Madonna misses #1 for first time since 2000, "Empire" #1

Bailey

Not y'all giving this white woman a pass.

That is fucking pitiful and glad this racist pos finally got what was coming to her.

Decrying racism with racism. Well done.

And what exactly was coming to her?

It's respectable numbers I suppose.  Nothing to brag about.

Spot on.

Nicki Minaj: 244k

Drake: 500k

To be considered Respectable, it has to AT LEAST cross the 150k or be a n00b.. 115k is respectable for the likes of John Mayer or A dead MJ.. But for a living legend with sold out tours? It's not respectable as it is expectable.

Maybe if her flop didn't leak 3 months in advanced and if she didn't say the N-word and/or if she didn't break an iPod Touch and posted it on Instagram then maybe it would be considered 'respectable'

Let's take a look at the most recent first-week sales of other living legends with sold out tours:

Bruce Springsteen - 99,000

Cher - 63,000

Paul McCartney - 67,000

Elton John - 48,000

Barbra Streisand - 196,000

Celine Dion - 77,000

Prince - 51,000 (77,000 if you add sales from his band's album released the same week)

My original statement holds. This is not bad news for anyone.

• Upvote 1

The article I read pretty much supported the argument that older acts who still matter are all challenged to sale music in big numbers in today's music world. There are few older acts that appeal to those who buy music, and that's mainly teens as. I understand

Decrying racism with racism. Well done.

And what exactly was coming to her?

Calling out a white racist is not racism. You ok??

And spare me the whole fighting fire with fire bullshit. 

Again, these number are pitiful and shoutout to Empire for putting this broad in her place. 

Calling out a white racist is not racism. You ok??

And spare me the whole fighting fire with fire bullshit.

Again, these number are pitiful and shoutout to Empire for putting this broad in her place.

Describing Madonna as a white woman in the context of your post is not discerning her skin colour, it's fixating on it. I'll spare you the fighting-fire-with-fire "bullshit" when you stop making racist comments yourself, in here and on the rest of the board.

• Upvote 1

Describing Madonna as a white woman in the context of your post is not discerning her skin colour, it's fixating on it. I'll spare you the fighting-fire-with-fire "bullshit" when you stop making racist comments yourself, in here and on the rest of the board.

Calling Madonna a white woman is not racist.. 

Calling Madonna a white woman is not racist..

Within context, it certainly is. For these reasons:

1. Everybody here knows who Madonna is, therefore nobody here needs to be told she's white. There's an acceptability that comes from necessity, like when a character enters a story and the reader is told they're a white woman. What purpose does the colour of Madonna's skin serve in this thread?

2. In a post as aggressive as LT's, it was unnecessary, therefore I find it unacceptable. Context is key.

3. LT is a repeat offender. He's called Caucasian women 'lily white' and 'peckerwood' on here before.

Would you be as cool if our roles were reversed?

Within context, it certainly is. For these reasons:

1. Everybody here knows who Madonna is, therefore nobody here needs to be told she's white. There's an acceptability that comes from necessity, like when a character enters a story and the reader is told they're a white woman. What purpose does the colour of Madonna's skin serve in this thread?

2. In a post as aggressive as LT's, it was unnecessary, therefore I find it unacceptable. Context is key.

3. LT is a repeat offender. He's called Caucasian women 'lily white' and 'peckerwood' on here before.

Would you be as cool if our roles were reversed?

a person who believes that a particular race is superior to another

My personal opinion is its a fail, I believe 100k+ is successful when your last album did around that number or if you never got there before, but....when a artist of her stature who's last album sold so well, doesn't make half of what that album did....., Im not impressed but it's not horrible but it's just not good, it's not completely clockable and it's not completely praisable, it sit's in the middle it can be praised but it can be clocked too, thats how it seems to me. #thatisall

But god are his gifs of people no one knows and centered type ON POINT.

:lmao:  :lmao:  :lmao:  THAT BACKHANDED ASS SHADY COMPLEMENT LOFL YAAAS ROCKY LOL I LIVE #WhenRocReads

US chart preview (sales only): @kendricklamar 300-325k | @EmpireFOX, @modestmouseband 60-65k | @MarinasDiamonds 40-45k | @SWStheband 35-40k.

35 retweets38 favorites
 Retweet35
 Favorite38
More

US chart preview (sales only): @MarkKnopfler 35-40k | @taylorswift13, @LukeBryanOnline 30-35k | Passion 28-32k | @FiftyShades of Gre 25-28k.

25 retweets13 favorites
 Retweet25
 Favorite13
More

:lmao:  I envy you, it must be so easy for you :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

What? :lol:

Her album ain't flopping because she's old it's flopping cause it sucks

I think age has a lot to do with it. Last time she had the Clear Channel deal and a Top 10 single as well as the ticket bundling whereas now she's kinda standing on her own again. This is actually her best reviewed album in a decade.