What Are Your Favorite Things About Each Of Janet's Tours?

jarrylf

Fun Game I thought we could play to celebrate the start of  the tour tonight. What are elements from each tour that stand out to you that you really love & appreciate?

1. Rhythm Nation: That it was mostly if not completely live. The dance breaks for Nasty & What Have You Done For Me Lately. The fact that there was no medley, each song was performed entirely. BEST live rendition of Come Back To Me & Pleasure Principle, & Rhythm Nation. The breakdown & ad-libs for the  end of Rhythm Nation. The simple stage, and simple outfits, it seemed to say (whether or intended or not) it's not about the costumes or stage designs, it's about the music & talent

2. janet. I think it's the most natural and playful she's been with the dancers/band and audience with the ad libs and teasing than she's ever been. I like that there were 3 different endings in time. I love the breakdown with Black Cat. Best rendition of Alright to me. The live rendition of Because Of Love, perfect closer. 

3. The Velvet Rope: I think it's her 2nd best tour vocals for the most part, the final segment was perfect. Her best rendition of Again,  her performance of What About, Go Deep & Special. The nun-chucks in Rhythm Nation. I think it's my favorite live rendition of Together Again. The guitar solo for Black Cat was the best. 

4. All For You: Best whimsical medley, the performance & costume of Trust A Try, tied with All for You with the best opening/entrance. The staging is my 2nd favorite to Rock Witchu.  The asian theme & intro for If & Black Cat. The robotic/futuristic theme for Rhythm Nation  and the inclusion of The Knowlege's call outs. The rendition of Son Of A Gun (ft. Missy). The rendition of Someone To Call My Lover. My personal favorite rendition of Love Will Never DO.

5. Rock Witchu: That she performed songs from every single 1 of her albums, specifically that she acknowledged the 1st 2 FINALLY, My favorite rendition of Let's Wait A While she's ever done, I liked that Together Again wasn't the last song as it usually is. Best audience participation routine EVER.  The tribal melody. The outfit & staging for If, Rhythm Nation & Black Cat. The screen & lighting. The stage design was perfection. The transition with That's The Way Love Goes & I get Lonely, and how I get lonely started off slower, then picked up the pace. And the performance of So Much Betta, and it's transition to Nasty

6. Number1's: Probably my favorite opening costume she's ever done on tour, and the gown she wore for the ballads. The fact that she did Diamonds & The Best Things In Life Are Free & Scream. All the hair changes,  the fact that I saw it twice 1 time sitting in the balcony and the next in 8th row, tho 8th row was definitely better, but you really felt close

1. RN tour, Janet was in her "it girl" moment, she could do no wrong, the world loved her. The tour itself I did not see live, but it was much more dancing than any tour she's done. A lot of people at future shows would say "she danced a lot on the RN tour"

2. Janet. tour, this was on the heels of a landmark deal with Virgin records making Janet one of the highest paid entertainers in music history. Having said that I attened this show twice, the tour matched the epic level of the expectations, very over the top, pyro, set changes, hydaulic lifts....beautiful show.

3. VR tour. this show featured the best whimiscal in my opinion. The Vr tour was deep, it showcased a very theatrical side to Janet.

4. AFY, this show was amazing, beautiful set design, the whimiscal was dead by now, but she did it anyway, loved "If' and the opening

Rhythm Nation tour - it feels so raw. Like this is Janet before she became the HUGE icon she became in 1993. I like that. It has a sense of innocence. Like she's just beginning. 

Janet - the pure sexiness of it

TVR - the sassiness and the fact that she clearly knew that she was the shit during this tour

AFY - More focus on production was nice but it's my least favourite on the whole

RWU - her BEST set list to date! Such a crime to music that it wasn't a successful tour. 

Number 1s - the simplicity of it was appreciated. Being intimate made it much better. But I wouldn't want another tour like this - not for a long time anyway. I was front row, bitches. 

• Upvote 1