Brownstone's Charmayne Maxwell dies after fall at home

TwistedElegance™

Charmayne Maxwell -- part of the 90s R&B group Brownstone -- died Friday night in L.A. after her husband found her bleeding from a cut to her neck ... TMZ has learned.

A family member tells us Charmayne had come home from her son's soccer game, and was home alone with him. Later in the evening ... around 9 PM her husband, music producer Carsten Soulshock, came home and found her unconscious and bleeding.

We're told it looked like Charmayne had fallen and cut her neck on glass ... she was bleeding profusely, but still had a pulse. Carsten called 911, and paramedics transported her to Cedars Sinai Hospital ... but she had lost too much blood. We're told she died on the way to the hospital.

LAPD went to the home ... and tell us it was a broken wine glass that cut Charmayne's neck. Detectives do not suspect foul play.

The group -- which was on Michael Jackson's MJJ Music label -- had its biggest hit with 1995's "If You Love Me." They earned a Billboard Music Award and a Grammy nomination for the song.

http://m.tmz.com/#Article/2015/03/01/brownstone-charmayne-maxwell-dead-dies-fall-denmark

This is terrible. I was listening to If You Love Me just last week. :(

Me too Matt I was doing a bit of research on 90's Girlgroups, and I've been bopping to If You Love Me & Grapevine most of Febuary. That's horrible news, I feel so bad for her husband & son, that had to be awful to see. It sucks, I always felt like Brownstone could've gotten more than they did, they were great, like I can't lie & say I know every song or even every member besides her & Nicci or even that the group was mostly Nicci's increadible voice to me, but they had something, and If You Love Me captured it perfectly.

• Upvote 1

For those not familiar enough with the group beyond the song If You Love Me, she's the 1 who always wore braids. And In the song If You Love Me, I forgot until re-watching the video again recently, she's actually the 1 who says "If You Love Me" in the song
Brownstone-e1305964524127.jpg

Gone too soon

No you didn't

I had their album :umm:  my tastes in music is largely geared to R&B, that's what I grew up hearing from my parents, thats what I love. I remember Donnie Simpson and Video Soul being my shit, and yes Brownstone was too they didnt have a long career but they were hot during that phase of new jack swing. Just like females groups The Braxtons, Escape, En Vogue, SWV, those female groups were a staple on local radio. We had the male groups too, Jodeci, BBD, Dru Hill, Mint Condition

I do hope that was sufficient evidence for your "How Black are You?" today :)

What's really kinda off Game is why would you question me on that at all? :unsure:

Yes.It.IS

Grapevine & If You Love Me are all I need from their discog (got other songs on both of their albums I like but those 2 are that groups staples with me)

I wonder if any of them sang in a church choir.....I always got that vibe from their harmonies. Very strong, a lot of soul. esp. "Grapevine"

I know Nicci did she said so, but I could tell that from her voice too more than the other 2, Nicci's voice screams Detroit's Little Rock Baptist Church.

Not to Diss SWV because I do think they have 1 of the best discographies of the 90s girl groups, but in terms of group talent I think Brownstone should've been bigger than them. Like we all know Coko slays and ofcourse Taj & Lelee can hold a tune, but every member of Brownstone pulled their weight vocally. But Nicci's voice is flat out ridiculously good. I wish they had more or a better catalog

I do hope that was sufficient evidence for your "How Black are You?" today :)

What's really kinda off Game is why would you question me on that at all? :unsure:

:umm: i don't play the Skin Game, Bailey. And I wouldn't win at that game since I've never heard of her or this group until two days ago. I called you out Bc you explicitly said "oh I know her" which is code for "I havent a clue who this group is but I want to be apart of this topic"

Boy no boom ....this actually is more an age thing I remember them from the 90s and I said I know the group I don't know that singer nor which one it was that passed it's not about being in the topic there are several threads I'm not in I'm paying respect u know that homage u didn't pay tlc

Boy no boom ....this actually is more an age thing I remember them from the 90s and I said I know the group I don't know that singer nor which one it was that passed it's not about being in the topic there are several threads I'm not in I'm paying respect u know that homage u didn't pay tlc

tumblr_ma561cFC3u1rfduvxo1_250_zps8a7745

Did your period key stop working btw? Where does a sentence end and when does a new one begin? :wacko:

Norman, mibd your damn business. You are being so petty by tryna tell Bailey who he knows and who he doesnt  :lol: how do u have the nerve ?

2cc7b140-b934-11e4-9ef8-bb47e213792a_rih

I was very sad when i heard of her passing this weekend. Everyone knows that vocally Brownstone was one of the most talented groups of the 90s, and  a lot of that had to do with Maxine's unique tone. Her voice just really stood out. It was powerful and pure at the same time. My heart goes out to her son and her husband.