NY Post: Why pop divas should fear Janet Jackson’s comeback

SonofBaldwin

108623381la011_janet_jackso.jpg?w=720&h=

Janet Damita Jo Jackson — Ms. Jackson if you’re nasty — dropped a bombshell when she announced on May 15 that she will be releasing new music as well as embarking on a world tour in 2015.

“I promised you’d hear it from my lips and now you will,” Jackson posted in an announcement video a day before her 49th birthday.

“This year, new music, new world tour, a new movement. I’ve been listening. Let’s keep the conversation going.”

It’s great news for her devoted fans — maybe not so much for performers currently taking center stage. Here are the top five reasons that pop divas should be shaking in their stiletto heels and dropping their microphones in fear:

1. Her music is still requested on the radio 30 years later

Jackson’s first album was released in 1982 (when she was only 16!) and her third album, “Control,” sold over 14 million copies worldwide. Hits like “Nasty” and “Let’s Wait Awhile” continue to play on the radio decades later. How many of today’s pop singers do you think will have the same longevity? And please, let us not forget the iconic solo dance routine in the “Pleasure Principle” video, which included a downfall in a wooden chair. You know you’ve tried it!

More at the link: http://nypost.com/2015/05/20/why-pop-divas-should-fear-janet-jacksons-comeback/

Janet retweeted it so we can put to rest all of the she is happy to be here talk. She wants blood.

If she re-tweeted it, then she must know her new material is great. I still don't like the article, and the examples they used. Janet is beyond that. She's an excellent performer. She owns and delivers on that stage like no other, and she captivates and invites her audience with her agility, the way she moves, the look of hunger she gives during her dance breaks that says "let's kill it," rather than "look at me." She also remains genuinely humble.

• Upvote 1

If she re-tweeted it, then she must know her new material is great. I still don't like the article, and the examples they used. Janet is bigger than that.

She probably didn't read it. I didn't.  The title is what sticks out.