Janet - The Great Forever (2nd single??). Snippet inside.

bu.

I think unbreakable is to speak on all the mess she has been through and her just saying you can't stop me which is confusing because this snippet nor no sleeep address that.  I'm hoping the song is better than the snippet. I'm not sure what station would play this. 

I love it whether it's an actual single off the album or not.......stop creating a box that you think Janet needs to be in and just wait until you hear the entire album.  That snippet gave me joy!  I swear some of you are going to be flip flopping all over this era.  You are going to hate it either because you were expecting something different(whatever that is) and then love it as the era grows.  The lyrics are great and I love the musicality of the snippet....it has an upbeat jazz feel to it mixed with a motown vibe.  Some of you might have to realize that this album might just be geared towards an adult contemporary audience and I am completely fine with that.  I know there will be some upbeat dance cuts from the album but we have to let Janet reflect where she is at in her life.  Janet will never be able to satisfy everyone and that's partly because a lot of us still think Janet should follow certain trends.  We praise her when she doesn't but then cry bloody murder when we hear it for the first time.  Relax. 

• Upvote 8

I think unbreakable is to speak on all the mess she has been through and her just saying you can't stop me which is confusing because this snippet nor no sleeep address that.  I'm hoping the song is better than the snippet. I'm not sure what station would play this. 

Mayve you should read the lyrics on page 1 before saying silly things :) 

I like the way her voice is sounding on the snippet.

For all we know the beat/rhythm can change after that verse. There are songs that change pace like that (not that it has to).

I wonder what sparked the album title change though. Well at least if CIAC really was the title. I liked that it was a bit ambiguous because she could have came at everyone from any kind of angle. I do like Unbrakeable though (personally like it more) as it's more straight forward and she can personalize it as well. I'd rather compare it to Control instead of Discipline tho and hope it's something like that

• Upvote 1

Lyrically its brilliant, and it stands out as superb writing. I found the snippet to be kinda basic, I would hope a song with those lyrics also lived up to them with more layers, more depth, it does sound dated in a way

It sounds like Britney Spears

Edited by Bailey

K this snippet has all the makings of an anthem.  I'm loving it more each time I hear it.  It's so joyful and spiritual.  Some people are saying they hear vibes from "The Way You Make Me Feel" or Whitney's "I'm Your Baby Tonight" but someone else wrote they hear Tears For Fears' "Everybody Wants To Rule The World" which I can hear more.....regardless it's completely different for Janet whether you think it has a dated sound or you don't like the sound from that tiny snippet.  I think this song could be a subtle anthem for the entire project and she might just release an entire different 2nd single. 

These lyrics right here.....really try reading what she is saying.  It's beautiful. 

it might sound strange to you

what you think it don’t mean nothing

doesn’t change who I am

doesn’t change who I love

living my life

the way that I hope

is leading me to

The Great Forever

forever I will choose

watch what I’m doing

watch where I’m going

tryin to get to

The Great Forever

forever is the truth

• Upvote 1

I'm not here for it. A lot of fans are disappointed cause the song really doesn't sound like something they'd groove to. I know she's being different and not following the trend and instead she's setting her own trend like the Legend and Icon she is but if she wants this album to do well she better come with it better than "No Sleeep" and "Great Forever". Then again it's just a 15 second clip and it sounds like it's the ending of the song so hopefully the full song is much better. As a loyal Janet fan i'm gonna buy whatever she puts out but if I weren't a loyal fan and I was just a fan of her music "No Sleeep" and this song wouldn't have me paying money to buy the album until I heard something better

"No Sleeep" is classic Janet, I have zero complaints there, this snippet is okay, its not bad, it's just kinda basic to me, it doesnt feel like someone whose been gone for 7 years coming back hard, and the time to come hard is now, she has the public's ear. The lyrics are soooooo great, I just wish the song had more going on, its not complex enough, its hard to explain listening to it over and over im not wowed. When she released the snippet of her singing "you make me feel" that sounded lush and beautiful.

"No Sleeep" is classic Janet, I have zero complaints there, this snippet is okay, its not bad, it's just kinda basic to me, it doesnt feel like someone whose been gone for 7 years coming back hard, and the time to come hard is now, she has the public's ear. The lyrics are soooooo great, I just wish the song had more going on, its not complex enough, its hard to explain listening to it over and over im not wowed. When she released the snippet of her singing "you make me feel" that sounded lush and beautiful.

so far No Sleeep is way better. Honestly Great Forever kinda has that feel to it like one of Michael's songs from his Dangerous album along the lines of "Leave Me Alone"

ya'll are doing the most with this snippet. Its not even a full minute of the song. I would wait to hear the whole thing before I pass judgement. I know some Janet fans want that sexy, silky groovy sexual innuendo song but I don't think Janet is in that space anymore. This is a new worldly Janet with causes and movements on her mind...getting her pussy wet might not be touched on this album and you dry hoes will deal.

• Upvote 1

ya'll are doing the most with this snippet. Its not even a full minute of the song. I would wait to hear the whole thing before I pass judgement. I know some Janet fans want that sexy, silky groovy sexual innuendo song but I don't think Janet is in that space anymore. This is a new worldly Janet with causes and movements on her mind...getting her pussy wet might not be touched on this album and you dry hoes will deal.

Agreed. The snippet being tragically awful doesn't mean that the full thing is going to be.

• Upvote 1

I like the snippet, it has a throwback pop feel.

I don't know why most of y'all are saying it's absolute throwaway trash, garbage not fit to wipe your ass with

some fans :unsure: 

Im saying lol. Just like with No sleep I see casual fans who heard the snippet love it, but people who call themselves fans are bitching, :unsure:.

Im saying lol. Just like with No sleep I see casual fans who heard the snippet love it, but people who call themselves fans are bitching, :unsure:.

I feel like those people complaining want her to release something in the vein of 'Feedback' so they can prance up and down the club and say YAS BITCH until they are blue in the face. Unfortunately Janet is onto bigger and better thangs and singing about her menstrual cycle is not apart of her repertoire these days. I could be wrong though. My thing is where was the love for 'Feedback' and 'All Nite' when they were released?! They want a sexy dance song but the two juggernauts that she released barely charted and underperformed.

• Upvote 5

I honestly don't want her to do anymore sex songs lol but I do want a few club songs. I will say that people doing too much by saying some aren't real fans just because they don't like the song. I didn't like "Nothing" or "Make Me" but some did and would say others weren't real fans cause they criticized the songs.

Agreed. The snippet being tragically awful doesn't mean that the full thing is going to be.

the shade in your post tho? :lol: