Jennifer Lopez

Why would I be mad at something Bey didn't do? That would imply that they're the same type in some way and they aren't, you'd be closer with Gaga, nice try tho. But the failed "fanbase" argument again means nothing, Britney has a fanbase, how'd her last album/singles do?....but she has a fanbase tho!? 

Except that's mostly also not true, she can't just sing, she can sing better than most manstream chicks right now. And if you think she doesn't do Quality music Im sorry you haven't heard any of her albums (would explain the odd Bey comparison), but regardless of the singles, each album has ballads that most would call quality, I will it depends to a degree on the image the 1st single represents. I know you hated her 1st single from the last album but most didn't, had she promoted THAT song on The Voice, and not songs that weren't even singles when she should've been promoting the 1 that was, that's the only reason it failed, all she has to do is never do that to a era again, and she's fine. Her nieche has not been filled tho, nobody sounds like her, nobody can deliver a ballad like her, she plays the promo right and do all the work, she'll be fine.

Britney?

Doubtful, she really doesn't have talent, and no passion for the art

Christina Aguilera?

Her talent? maybe, her personality on the buying public? Nope

Mariah?

I think she has to find a niche that works for her, can she do chart toppers now with new music? not with JD managing...and if her voice is really gone...nope

Lady Gaga?

I believe this one can stay in the game, she has talent to no end...she needs the right sound and timing, right now against Madge would certainly get attention.

Missy Elliott?

Not really, new acts in hip hop are in that spot, for so many artists of different niches, their spot is taken.by someone newer in the game