EBONY MAGAZINE: "[SHADE BRIGADE] Don’t Ruin Janet’s Comeback, Y’all"

SonofBaldwin

janetjackson_caro_article-small_51067.jp

3. Please Don’t Set Damita Jo Up: As soon as I heard that Janet Jackson herself confirmed a new album and tour, I got up and did the butterfly. Janet is everything and your favorites she likely heavily influenced would agree. That said, someone sent me an article entitled “Why pop divas should fear Janet Jackson’s comeback” all I could hear was Auntie Nippy and my mama saying, “Hell to the nah.” 

Janet herself shared the article on Facebook, but I worry you stans are about to ruin the narrative of her comeback with these unrealistic expectations. I LOVE JANET JACKSON, but let’s be clear: She hasn’t had a hit album in more than a decade and the present climate of radio is not very favorable to Black women, nor to women of a certain age. Janet’s music will likely be amazing and I’m certain her tour will do well. However, in terms of album sales and radio airplay, let someone getting a check over such matters worry about that. Do not base your reaction to Janet’s comeback on such stats. She’s already made her mark so this is just a bonus for her and us, her fans. We don’t need to pit her against her younger counterparts (and sons) or the likes of Madonna and Mariah Carey. Chill.

http://www.ebony.com/news-views/shade-brigade-dont-ruin-janets-comeback-yall-403#.VWHVWkbuIZw

• Upvote 1

okay so he saying don't compare? I mean I hear him and we've discussed this to some degree, the stats and sales. What I want folks to think about is the fact she's been gone for over 7 years now, and maybe just maybe Janet will enjoy commercial success to some degree albeit the current music climate. I just dont think folks should go writing the narrative when events have yet to take place.

Worst of all, it boggles my mind that folks speak on sales and the current music climate in reference to Janet, as if to say she has no clue what she's doing, and that's really misinformed to say the least considering she's a Jackson.....this lady was born into the music business, so why do folks act as if Janet herself (music royalty) doesn't know what the weather is like in music?

Its okay to say shes gonna slay musically,artistically and/or her performances but the "shes making a comeback to SLAY your favs" is beyond putting your foot in your mouth cus thats implying that those numbers are gonna slay and newsflash.. this is not 1993. As an older fanbase we should leave that to the kids anyway..and not play into all that lil petty bullshit. I will be blowing Janet up in my tweets but its not about her vs anyone its about HER and her RETURN.

• Upvote 2

You just did what you said "folks" shouldn't do :blink:

no I didn't I stated facts, I believe she will enjoy commercial success to some degree, if one person buys it there you go ...see what I did there :shifty:

you never know what the future holds, and to that I hope Janet and her fans get to enjoy this thats all I really want....BUT somethings may come along too as icing on the cake, Norma thats all Im saying, I think this will be a great era, but lets not go writing off any success

no I didn't I stated facts, I believe she will enjoy commercial success to some degree

No one knows what the future holds,

Facts are based off evidence. You have no evidence to prove that to be fact; therefore it's an extreme opinion and you are in fact pushing your expectations on the project

You did nothing there but made a foolish scenario. If anything has a sale of 1 unit and that's it.. It's a failure

See what I did

Facts are based off evidence. You have no evidence to prove that to be fact; therefore it's an extreme opinion and you are in fact pushing your expectations on the project

You did nothing there but made a foolish scenario. If anything has a sale of 1 unit and that's it.. It's a failure

See what I did

Im not gonna argue with you, I don't feel like it right now bae..... you wanna do this sorta thing as soon as I post you come running....dude get out my ass crack :umm:

Realistically, she's going to get the acclaim. EVERYONE is waiting for the music.

Depends on who is going to do the reviews tbh. I can see her dropping an amazing album with almost no flaws and getting bashed here and there, 

One things for sure, she's not getting grammys even if its AOTY material.

• Upvote 1

Depends on who is going to do the reviews tbh. I can see her dropping an amazing album with almost no flaws and getting bashed here and there, 

I'm not so sure, about the Grammy talk, because they (NARAS) did post a pic of her from 2002 on their site after the announcement. I think the entire "thing" with the Grammies is much like MTV, the issue can be fixed, and its a good look again its brand management 101.....and reviews, she can have her team ahead of that game get those reviews written by legit sources with a high media profile, I honestly believe Janet has on deck one of her best albums ever.....they can try to shade a chick if they want to, but let's keep this shit real, how many of these females in the game have made good albums lately? Kinda hard to ignore good shit when all you hear is bad shit

So true. I'm just waiting for the first person to say she is trying to capitalize off of everything going on in the world. Police brutality etc.

I just want the music, that's what it's always been about for me. And the performances.

I don't get paid off anything Janet sells so why should I care? :lol:

This woman is coming off a 7 year hiatus. Leave her alone and let her present her music to the world without worrying about the extra. Janet is certified and beyond.

• Upvote 1

Its okay to say shes gonna slay musically,artistically and/or her performances but the "shes making a comeback to SLAY your favs" is beyond putting your foot in your mouth cus thats implying that those numbers are gonna slay and newsflash.. this is not 1993. As an older fanbase we should leave that to the kids anyway..and not play into all that lil petty bullshit. I will be blowing Janet up in my tweets but its not about her vs anyone its about HER and her RETURN.

Thank you! I'm not oblivious to the fact that sales help. However, I've never paid attention to that, nor do I bother using that to defend Janet. I have always been about quality. Janet is a quality performer, and has always been in a league of her own. That's what draws me to her and her music.

• Upvote 2

FUCK THAT!!! Janet Muthafuckin Jackson is about to go the fuq awf. Bitch has spent seven years cooking up a plan to dominate in all areas, this is her first album released since her brother transcended, this is her first album without the mediocre JD,....so yes I believe that this bitch is about to go all the way in...the stage has been set, the line in the sand has been drawn...get the fuck on board, be delusional, crazy, insane but best believe BITCHES NEED TO BE WORRIED.

end.

• Upvote 4

FUCK THAT!!! Janet Muthafuckin Jackson is about to go the fuq awf. Bitch has spent seven years cooking up a plan to dominate in all areas, this is her first album released since her brother transcended, this is her first album without the mediocre JD,....so yes I believe that this bitch is about to go all the way in...the stage has been set, the line in the sand has been drawn...get the fuck on board, be delusional, crazy, insane but best believe BITCHES NEED TO BE WORRIED.

end.

I really am excited because I believe she is about to stage the biggest slayage seen in years :wub: