um....Ciara STAY IN YOUR LANE.

janetDAYZ

not clicking on that sorry. As much as i like her stuff since Ciara, i know its going to sound horrible because the tone of her voice is not suitable for this style of music/singing. So for those hew clicked on it, here 

let it cleanse your soul and ear drums 
  • Upvote 1

I dont understand what direction they are trying to go with her.  I don't get it.  

She doesn't either :sigh:

She needs a real team to get behind her and she needs to call Jazze Phae and make a mends for whatever they went through. He had a direction for her during her first album and he knew what he was doing. She has the potential for a comeback. The fact that she people still talk about her and she hasn't had a really big era since "the evolution" speaks to her popularity.

Half the problem is r&b is dead. So how is a comeback a potential? First, r&b has to be resurrected.

Secondly ,what would be considered a "comeback"? 500k? Cus selling platinum fo damn sure AIN'T happening in this world. Didn't Bee barely scan platinum 5 yrs ago? So how on earth do they stand a chance if one of the "biggest" struggled? It's FAR TOO MANY ODDS AGAINST THEM. Period. Let's bury the delusions and continue living in reality

Half the problem is r&b is dead. So how is a comeback a potential? First, r&b has to be resurrected.

Secondly ,what would be considered a "comeback"? 500k? Cus selling platinum fo damn sure AIN'T happening in this world. Didn't Bee barely scan platinum 5 yrs ago? So how on earth do they stand a chance if one of the "biggest" struggled? It's FAR TOO MANY ODDS AGAINST THEM. Period. Let's bury the delusions and continue living in reality

R&B isn't dead.  Black artists have abandoned it for whatever reason and people like Sam Smith, Robin Thicke and Justin Timberlake picked it right up. 

R&B isn't dead. Black artists have abandoned it for whatever reason and people like Sam Smith, Robin Thicke and Justin Timberlake picked it right up.

Black artists have abandonned it? :blink: I'm sorry I didn't know Keisha Cole, Trey Songz, Miguel, etc were doin pop music now. What are you talking about?

Trey Songz and Miguel have been considered the "leaders" in the r&b field for a lil while now and they aren't even scanning 500k ...so how can you say r&b isnt dead?

• 2 weeks later...

That's not true.. They still sing R&B but radio doesn't play them...

So you're saying pop radio isn't playing R&B music?

But Isn't there R&B radio? 

R&B is just no longer the phase of pop culture like it was in the 90s... Kinda like complaining about pop radio not playing disco in the 80s