ABC: Janet Jackson Will Receive BET's First-ever "Ultimate Icon Music Dance Visual Award"

SonofBaldwin

The Battle of the Lessers has officially BEGUN!

Ciara and Tinashe stands are fighting over who is more deserving to tribute Janet.

https://twitter.com/search?q=CIARA%20tinashe%20sales&src=typd

http://thatgrapejuice.net/2015/06/tinashe-ciara-fans-battle-twitter-following-janet-jackson-tribute-announcement/

LOL you can add Teyana Taylors fans they are starting.  She responded with LOL which means to me that she may have wanted in too.

Screen_Shot_2015_06_23_at_8_29_27_PM.png

Janet I've read. I'm not sure. I'm not that invested in the lessors

Janet is said to perform so I don't care if Blue Ivy makes an appearance featuring North West. I'm only here for the Icon

:lmao: :lmao:

and mariah's twins as backup dancers

For a few seconds I though Jason was Kanye. Lol.

Why can't they just let her come out and perform. Fuck the rest of them! I can't believe that I'm actually experiencing another "Janet is coming" anxiety attack!

Janet hand picked these flops although Jason is hottt on the radio

Sunday can't come fast enough

Janet hand picked these flops although Jason is hottt on the radio

Sunday can't come fast enough

I like Jason, and I think Ciara will do justice. I don't know anything about the other girl, and Jason is a quality performer. However, I still don't give a shit about anyone but Janet's performance.

I like Jason, and I think Ciara will do justice. I don't know anything about the other girl, and Jason is a quality performer. However, I still don't give a shit about anyone but Janet's performance.

Tinashe is a pretty good performer imo. She can dance and sing. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VnKKrOezjY8

Jason bores me but I'm glad it's him over Chris. I'm pretty eager to see what he can do. We know Ciara can perform too so I know she'll be fine. 

I only care Janets performance atm. Is she confirmed to be performing?

Tinashe is a pretty decent singer and performer. And she looooooooooooooves Janet:

• Upvote 2

Tinashe is a pretty good performer imo. She can dance and sing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VnKKrOezjY8

Jason bores me but I'm glad it's him over Chris. I'm pretty eager to see what he can do. We know Ciara can perform too so I know she'll be fine.

I only care Janets performance atm. Is she confirmed to be performing?

That crowd was as dead as Ciara's career

I'm sure there were a few people singing along. That doesn't mean the crowd didn't suck ass

I just comment on the fact the crowd was dead :coffee:

I mean it was the Soul Train Awards after all...

They need Janet again to revive the crowds tbh.

Strategically, it makes sense for them to have three current/millenial artists pay homage to Janet because it illustrates to the younger generation just how far and wide Janet's influence extends.

I know a lot of us wanted more seasoned performers or more acclaimed performers, but try to see this from the perspective of a 14 year old who is really into Tinashe or Ciara or Jason. They are about to have an Aha moment on Sunday. And to that I say: GREAT!

• Upvote 5

Strategically, it makes sense for them to have three current/millenial artists pay homage to Janet because it illustrates to the younger generation just how far and wide Janet's influence extends.

I know a lot of us wanted more seasoned performers or more acclaimed performers, but try to see this from the perspective of a 14 year old who is really into Tinashe or Ciara or Jason. They are about to have an Aha moment on Sunday. And to that I say: GREAT!

I don't see why they can't have both. Unfortunately since the named her award the ultimate dance visual Methodist AME Pentecostal saints holy Mary son of Jesus Baptist church icon award it limits the kind of performances people can do.

• Upvote 2