"Furious 7" races to box office record....$384 million WW

Bailey

http://www.forbes.com/sites/scottmendelson/2015/04/05/box-office-furious-7-races-to-384m-worldwide-bow/

Furious 7 took off like greased lightning over Easter weekend, debuting with a smashing $143.6 million Friday-to-Sunday bow and an eye-popping $384m worldwide debut. But first the domestic figures: The film got started with a $67.3m opening Friday (including $15.8m worth of Thursday previews)

I enjoy the movies, but only because I watch them as they are. I don't go in expecting something Oscar-worthy. It's just a good popcorn flick to enjoy from time to time that are full of fun, lots of action, and effects.

With that being said, I'm glad this is the send off that Paul gets instead of that other movie "Brick Mansions". It ends perfectly and even made me tear up a little. ^_^

• Upvote 1

I don't get it.

The success is probably a mixture of 

Nostalgia for young adults (our age) who grew up with the series in their teens

Peaking interest of younger kids who like cars and things

Paul Walker death peaking interest

Easter break

• Upvote 1

No.. Well yes but 20 is the hole where you can't buy booze

True, but that's the only thing that sucks about it, though. :lol: For people who want to do that sort of thing, that is. :whistle: I don't want to drink since I'm an angel. angel.gifWas that convincing at all?