Lily Allen Hospitalized

TwistedElegance™

British pop star Lily Allen has been hospitalized with blood poisoning just days after suffering her second miscarriage, spokesfolks for the “Smile” singer said Saturday.

Allen was around six months pregnant when she lost her baby earlier this week, just two years after she miscarried another child. Lily had been expecting the baby with her builder boyfriend, Sam Cooper. According to UK newspaper The Sun, she was rushed to hospital after complaining of stomach pains, but medics were unable to save the baby boy, who was three months premature. On Friday, doctors admitted the 25-year-old to a London hospital after she was diagnosed with septicemia, a potentially life-threatening condition characterized by bacteria in the blood resulting in fevers, chills, rapid breathing, and increased heart rate.

“Lily Allen is back in hospital, where she is being treated for septicamia,” says Allen’s publicist, who says the star is responding well to treatment and thanks fans for their messages of support.

“She is responding well to treatment and her condition continues to improve. Lily thanks everyone for their messages of support and again asks that she and partner Sam Cooper be left alone whilst she recovers.”

Earlier this week, a devastated Lily indicated that she was unwell to fans Twitter.

“I’m still very sick but the messages are helping me to be stronger. Thank you xx.”

My link