First and Last

janetDAYZ

First: Janet RWU tour at MSG on 9/1/2008. It was seriously one of the best nights of my life. I couldn't have asked for a better first concert.

Last: Beyonce "Mrs Carter Show World Tour" at Barclays on 12/22/2013. I went to this tour 3 times. I was amazed every time. Beyonce just has IT. She murders the stage effortlessly.

Janet RWU Detroit (same as Game)

Janet Number Ones Tour (Chicago & Detroit)

Been to select dates & a few festivals before, between and since, but Janet's the only act I've seen on tour....and I don't mind that, not to many artists are worth my money these days, there's a few worth it but eh it's not THAT important to me frankly.

• Upvote 1

My God, yall sum lateeeeee bloomers when it comes to concerts. :umm: What took yall so damn long to start goin to concerts? Especially those of you who are over 25! :blink::lol:

I was 15 and didn't have the money to go the AFY concert, and I made it a point that Janet would be my first concert appearance.  So the next opportunity for me was the RWU tour, and from there, I went to quite a bit of concerts after that.  But also realized that there aren't a lot of artists I want to see live.  I am bummed that I never had the opportunity to see Michael nor Whitney, but those are my only two regrets.

• Upvote 6

My God, yall sum lateeeeee bloomers when it comes to concerts. :umm: What took yall so damn long to start goin to concerts? Especially those of you who are over 25! :blink::lol:

I was still a teen, and nobody comes to Trenton lol. It wasn't until I moved to the Bay Area that I had easy access to concerts. Plus I wanted Janet to be the one to take my concert virginity. B)

• Upvote 2

I was 15 and didn't have the money to go the AFY concert, and I made it a point that Janet would be my first concert appearance.  So the next opportunity for me was the RWU tour, and from there, I went to quite a bit of concerts after that.  But also realized that there aren't a lot of artists I want to see live.  I am bummed that I never had the opportunity to see Michael nor Whitney, but those are my only two regrets.

hold up good sista, you don't regret not seeing TLC? I sure as hell do

I was 15 and didn't have the money to go the AFY concert, and I made it a point that Janet would be my first concert appearance. So the next opportunity for me was the RWU tour, and from there, I went to quite a bit of concerts after that. But also realized that there aren't a lot of artists I want to see live. I am bummed that I never had the opportunity to see Michael nor Whitney, but those are my only two regrets.

Yeah, Mike is the one i hate I never seen but then again the chances were slim considering he wasnt fucking with the States since 88' with the Bad tour .. any tour after he neglected us and only toured abroad,which I never understood.

Janet-Velvet Rope

Janet- Number Ones tour in San Francisco where I met Matthew aka Aladdin and another Janet forum member who no longer comes here

Where the fuck has Aladdin been anyway????? He use to be plastered all over the net at one point. We couldnt escape him. Its like one day he juss kinda fell off the face of the planet

hold up good sista, you don't regret not seeing TLC? I sure as hell do

No. Big fan of their music (still bump it to this day), but they weren't a "must see" for me.  There are a lot of artists where I genuinely enjoy their work, but seeing them would have been nice but not a mandatory thing.

Yeah, Mike is the one i hate I never seen but then again the chances were slim considering he wasnt fucking with the States since 88' with the Bad tour .. any tour after he neglected us and only toured abroad,which I never understood.

Very true.  He avoided the states altogether.  I was really considering traveling to see him for This Is It, but it just wasn't meant to be.

• Upvote 1

He didn't neglect y'all as much as the public perception wasn't so good :whistle:

He didn't neglect y'all as much as the public perception wasn't so good :whistle:

Means nothing. He was MICHAEL JACKSON the biggest musical act this planet has ever seen. He would have sold out with NO problem in the states.

I believe he felt betrayed by his own land which is why I think he said "fuck yall" ...we were harsher on him than other countries. It's certainly not that he couldn't.. it was a personal choice out of being bitter.

• Upvote 2

It was literally the reason they didn't start his concert series in the States.. Public perception is everything. He could not tour stateside due to his previous allegations. It's court documented

We were harsher on him bc he built a life-size child trap and took naps with children :umm: Freedom.. but at what costs?

I mean really? He would do that to his fans? And y'all stick by him?

Where the fuck has Aladdin been anyway????? He use to be plastered all over the net at one point. We couldnt escape him. Its like one day he juss kinda fell off the face of the planet

other than staying fat I have no idea lol. He used to be on Janet-Xone from time to time too. I'm sure he's on facebook tho. I'll ask somebody