ABC: Janet Jackson Will Receive BET's First-ever "Ultimate Icon Music Dance Visual Award"

SonofBaldwin

Lemme remain positive. I hope they don't fuck it up.

Tinashe and Ciara are good dancers. Jason is cool. Wish it was Chris or Omarion.

I understand this is a dance award, but Janhova is more than just dance.

Somebody told me that Jason Derulo was a Julliard-trained dancer.

I don't know his work, so I don't have an opinion. But I hope he's good.

• Upvote 1

I was expecting Ursher tbh

I think they now consider artists like Usher to be "too old" and were going for more of the millennial generation.

Chris Brown would have been an obvious choice, but perhaps they didn't pick him because of his controversial background, or because he was already performing, or because he didn't want to tribute a woman. That last one prevents a lot of males for joining in tributes to women. They don't want to appear "feminine" by paying homage to a woman, singing songs about love and such from the perspective of a woman.

I think Chris Brown is to controversial and unpredictable. His recent antics where he basically bashed his girlfriend and threatened to beat the piss out of Tyson Beckford does not help his case. In a lot of ways, I bet Chris Brown reminds Janet of her first husband. >_<  Dude is unstable, but he can perform his ass off.

Oh wow. I'm so happy and truly proud of her. They attacked her and tried to destroy her BUT she's fucking BACK. :cry:

I foresee her doing huge things this era. The acclaim is there. The hype is there. The anticipation is there. And most importantly the music is amazing and Janet is inspired.

I'm getting emotional. I can't explain how much I love her, she saved my life. :cry:

Nah. Keep The flops away from Jan

Chris Brown is said to perform. Anything to get close to a Jackson, i see

Perform for Janet or just himself?  He does the same performance every year.  He sings.  Someone raps.  Then the curtain comes down and there is a drummer from some rock band doing a solo

I cannot believe they made up an award for JUST HER :lmao:

I know.  I can picture them sitting in the board room trying to figure out what to call it.   I hope they include more people than this.  I mean some adults maybe. Right now it looks like its going to be a mini you got served 

Perform for Janet or just himself? He does the same performance every year. He sings. Someone raps. Then the curtain comes down and there is a drummer from some rock band doing a solo

I know. I can picture them sitting in the board room trying to figure out what to call it. I hope they include more people than this. I mean some adults maybe. Right now it looks like its going to be a mini you got served

Janet I've read. I'm not sure. I'm not that invested in the lessors

Janet is said to perform so I don't care if Blue Ivy makes an appearance featuring North West. I'm only here for the Icon