ABC: Janet Jackson Will Receive BET's First-ever "Ultimate Icon Music Dance Visual Award"

SonofBaldwin

Do you think it'll be like they said? Ciara, Tinashe, and Jason Derulo? And then, afterwards, Janet performing "No Sleeep"?

I want to see Ciara and Tinashe try to upstage each other.  Someone has to do Control.  I like no sleep but for a big show like this if she is peforming she needs to come big.  Maybe do a snippet of it and go into something else that will have people on their feet. 

I want to see Ciara and Tinashe try to upstage each other.  Someone has to do Control.  I like no sleep but for a big show lile this if she is peforming she needs to come big.  Maybe do a snippet of it and go into something else that will have people on their feet. 

You mean, like she did at the MTV Awards with "That's the Way Loves Goes" and "If"?

Do you think it'll be like they said? Ciara, Tinashe, and Jason Derulo? And then, afterwards, Janet performing "No Sleeep"?

I think Ciara will be a part of it and Tinashe has kissed enough ass where she has to be included. Im not sure about Jason. I do believe Janet is gonna eat that stage and go all the way off. I just hope we get that moment where she is staring at the audience mean mugging the shit out of it. That always gives me such life whenever she does it. I wonder who will present the award to her... :w00t:

I think Ciara will be a part of it and Tinashe has kissed enough ass where she has to be included. Im not sure about Jason. I do believe Janet is gonna eat that stage and go all the way off. I just hope we get that moment where she is staring at the audience mean mugging the shit out of it. That always gives me such life whenever she does it. I wonder who will present the award to her... :w00t:

Yaaaaaassssssssss!

And I'm going to need MAD LOUD applause and long standing ovations and screams and ERYTHANG. LOL!

Yaaaaaassssssssss!

And I'm going to need MAD LOUD applause and long standing ovations and screams and ERYTHANG. LOL!

you know BET audience is gonna eat that shit up. Its already a party up in there anyway. Janet always gets the BET girls in a tizzy just by walking on and across the stage...they are gonna act a fool seeing her perform. I just hope we have some real celebrities in the audience, last year they kept putting the camera on Busta Rhymes and Pharell. :umm:

remember this...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=461N6m-Ey68

Janet being the FIRST again!

FIRST lady to debut atop the Billboard chart in the Soundscan era

FIRST MTV Icon

FIRST Lady of Pop :shifty:

FIRST BET Ultimate Icon. 

What are her other firsts? 

• Upvote 2

you know BET audience is gonna eat that shit up. Its already a party up in there anyway. Janet always gets the BET girls in a tizzy just by walking on and across the stage...they are gonna act a fool seeing her perform. I just hope we have some real celebrities in the audience, last year they kept putting the camera on Busta Rhymes and Pharell. :umm:

remember this...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=461N6m-Ey68

They couldn't TAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE. And I was eternally HERE FOR IT, you hear me? LOL!

You mean, like she did at the MTV Awards with "That's the Way Loves Goes" and "If"?

Yes.  Something like that.  Premiere the new song to a large audience but also after her lessors tribute her remind them who the hell is in charge still and slay and walk that stage into the floor. 

I like that they made up a special award just for Janet. And I like that it has the words "Ultimate" and "Icon" in it.

:)

I like that. I really do. But they only doing it because she's coming back out this year.  I wish she would have gotten the Lifetime Achievement award instead.

all the other cool award shows do it...why not them? :unsure:

I'm not opposed to it..Something is just off about it. But I'll be tuning in to see LegendNET.

Confirmed:

http://www.bet.com/news/music/2015/06/23/janet-jackson-to-receive-inaugural-ultimate-icon-music-dance-visual-award.html

Janet Jackson to Receive Inaugural Ultimate Icon: Music Dance Visual Award

Tinashe, Jason Derulo and Ciara will perform a tribute to the pop royal at the 2015 BET Awards.

By Moriba Cummings
Posted: 06/23/2015 11:38 AM EDT
062315-music-janet-jackson.jpg

Janet Jackson's indelible mark on the world of music transcends decades and generations, and because of that, BET is honored to recognize the Queen of Pop with the first-ever Ultimate Icon: Music Dance Visual Award at the 2015 BET Awards.

"This is Janet Jackson, people! We are excited beyond belief to present her with our inaugural ULTIMATE ICON: Music Dance Visual award and we are thrilled that she chose the BET Awards as the first step on her new road," said Stephen G. Hill, BET's President of Programming. "An inspiration to many other artists, 'Ms. Jackson' ('cause I'm nasty) blends music, dance and visuals in unique and groundbreaking ways and we look forward to celebrating her storied history... as well as giving the BET Awards audience a peek into her Unbreakable future."

As she makes her grand return to the music scene, Jackson will be honored like the music royal that she is with performances from three of her biggest contemporary admirers: Tinashe, Jason Derulo and Ciara.

Ms. Jackson's comeback has already begun with her first single, "No Sleeep," from her upcoming album — her first in seven years — officially premiering yesterday (June 22). The Ultimate Icon: Music Dance Visual award will be another honor that Jackson can add to her résumé as she currently holds six Grammys, two Emmys, a Golden Globe, and many others. She is also the first African-American female artist to have hit singles in each of the last four decades, proving that she is very much deserving of this prestigious distinction.

Tune in to the 2015 BET Awards this Sunday, June 28, at 8P/7C, hosted by Tracee Ellis Ross and Anthony Anderson. You don't want to miss this!

Kudos to the #janfam member on Planet Janet who gave us this information a week ago! (I forgot who it was)

so upon further investigation, Miss Lionel knew a whole month in advance (May 20th) that he was receiving the Lifetime Achievement Award. I don't know what kind of fuckery is going on this time, rather its BET or Janet but this is some bullshit. I wonder if Janet wants them to announce the news when her single drops? :unsure: that would be smart since she will have the worlds attention :unsure: ...yes? :huh:

fuck BET Honors, BET needs to create a Millennium/Icon award quick fast and in a hurry and give it to Janet. All the other award shows do it. :rolleyes:

what kind of predictions?! voodoo always knows. :coffee:
  • Upvote 2