Unbreakable Tour reviews

kaeh1213

The video screens showed photographs of the poor and homeless, as well as a shot with a Canadian message, with a protester’s sign addressing the country’s prime minister: “Harper: No Tar Sands Pipelines.” Her dancers pumped fists in the air, and she sang, “We won’t accept excuses / We tolerate no abuses” and “Make this world a better place.”

:excited:If she does this in every city that has problems! YAS Humanitarianet!! 

Edited by Side-A Bu
  • Upvote 2

http://entertainthis.usatoday.com/2015/09/02/janet-jackson-tour-missy-elliott/

Embedded image permalink

Watch: Janet Jackson kicked off her 'Unbreakable' Tour with a superhuman performance

By Maeve McDermott September 2, 2015 9:49 am

TWEET

EMAIL
(Photo by Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP)

(Photo by Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP)

Consider this a friendly reminder that Janet Jackson is one of the greatest performers of her generation.

Last night, Janet Jackson kicked off her first tour since 2011 in Vancouver, ahead of her first new album in seven years, Unbreakable.

She gave us life:

And some new music.

Spot Missy Elliott on screen behind her? Janet opened the show by previewing new music she collaborated on with Missy.

Can we have that right now, please?

Though we did notice that the notoriously sexy Ms. Jackson—as well as her background dancers—were all covered up in white from head to toe, with not a single costume change the whole show.

What is happening?!

Here’s the Janet we’re more familiar with:

Janet Jackson at the Billboard Music Awards in 2006. (AP Photo/Mark J. Terrill)

Janet Jackson at the Billboard Music Awards in 2006. (AP Photo/Mark J. Terrill)

But really, who are we to judge—Janet is 49 and dancing circles around her R&B contemporaries half her age.

So, yeah, she doesn’t need you or your opinions.

• Upvote 1

I know it's been mentioned elsewhere on this forum... but I am a little disappointed in the outfit. I'm sure harem (genie?) pants are comfy, but I feel like her dance moves would look even better in something more sleek. Not to mention, she's in great shape...and those pants aren't super flattering (in my opinion). The preview video for the album cover shoot gave me the impression that she had a lot of looks planned.

Maybe the costumes will evolve as the tour goes on?

Edited by kaeh1213

I know it's been mentioned elsewhere on this forum... but I am a little disappointed in the outfit. I'm sure harem (genie?) pants are comfy, but I feel like her dance moves would love even better in something more sleek. Not to mention, she's in great shape...and those pants aren't super flattering (in my opinion). The preview video for the album cover shoot gave me the impression that she had a lot of looks planned.

Maybe the costumes will evolve as the tour goes on?

I still feel like she will give you the bizness on her second leg of the tour. more costume changes, more new songs.

• Upvote 1

I still feel like she will give you the bizness on her second leg of the tour. more costume changes, more new songs.

Im wondering about that too, but I did really like all the new music, I mean there wasn't a song I didnt feel that was new...she got the music end together.....and the mixing during the show polished her old song arrangements up