P!nk to be honoured for profound influence on pop culture

bu.

Broadcast Music, Inc. will present the President’s Award to P!nk for her outstanding achievement in songwriting and profound influence on pop culture and the entertainment industry at the Company’s 63rd annual Pop Awards. The event will be held Tuesday, May 12, at the Beverly Wilshire Hotel in Beverly Hills and will also recognize the songwriters and publishers of the past year’s most-performed pop songs in the United States as well as the Song, Songwriter and Publisher of the Year.

“P!nk is an extraordinary songwriter whose mastery of craft and passionate artistry has transformed a generation of Pop and Rock music culture around the world,” said Barbara Cane, BMI Vice President & General Manager, Writer/Publisher Relations, Los Angeles. “She has captivated music lovers with her unforgettable, emotional and edgy magnificence of song, voice and performance.”

From Adele to Kelly Clarkson, Carrie Underwood to Christina Aguilera, P!nk's influence knows no boundaries!

http://www.bmi.com/news/entry/pink_to_be_honored_with_presidents_award_at_the_63rd_annual_bmi_pop_awards

Pround influence on pop culture? :mellow:

She's juss a rocker chick w/ great lyrics from time to time. Who has she really "influenced"? :blink: PLS. Shes no Janet, Michael or Madonna. I Would even put Gaga before her in that category.

Oh? You sound mad

Too bad Gaga's too busy helping some old man with his music career :coffee:

Not really....peers have inspried each other in the industry, look what Janet did to her peers and elders with Control & RN, it's not shade it's a fact.

Janet is a beast :umm: She knocked MJ off his throne.. Stole it.. burned it.. And put up a new one in his place. Madonna was like "gotta go back to the boardroom to pick out a new personality".. And Prince just gave up

P!nk isnt on Janet's level tho

Janet is a beast :umm: She knocked MJ off his throne.. Stole it.. burned it.. And put up a new one in his place. Madonna was like "gotta go back to the boardroom to pick out a new personality".. And Prince just gave up

P!nk isnt on Janet's level tho

Well that's not what I'm disputing, but when P!nk made the jump from R&B to Pop/Rock, it was a hit, it was huge, it was very successful and all her peers took notice and seemed to make that jump in their own ways, but P!nk & Jan are comparable in the inspiration realm becaus Janet got other artists interested in working with Jimmy & Terry, P!nk got Christina & other artists & peers interested in working with Linda Perry, I love what Linda & Christina did together, but it's very likely it's due to P!nk bringing her production skills to the mainstream.

Yes.. Christina spent all her coins on Linda Perry and got a hit song, hit album, and successful tour(?)

2 albums & 2 successful tours (Linda was there during B2B too, she's responsable for Hurt, my fave Christina ballad ever)

I wish P!nk & Christina both would stay working with her, like I understand and respect venturing off with other producers, but as a fan of both, I feel like both did their absolute best with her.

2 albums & 2 successful tours (Linda was there during B2B too, she's responsable for Hurt, my fave Christina ballad ever)

I wish P!nk & Christina both would stay working with her, like I understand and respect venturing off with other producers, but as a fan of both, I feel like both did their absolute best with her.

One more than the other