6 Things We Know About the Album, Thanks to Jimmy Jam

Now I want to hear "Night."

There’s a song called “Night.”

The re-discovery process the trio of Jackson, Jam, and Lewis went through on “No Sleeep” showed up again when working on another song, and it ultimately hinged on Jackson’s physical reaction. “We did another song that’s just called ‘Night.’ We never really had an ending for it,” says Jam. “So I got this idea for an ending and told her about it. I worked on it a little bit, then I gave it to Terry, and we were playing her some stuff just to show her where we were at, and when that ending came on that she hadn’t heard, it was the same thing: huge smile, dancing around the room. She loved it. To me, as a collaborator, that’s to me the best feeling in the world when you get something that moves her like that. That’s what you want.”

janet-jackson_612x380_0.jpg?itok=SjvPM1M

so we have an actual concept and the lyrics are deeply personal :D here.for.it

things Im glad he didn't say:

classic janet with a twist :rolleyes:

its about the different levels of love, the ups and downs of love :blink:

its an up album :mellow:

It's like you have telepathy and you peeked into my most private thoughts.

f88BoSn.gif

• Upvote 3

so we have an actual concept and the lyrics are deeply personal :D here.for.it

things Im glad he didn't say:

classic janet with a twist :rolleyes:

its about the different levels of love, the ups and downs of love :blink:

its an up album :mellow:

6 Things I'm Glad He Didn't Say:

1. Classic Janet with a modern twist
  2. You'll have to hear it From Her Lips
  3. Happy Album
  4. An album about love
  5. Throwback to ______ (insert previous album title)
  6. Sex Sex Sex 
  • Upvote 2

This was all I wanted to hear! Whole thing was a great read tho, I love hearing what I suspected, that she was working to have all this planned out to the T! But this is my favorite part.

Unbreakable sounds unlike any past Janet Jackson album.

Both Jam and Lewis believe that fans will be surprised at the different versions of Jackson that show up on the album, but ultimately she’ll still be holding everything together. “I think it’s totally different from any of her other albums,” says Jam. “But it feels like her. At the end of the day, I go back to that. The thing about this album is there’s a lot of different places that it touches, but at the end of the day, it’s pure Janet.”

Not feeling the whole "Unbreakable" concept..  after he explained it, it is too much like Disc... corny.

This interview has me intrigued to see what sets this album apart from other Janet albums. To say it sounds NOTHING like her previous shit is a very BOLD statement. Im nervous at the same time. And we all know why lol

Edited by janetDAYZ
  • Upvote 1

Tina Landon? Come on now..let it go. Its 2015. She is/was not the only "dope" choreographer out there. Shes actually overrated.,,and thats coming from a dancer.

I actually don't like a lot of what's considered "current style" of choreography. Many current choreographer actually seem to over-choreograph. It's very busy to me. They don't allow for a breath between the beats; they choreograph every. single. note. It's way too much.

So yeah. I would have prefer Tina's grace and subtlety. Sorry if that offends you. :(

• Upvote 1

I actually don't like a lot of what's considered "current style" of choreography. Many current choreographer actually seem to over-choreograph. It's very busy to me. They don't allow for a breath between the beats; they choreograph every. single. note. It's way too much.
So yeah. I would have prefer Tina's grace and subtlety. Sorry if that offends you. :(

You're just use to her style and the fact that she choreographed for Janet at the height of her career. Its easy to become attached to whats familiar and reminiscent. But the beauty of growth is things change as you move through different phases. A 49 year old Janet working with a choreographer she worked with when she was 26/27 does not appeal to me. Defeats the purpose of growth  and progression 

Producers are the only thing that make sense to stick with imo 

Edited by janetDAYZ

I HATE THAT. I miss the days of good transitions and fluidity.

• Upvote 1

You're just use to her style and the fact that she choreographed for Janet at the height of her career. Its easy to become attached to whats familiar and reminiscent. But the beauty of growth is things change as you move through different phases. A 49 year old Janet working with a choreographer she worked with when she was 26/27 does not appeal to me. Defeats the purpose of growth  and progression 

Producers are the only thing that make sense to stick with imo 

Nah, because I liked Paula Abdul's choreography and Barry Lather's choreography and Marty Kudelka & Shawnette Heard's choreography too. Not just about the height. I liked Tina's grace.

After about 2009 or so, current styles of choreography seem stale and overdone. Just my opinion. Has nothing to do with Tina choreographing at the height of Janet's career. I just haven't seen any recent choreography by current choreography that moves me. MAYBE Jose Hollywood is the closest I've come to liking a contemporary choreographer. Otherwise, it all looks the same. And, to me, all lacks grace and originality. These current kids aren't producing anything iconic.

• Upvote 1

Nah, because I liked Paula Abdul's choreography and Barry Lather's choreography and Marty Kudelka & Shawnette Heard's choreography too. Not just about the height. I liked Tina's grace.

After about 2009 or so, current styles of choreography seem stale and overdone. Just my opinion. Has nothing to do with Tina choreographing at the height of Janet's career. I just haven't seen any recent choreography by current choreography that moves me. MAYBE Jose Hollywood is the closest I've come to liking a contemporary choreographer. Otherwise, it all looks the same. And, to me, all lacks grace and originality. These current kids aren't producing anything icon 

Idk thats such a complacent mentality. Im never a fan of someone going back in time and/or repeating themselves. If it were up to me she would have gotten a new choreographer with each project juss to keep things fresh with a new look and energy presentation/performance -wise. Just like how she switched up choreographers with Control and the RN era.  They served their purpose. Thats "exciting" to me. For instance Gil is not terrible its just that his work grew stale to us becus Janet stayed with him far too long to where his choreo wasnt impressive anymore. TIna's work ran its course too. We can agree to disagree Son Of ...    

Edited by janetDAYZ